Changing Landscapes - Chicagoland

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by VolklP19, Dec 28, 2016.

1. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Dude they are allowed up to 9 kids for technical training - what the hell are you talking about?

Are you saying training without contact is just worthless - only good for "socializing"?

Also...

"Based on what I have seen from phase 3 training sessions"

Are you going out scoping various club trainings? Or is this just really an opinion?

2. illinisoccer

illinisoccer Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    The facility I am at has 3-4 clubs training at it.
    One of them only is doing dribbling. They are not allowing the kids to pass because they considered it shared equipment or something. If last fall a parent saw a team do a training session like the ones IYSA is allowing during phase 3 they would question what the coach was doing so why is that ok just because of a pandemic? The clubs should have refunded everyone and then provided them the option to sign up for these sessions. Keeping people’s money and justifying it with Zoom and contactless technical sessions is not right. Maybe you think it is and that it fine but I think it is crap.

3. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    I don't think it's right but I think it's quite possible to have live training sessions with 9 or less players and make it meaningful. I've coached for 20 years and would have no problem with that. Most of these kids also need to get back in some sort acceptable shape so there's that as well.

Then of course there are the players - who are more then happy to be back.

4. Soccer1310

Soccer1310 New Member

May 11, 2020
    Anyone know when rosters need to be finalized for the fall? Anyone heard if there has been a lot of movement between clubs? More curious about girls.

5. lncolnpk

lncolnpk Member+

Mar 5, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FYI, Ken Snow, IU Soccer great who ran a lot of finishing camps around here died of COVID. He was 50.

6. 19Soccer

19Soccer New Member

Juventus
    Apr 17, 2020
    Also, anyone heard anything about this ?

upload_2020-6-23_8-30-18.png

7. Jesminder

Jesminder New Member

Chicago Red Stars
    United States
    May 7, 2020
    Chicago, IL
    I am curious about this. Did any of the clubs frequently mentioned here (i.e Fire, Sockers, FCU or Eclipse) offer any refunds or credits for the 2020-21 season?

8. illinisoccer

illinisoccer Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    IWSL is August 15

9. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Sockers - small discount applied to 2020/2021 registration.

Campton - Reduced annual fee, reduced kit fee and we are training all the way through to the 2020/2021 season. Full practices (with entire team) start 6/27 and go through mid August.

10. upper left

upper left Member

Crystal Palace
    Uruguay
    Jan 27, 2018
    Giving themselves 3rd ECNL Badge, in Rockford. Volk will now tell you that is obviously going to keep Eclipse NB from reaching its full potential.

11. lncolnpk

lncolnpk Member+

Mar 5, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eclipse Naperville part 3

12. SoccerPop314

SoccerPop314 Member

Fire
    United States
    Apr 24, 2020
    This or Rockford would be a welcome addition for travel for league games. It's a bit odd that the same club is the one that is creating all the local ECNL teams but I think this is a positive development.

13. AJ124

AJ124 New Member

Jan 13, 2020
    I think its just a new kit provider.

14. upper left

upper left Member

Crystal Palace
    Uruguay
    Jan 27, 2018
    Over promise... under deliver. Check.
    It's all about development.

15. Ryan7852

Ryan7852 Member

Barcelona
    United States
    Mar 24, 2019
    Sad. Heard he lived in Schaumburg. Young.

16. blackandwhitesphere

United States
    Apr 28, 2019
    No refunds from Fire or Eclipse. Fire doesn't have much planned for summer.

17. blackandwhitesphere

United States
    Apr 28, 2019
    BTW, Can't believe it about KS. Was he sick? A healthy 50 year old athlete doesn't succumb to Covid.

18. Hitcat

Hitcat Member

Chicago Fire
    Germany
    Feb 7, 2020
    Volk, don't tell me you're not seeing that hockey bullshit here. Trash.

I personally know a 24yo coworker with brain damage from poor oxygen perfusion and mini strokes, also a late 30s acquaintance that has to do dialysis 4 days a week after covid. Quit sleeping on this shit because "only old people are dying" it's leaving healthy people with lifelong debilitating issues.

lncolnpk repped this.
  19. blackandwhitesphere

United States
    Apr 28, 2019
    I'm not sleeping on any shit, I'm looking at the IL DPH website and figuring out that only 5% of the Covid deaths are people under the age of 50. That includes people with underlying health conditions and obesity, which are the two big factors that affect the survival of Covid. You look at someone like Ken Snow, who physically was probably in much better shape than your average 50 year old, and he doesn't fit the Covid profile. That's all. It is not the norm.

20. smontrose

smontrose Member

Real Madrid
    Italy
    Aug 30, 2017
    Illinois, NW Suburb
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We have no idea what underlying health issues he might have had...

NewDadaCoach repped this.
  21. SoccerPop314

SoccerPop314 Member

Fire
    United States
    Apr 24, 2020
    Not usually, but this isn't as benign as everyone makes it out to be. I have
    I agree it's not the norm, but what aren't reported are the survival cases for folks that have lasting heath complications and lung damage from COVID. It's not just death and 100% recovery. I'm totally excited to see the kids start playing again and I think it's a risk worth taking.. but the media does bend the story depending on the political leanings of the station but neither side really discusses the complications many survivors suffer from.

22. Hitcat

Hitcat Member

Chicago Fire
    Germany
    Feb 7, 2020
    Says who? I look at the data and see a big jump in deaths above normal. Those aren't counted in your data. You don't know his comorbidity, high blood pressure is not known to most with it, pre diabetic is not usually known, hell Ohio makes uppity watch a video and sign waivers on Katie's law. When Olympic swimmers can't walk up a flight of stairs I'm gonna be worried about my barely 5 days a week gym routine.

23. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    43 kids (High School & College), and three fields. Three days a week at 2 hours per day. All open play and 100% free! This is what we need more of in youth soccer!

upload_2020-6-24_7-48-9.png

Ryan7852 and blackandwhitesphere repped this.
  24. blackandwhitesphere

United States
    Apr 28, 2019
    Says who? I just said the Illinois Department of Public Health website says who. Turn off cable news and actually go to the website and look at the Covid Death Statistics page. 5.4% under the age of 50 for deaths. Yes, I didn't know KS's comorbidity. He could have been diabetic, high blood pressure, or other immune issues. Healthy people aren't DYING of this disease. Are they getting hit hard? Some are, some aren't. But dying? No. Is there always the exception? Yes, but those cases are extremely rare. Just for the record there have only been 4 deaths of children under the age of 20. I read stats on this stuff, not sensationalized news headlines.

25. illinisoccer

illinisoccer Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Currently illegal in Illinois until Friday but feel free to keep spreading the virus