Changing Landscapes - Chicagoland

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by VolklP19, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Myxlplk

Myxlplk Member

Apr 10, 2019
    He was telling the girls to make sure that they pass her the ball specifically so she could score. Her family member plays(ed) on the YNT. The parents were not too happy with this.

2. Myxlplk

Myxlplk Member

Apr 10, 2019
    It was like you described, sadly.

lncolnpk repped this.
  3. Regista

Regista Member

Barcelona
    United States
    Feb 22, 2019
    Thanks for your updates! For a highly competitive league, you would expect more than half the games updated, but still more than half missing from the weekend. Even IWSL does a better job at this.

I wonder who is at fault for that. Maybe some parents don't care, but I'm sure a lot do as would coaches and some 12 year olds, lol. Playing this weekend without an update is kind of defeating the purpose of the league to be for the most competitive teams in the state.

4. Myxlplk

Myxlplk Member

Apr 10, 2019
    Everyone who was rostered for the 06 game played. There were lots of injured girls on the bench so it may have looked like a lot.

5. OrangeCard

OrangeCard Member

Brazil
    Mar 14, 2018
    Anyone know Eclipse v Eclipse scores from last night?

6. illinisoccer

illinisoccer Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    U18/19 was 3-1 to OB. The two national team girls played for OB.

7. Myxlplk

Myxlplk Member

Apr 10, 2019
    U13 went to OB 5-1. Hatrick by their striker who plays up with the 06.

8. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    I have heard without this player "playing up" this team would not be as successful. Also aren't there 2 other decent players playing up?

9. Iniesta62106

Iniesta62106 Member

Sep 17, 2018
    OB wins that game nine times out of ten, with or without her. The pool players even got minutes last night.

VolklP19 repped this.
  10. illinisoccer

illinisoccer Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    NB has a lot of 08s that play on the u13 team.

11. Iniesta62106

Iniesta62106 Member

Sep 17, 2018
    It showed. There was a huge size/athleticism difference.

12. illinisoccer

illinisoccer Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Early returns: OB>NB by a comfortable margin.

13. upper left

upper left Member

Crystal Palace
    Uruguay
    Jan 27, 2018
    But NB is "charging"! You just wait... once that nutritionist's work starts kicking in... three years... Rory will have to get used to listening to the music while waiting on hold when calling the north franchise. The tables will turn, just be patient.

Oh, but wait, none of it matters because GDA will have taken over by then.

Carry on.

14. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    This is what I figured. I still think NB has a chance in 2-3. But from what I hear from coaches there, the same north shore mentality is live and well - kids not showing up to practices and not takiing it all very seriously - at least on the non ECNL teams.

This is what it was like for Magic and FCU on the girls side.

So odd - seems that Sockers is working to improve the girls side (albiet with really bad pools - less the u11 team), Eclipse OB is on the decline and FCU can't seem to make a run of it with all the resources in the world.

At least that's what I am seeing.

Ryan7852 repped this.
  15. Iniesta62106

Iniesta62106 Member

Sep 17, 2018
    I actually do think it the gap will shrink dramatically in 2-3 years. Culture matters but it shows up over time. I don’t know anyone who feels good about the coaching style at OB. Zero. Of course when the coach likes your kid it bothers you less and most “good” players tolerate it. If NB can get their feet under them (are all these teams new? Stitched together with 4 from Club A, 3 from B, etc? Or did any teams transfer wholesale?) I think the experiment will work. Of course this assumes JS has a better/different style.

And Volk I thought NB didn’t have non-ECNL teams?

16. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Some of the coaches brought over are working with FC1 teams as well and have expressed this.

17. Brace Yourself

Chelsea
    Turkey
    Jan 19, 2019
    Heard from a friend that the 18/19 game was very physical with many girls getting hurt. Not good to see. But given the new rivalry, not unexpected.

18. Myxlplk

Myxlplk Member

Apr 10, 2019
    They lost their first game against Michigan a few weeks ago when she wasn’t with the 07s. She played with the 06s against Michigan that same weekend and scored twice.

19. Myxlplk

Myxlplk Member

Apr 10, 2019
    It was very physical maybe even a tad bit dirty but the mentality from the OB side was to win and send a message that OB is still the place to be.

20. OrangeCard

OrangeCard Member

Brazil
    Mar 14, 2018
    So OB gooned it up to send a message?...Not buying that.

21. illinisoccer

illinisoccer Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    NB could not get the ball out of their half in the second half. OB was peppering the goal. It was physical in a sense that NB had some very hard tackles from behind or the side that were borderline. It really was not competitive in a soccer sense.

22. upper left

upper left Member

Crystal Palace
    Uruguay
    Jan 27, 2018
    So now the coaches are telling you their players are lazy and don't care, "Get me better, more dedicated players, and three years from now..."
    Sounds like an inspiring staff that has big plans.

23. illinisoccer

illinisoccer Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    There was a lot of rain last weekend so maybe some games were cancelled. Also MRL games are not updated either.

24. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    I think I clarified these are coaches brought on for FC1 - they are also helping with Eclipse.

In any case this should go without saying if you know the NS mentality. It's been that way since my oldest daughter guest played for Magic HP years ago. Coaches yelling at players after games about not showing up for practices and even games. One season we integrated U14 HP with u13 Magic North and it was a cluster! HP girls were 7 in total and only 3 ever showed up.

Over that winter I dumped HP and looked to Frankfort for players and we got a response right off with u12 girls - many very solid players who had no issue driving much farther to participate.

Like Frankfort, OB won't have that problem.

25. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Apparently JS ordered up some college coaches for these friendlies. Iowa, Northwestern and Wisocnsin showed up - a few smaller colleges. Arguably they probably had their eyes on the OB players but the point being - like the Michigan friendlies earlier, this was all set up by JS.