Changing Landscapes - Chicagoland

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by VolklP19, Dec 28, 2016.

1. PosessionFootball

Barcelona
    United States
    Jun 28, 2020
    Yes - the clubs always schedule them themselves anyway (except for conference hosted weekends - there are none for first division now). And yes, these are considered MWC conference games....just got a late start....at least that's what I have been told! :)

Did the conference tell you that or did your club?

2. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    #4502 VolklP19, Oct 2, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
    So I went back and MF stated: "First Divisions cannot be realigned"

So I guess that means that they cannot be placed into their original divisions. That does not mean that they cannot play and that USYS will not recognize that. So if they come through and those of us who want and will play can - with their support, then I will stand corrected on this point.

If so I am wonder who is in? Are you in our 05 division?

FC United - Registered with IWSL and already playing so my guess is that they are in.
    BVB - Registered with IWSL but I do not see them having played external games.
    Raptors - Registered with IWSL and already playing so my guess is that they are in.
    Sockers - De-Listed in IWLS and not playing games.
    CL Force - Registered with IWSL and already playing so my guess is that they are in.
    Strikers - Registered with IWSL and already playing so my guess is that they are in.
    Campton - Registered with IWSL and already playing so my guess is that they are in.
    CIU - De-Listed in IWLS.
    CSA - De-Listed in IWLS.

So for us it looks like games with at least FCU, Raptors (who we were playing friendlies with prior to the IL shutdown, Force and Strikers. My guess is we will play Chicago Inter Red and LTSC again as we already have.

3. PosessionFootball

Barcelona
    United States
    Jun 28, 2020
    That's right..I reached out to the MWC a while ago and they told me they "couldn't" put the IL teams back in their multi-state first divisions after JB issued the no games order. That seemed to be pure laziness as MI wasn't playing games either. BUT they did create the IL-only divisions and it was up to the clubs to schedule any games. And then some clubs didn't want to play out of state...

We're girls '07 Wizard FC and we are scheduled to be playing:
    CSA
    FC United
    Galaxy
    Libertyville

Sockers and Northwind won't play.

Not sure what's going in with Inferno (fka FC Alliance)

Regista repped this.
  4. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    #4504 VolklP19, Oct 2, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
    Okay that answers one question then - CSA (even though de-listed with other clubs in IWSL) can play MCW. That's good. I know when I ran a club we obtained our insurance from IWSL so perhaps these clubs are insured via IYSA or USYS.

This is good - one more club we can potentially add to our schedule.

I believe Inferno as a whole is playing.

Where are you playing - Indiana? We played Inter Red at the old BOM fields in Lowell, Indiana.

Ahh BOM 2010 with the host Chicago Magic. Still have that kit from my oldest...

[​IMG]

5. illinisoccer

illinisoccer Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Why would CSA be worried about insurance?

6. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    As I mentioned - when I ran a club the Insurance was through IWSL. Many clubs have opted out of IWSL which in my case (9 years ago) would mean my players would have been un-insured altogether. I know there are other ways of obtaining insurance. I go through IYSA for my Rec organization.

I just brought up CSA and CIU because I would rather be able to see us play more MWC games then just vs FCU, Raptors, Force and Strikers.

7. illinisoccer

illinisoccer Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Was just messing with you about CSA and there previously uninsured/unsanctioned tournament

8. PosessionFootball

Barcelona
    United States
    Jun 28, 2020
    Hmmm....I'm pretty sure you still have to registered with the IWSL in order to play USYS MWC....maybe they are paying up now!

9. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    :thumbsup:

10. Regista

Regista Member

Barcelona
    United States
    Feb 22, 2019
    CHICAGO SOCCER ACADEMY Chicago Soccer Academy- 06 Girls Real Madrid (IL)

This team is playing MWC Prem 1 u15

11. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Yeah Prem 1 and 2 are playing.

12. PosessionFootball

Barcelona
    United States
    Jun 28, 2020
    Then I'm assuming CSA must have registered with another IL league like NISL or CIYSL. Thanks

13. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    I don't even think you have to sign with a league. You can get insurance from IYSA but also private parties like this.

But that begs the question of player cards. Right now those clubs which have elected to not register with IWSL - or any league for that matter, will likely not have player cards.

I've been out of the travel game for a bit so I am not sure if you need those for all tourneys, college combines etc... I know you need them for some and you need them for ALL league games. That was the big reason IWSL re-released the club's and divisions because they wanted to exclude those clubs and be clear that there was no way to get them back on board and issue cards for players in time. They actually made a point of this - likely knowing there was going to be no Fall season.

14. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    We should figure out a meet an greet for 2021! I would love to throw down a few with some of you :D

15. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Wow - I cannot express how great it was to get back out there this weekend! A handful of 05 players played with the u19 team in the lowest bracket. We had a fantastic weekend and won the division. 99% of the people had masks and social distancing was pretty good. It was in and out for us all weekend - no hanging out at all.

Happy players and parents for sure!

16. TinyClub

TinyClub Member

Jul 11, 2019
    A quick look at the U14 (girls) bracket at the Lighthouse tournament in Racine. Three flights. 13 teams total. 1 team from Wisconsin. 12 teams from Illinois.

17. Regista

Regista Member

Barcelona
    United States
    Feb 22, 2019
    ELA which is Prem 1 lost to FC alliance who lost to galaxy 08 who lost to ELA.

Evo and galaxy 07 leading PRem2 beating up on michigan iowa and wisconsin teams.

The difference between PRem 1,2, frst div teams in Chicago is little to none in this age group.

SASA 1984 may have the best team in Illinois and is in the qualifier

18. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Seemed a lot of teams were a mix of players - maybe not necessarily "official" rosters.

19. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    PM out there with no shoes... Tons of teams from Force and Inferno. It's going to be interesting to watch those two clubs go at each other over the next few years.

20. bluechicago

bluechicago Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NISL was registering clubs without a fee, my guess is a lot of the IWSL clubs went over there so they could play. Smart move on their part.

21. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    #4521 VolklP19, Oct 5, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
    Maybe this is where those IWSL clubs went off to? But are they even playing?

22. TinyClub

TinyClub Member

Jul 11, 2019
    I'm not privy to how it was done, but the original division placements for Illinois in the MWC were a travesty. One team in Prem 1, Two in Prem 2, and the balance in the lower tier while Michigan got FOUR teams in there.

23. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Game play this weekend - Lowell, Indiana. Campton and Evolution. Anyone else playing?

24. TinyClub

TinyClub Member

Jul 11, 2019
    FCU playing a GAL game in South Bend. Chicago signaled that Indiana could be added to "the list" but they didn't do it this week (which means, just like Wisconsin, they'll likely do it next week after signalling this week).

We have a game scheduled for Pennsylvania later this season which is funny since Pennsylvania put Pritzker's state on its "no travel" list.

25. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    If we do not see a break out of COVID and these teams continue to play, this could be bad for those clubs who are not playing. I mean what is Sockers going to do - offer a discount if you sign up again for the 21-22 season.

Parents and players are getting frustrated - I know because I was one of them and we have several Open Play parents expressing this to those of us from Campton and Inferno who are playing.

For certain age groups - high school girls in particular, they are shedding soccer for other activities (school activities). Then you have another group of HS girls who want to play club still but want to do other things - Sockers - Eclipse - Galaxy - FCU worth it? Is it less stressful for those players to look at clubs with good teams but that are not as committed to training 4 days a week? IMO the demographic of seriously committed girl players decreases now more then at any time (age wise).

Frankly I think we may see a decent size shift of players this coming try out season - if we even make it that far.