Charelston v. DC United 6-14 (R)

Discussion in 'Charleston Battery' started by Mikey mouse, Jun 13, 2006.

1. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cary Cup II in Cary,N.C.

June 14 at 7pm don't think this one will be on-line either but will keep checking the Battery website aroudn 7 tomorrow.

I imagine this will be a chance for Auggie to run out some of the younger guys and i feel DC will probably do the same.

I had intentions of trying to make this match but I have several other conflicting items. I do know a couple Battery fans will be making the trip,

Come on Battery do us proud.

Mikey

2. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No webcast for tonights match from the Battery.

Battery just played three matches in four days and traveled for two of those.
    I doubt we play many starters for this one. We also have a match on sunday which we need to get some points from.

The storm came through Charleston last night.

lots of rain, tornato warnings, and high winds. knocked out power in a couple places and I cant imagine wanting to paly a match in that kind of weather.

funny no pre match press from DC, Charleston or even Cary that I can find about this match. Its like it is a closed door scrimage or something.

Mikey

3. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. ox utd

ox utd New Member

Aug 29, 2005
    charleston
    Not the best scheduling - after a long trip to PR then another match on the road against MLS. The only logical thing would be to play the second string guys who never get any time......I'd hate to see us lose an important player in a match that doesn't mean squat.....

5. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah, I see an entertaining match between the reserve sides for both teams ...... do you guys have a big enough roster to run a bunch of young/new guys out there tonight, or have injuries been a problem?

Maybe we could spot you David Stokes ;)

6. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

How about you play with Stokes and we call it even;)

we have 23 24 on the roster and only one real injury Chris Gores from the DC/Battery match (good news is he is off is crutches and moving around well)

Watson went off for a slight knock during on of the matches in PR but should be fine.

Don't think you will see a completely differetn roster but I imagine liberal subs will be used by both sides.

Mikey

7. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it's not the kind of thing they want to advertise, then lose the game.

8. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2-0 to DC at the half

DC scored in the 32 minute with a goal by Lucio Filomeno and a 2nd goal by Dyachenko in the 43rd minute.

no word on lineups

thanks to Amy for the update.