Changing Landscapes - Chicagoland

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by VolklP19, Dec 28, 2016.

1. illinisoccer

illinisoccer Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    E64 and Club Vs Club is a much easier format on the participants than MWC. All your teams play in the same location as opposed to trying to coordinate all the different locations.

2. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Remember these as a kid? Yes the bed sheet was stuck to it the next morning :eek:

[​IMG]

WI Soccer Dad repped this.
  3. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey guys, random question. My question may not be relevant to this thread but it’s the only active thread I see so o thought I’d ask here. Last year I ran across some videos from a well-known American coach who specializes in very basic soccer skill exercises for very small children and even toddlers. Like little touches you can teach a 2-3 year old to develop skills. Does anyone know the guy I’m talking about? His name and YouTube videos?

4. CornfieldSoccer

Aug 22, 2013
    Maybe this guy? He has a pretty big following.

https://tomsan.com/en/
    https://www.youtube.com/@TomsanTV/videos

Jazzy Altidore repped this.
  5. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. Scoots

Scoots New Member

Jul 12, 2016
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    #6281 Scoots, Feb 21, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2023
    Depends on what part of Minneapolis you are going to be in and how much travel you want. As others have suggested MTA, Salvo, and TFE are the top 3 for 07's - Minnesota Eclipse folded...

7. TinyClub

TinyClub Member

Jul 11, 2019
    FC1974 advertising that they are playing in the ECNL next year (see their twitter page and link below).
    You could say it is the ECNL RL but it is very deceptive if that's the case.

https://www.glsa.org/page/show/7759212-fc-1974-tryouts-and-id-clinics

8. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Well whether Inter moves to the North I would say that with this - Eclipse North is over.

I have spoke with a few 2nd team players parents who left last year for Raptors and they have said that FM has been fantastic and that the club is working with parents through growing pains but doing right by the players all the way. Exactly what the Eclipse has never been capable of.

My guess is with CL out in Milwaukee and apparently out from the ECNL - with the expansion of ECNL in Chicagoland, that Eclipse will continue to maintain the top teams but their numbers are going to dwindle and they will look like Sockers with few second and no 3rd teams at all.

Makes me wonder if we will see coaches leaving Eclipse soon?

9. SoccerNet101

SoccerNet101 Member

Feb 9, 2022
    you have a lot of interesting rumors in this post:

is Inter moving north? I haven’t heard that but I have heard they will get a full ECNL membership.

I haven’t heard of anyone moving to Rockford for ECNL due to location other than stretch players who likely couldn’t make the big clubs in Chicagoland so they have to drive a long way to get on Raptors.

Is Lavers out of ECNL? Haven’t really paid attention but the website still shows him as president.

10. WI Soccer Dad

WI Soccer Dad Member

May 2, 2022
    Just to be clarify. He is/will still be/was the president of our club, and he told us that he's moving west but there wasn't any indication that he was out of ECNL all together.

It was portrayed to us parents, and players that it was the exact opposite and he'll be more focused on ECNL from his new location with no coaching duties.

11. WI Soccer Dad

WI Soccer Dad Member

May 2, 2022
    I see what you mean. Interesting and it seems a bit early to know that already.

12. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
  13. chicagosoccerparent

Leeds
    United States
    Dec 1, 2022
    Wow, crazy. It makes sense based on the level of performance for sure but I would. imagine most of the soccer community would never think the day would come.

It will be interesting to see if anyone goes into their place. At 2009 and older age groups there are 15 teams in ECNL Midwest Division so down to 14 teams now and then at 2010 there are 14 teams (no Rockford?) so that is 13 teams. Expansion of the conference? Maybe teams come over from (or go to) the Ohio Valley Conference?

An odd number doesn't exactly make sense when it comes leagues for traveling purposes.

Get your popcorn ready?

14. WI Soccer Dad

WI Soccer Dad Member

May 2, 2022
    DAAAANG. Very interesting indeed. Between this and Colorado switching conferences, some reshuffling is under way for sure.

15. WI Soccer Dad

WI Soccer Dad Member

May 2, 2022
    Just me guessing.... But down to 14 now, I would add in 2 RL programs to get it up to 16. 16-18 I've always believed has been their target for conference.

16. AJ124

AJ124 New Member

Jan 13, 2020
    I wouldnt be suprised if other chicagoland clubs get regional status to replace the 1 or 2 that get promoted.

17. soccergissmo

soccergissmo New Member

Jul 20, 2021
    FYI .. Eclipse DOC just has been fired

18. illinisoccer

illinisoccer Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Which DOC?

19. jsScott

jsScott New Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    DL

20. chicagosoccerparent

Leeds
    United States
    Dec 1, 2022
    Sounds like a mess within the club. Hopefully those at ECNL look long and hard at this when looking to add teams in the conference. Adding a few more Chicagoland teams would offer organizational stability along with quality. I would assume announcements would be coming soon if anyone is added especially since we heard Eclipse North is done at the top level.

21. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Is DL the fall guy - the one which Eclipse will use to keep an ECNL badge? I mean DL is an alright guy - never heard anything as far as him acting like RD to kids - or anywhere near to that extent. We know they are down to one location and that their Winter training is non-existant essentially. They are not developinig - just living off a reputation.

22. RedsSupporterNWA

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Feb 9, 2022

All the signs are pointing to another team getting a full NL badge.
    Just wondering how many kids Eclipse will be able to hang onto if this happens.
    Hard to find many families who are enjoying their experience at Eclipse.

23. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    They will likely have the top teams because of reputation. Also seems like many parents are okay with the drive, abuse, being lied to, non-existant winter program. Your tier 2 and 3 players will flock to Sockers, FCU and who ever may also get a badge for ECNL. Someone here mentioned Galaxy may get a GA badge so kids will go there as well.

But IMO the top players will be on the top teams and Eclipse will still continue to stack teams with huge numbers and false promises to parents and players alike. So a loss but not that much. Like I said - we've seen the problem and it's the parents. Likely that does not change anytime soon - despite the bad news.

Heck from what I was told - Eclipse numbers were huge this season - sort of strange after the RD stories that surfaced just prior to try outs. But reputation is key. Like Sockers boys, it's the club to be for girls. Only difference is one is a house of cards and the other is a well proven program.

All that said - wonder what the deal is with DL leaving - was he actually fired??? If so why? Will he go to another club (back to TC maybe)? Worth noting there are still plenty of little RD "like" coaches still at Eclipse so this one still confuses me.

24. bluechicago

bluechicago Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Child played for both RD and DL. Would allow them to play for RD 100 out of 100 times before DL.

25. illinisoccer

illinisoccer Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Another one bites the dust today