Charleston at Seattle 8-26 (r)

Discussion in 'Charleston Battery' started by Mikey mouse, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tall order for the boys today.

Seattle have realy turned on the jets as of late. Charlston will be playing their third match in 4 days. adn Seattle has a rug as well.

Kick off is at 8pm EST so its a bit earier for all of us on the east coast.

we set up a chat room last night and it was pretty cool. I will be back in there this evening

http://e10gear.googlepages.com/home

of course it will be on USLlive and local radio 1340am

Good news is armstrong should be back. Toussaint didnt play last night and should rested as well. I imagine with King coming out early last night, he may see sometime tonight.

got to go for 3 point. Hopefully Montreal will beat Carolina tonight and do us some favors like Portland did for us against Miami.

Mikey

2. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yet, another 1-0 loss on this roadtrip.

3. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    So is Charleston pretty much done or do they still have a chance? Do you guys foresee changes for next year? Coaching staff? Players not coming back?, etc.

4. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are still in with a chance put it will depend on the results of some other teams and our team getting the busines done on the field.

As to changes to next year. Im not sure what will happen. We will be replacing Nigel cooper in the FO (an ammicable separation by the way) but I think that wil come from with in the organization.

On the field, Im sure we will have some turn over as that is the nature of USL. I think we had a lot of young guys this season and it showed in a few matches where we couldnt hold a lead or gave up silly goals. I didnt see a clear leader on the field either (not sure about the locker room angle) I would love for us to get a experienced Mid field general with a nice pedigree, but those are hard to find.

Quite frankly though we lost our top three players from last season ( four counting Watson) and that is a tall order to fill.

Im hoping the Battery spends some money on a couple key players and I think we'll be back up at the top were we have been.