Changing Landscapes - Chicagoland

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by VolklP19, Dec 28, 2016.

1. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not quite apples and oranges, is it?

It WAS a question, by the way, not a command.

2. Ryan7852

Ryan7852 Member

Barcelona
    United States
    Mar 24, 2019
    Our Federation is so messed up (i.e. completely compromised)

https://ussoccerplayers.com/2020/02/statement-about-the-uswnt-2017-2021-cba.html

“Faced with a monopolist controlling their two primary potential employers and aware that a work stoppage could destroy the third effort at a women’s professional soccer league in the United States, it is our view that the women had no reasonable alternative but to accept the 2017-2021 terms the Federation demanded.”

They did accept that agreement. That’s on them. But their assertion re:monopoly is spot on...

3. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    DelSol Presidents Cup this weekend... FCU again with a huge presence in AZ. DelSol sent many teams to their tournament this past Fall so there's that.

We did this tourny last year and ended up playing FCU in the final. LOL all that way to play another Chicagoland team.

Good fun and an excellent venue.

07 Girls FCU and Sockers
    06 Girls - Eclipse, FCU and TC
    05 Girls have Eclipse FCU, Team Chicago and Sockers.
    04 Girls have Eclipse, FCU and TC.
    03 Girls - Eclipse, FCU and TC.
    02 Girls - FCU
    01 Girls - FCX (Barrington in the top bracket)

4. illinisoccer

illinisoccer Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    A bunch of other Chicago area teams out there. Can’t blame them with this weather and lack of 11 11 facilities

5. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Yes this tourney seems as though it gets more numbers - likely for the weather - as you mentioned. Last year our final 2 games it did get really cold however - like go out and buy a jacket cold!

Memphis seemed rather empty this past weekend, Maybe the city itself is having an impact on the tourney...

Grand Park in Indiana looks low on numbers as well for next week. I do like that facility however and they have surprisingly good food.

mwulf67 repped this.
  6. smontrose

smontrose Member

Real Madrid
    Italy
    Aug 30, 2017
    Illinois, NW Suburb
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is about getting to warmer weather, getting out of town. Staying in a hotel, and not cooking,right?
    People aren't doing this because they think there's a training effect for their kid ate they?

7. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Vacation excuse?

Hey man - we pay for the shit so I am down with that :D

8. lncolnpk

lncolnpk Member+

Mar 5, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well TC plays no indoor games that I know. This is sort of their make up for that considering everyone is playing HS in 2 weeks.

I personally like driving every other week to Bridgeview than spending $2-3000 on a trip to Arizona.

9. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Yeah AZ is a bit much unless you are a fan of that area or a really good team. I like the drive aways 8 hours or less. That is always great time with my kid. We also leave early or later to catch museums and more to make it more memorable.

10. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    One problem with indoor games is that the quality of teams is spread out amongst facilities. You end up playing some pretty bad teams at times. We have a girls high school team made up of mostly sophmores and juniors that my kid plays on. we are at The Mac in Crystal Lake and that team is 9-0-0 with 53 GF and 5 GA.

On the other hand my kid is also on a boys high school team there with mostly juniors and seniors and they are getting killed 1-0-5 with 10GF and 23 GA.

So we are at both sides of the spectrum.

11. smontrose

smontrose Member

Real Madrid
    Italy
    Aug 30, 2017
    Illinois, NW Suburb
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ahh...forgot most people in here have girls and this is prep for h.s. season!
    Need more boys parents in here!

lncolnpk repped this.
  12. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    What are any thoughts on the DA youth national soccer camps? I know players who have participated - not close to making a YNT but was it worth the experience from an exposure perspective. Are the players superior or are they just selected from every DA?

13. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Spoke to a coach - said these DA camps are an effort to recruit players into the DA for the most part. I was just curious because a parent had asked me and I really had no idea. Thought he was talking about a YNT at first.

14. CoachRudy

CoachRudy Member

Liverpool
    United States
    Feb 10, 2020
    Not sure what you mean by “DA youth national soccer camps”. There are full YNT camps For U15 and up, YNT regional mini-camps for U14, and local YNT ID events for U13-15, but the DA doesn’t run any of them.

15. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    This was for the u14 camp (I think) in California.

Again, parent was not sure so I just relayed what I was told.

16. CoachRudy

CoachRudy Member

Liverpool
    United States
    Feb 10, 2020
    That was a U14 YNT regional mini-camp. It was run by US Soccer and their Talent ID department. Not DA. A quick look at the camp roster shows players from DA, ECNL, and USYS clubs. Looks like 60 total players.

There will be one in Dallas in a couple weeks. There are local players involved.

17. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    I'll pass that on - thanks!

18. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
  19. 1goldeneagle

1goldeneagle Member

Aug 4, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago
    Hate to use the term but that was Fake News(conference) if I ever saw it.

20. GotSoccerIsDumb

Fire
    United States
    May 30, 2019
    LOL! Looks like he's found a new sugar daddy in AG of Mustangs. If you want to know what kind of person he is, just ask any former Mustangs "pro" player. The few I know we're all paid in anything but actual money...such as gift cards to places like Crate&Barrel and Bed Bath Beyond. That'll put food in the table lol. At least one international player was basically held hostage because AG held his visa...forced to do all kinds of things that he wasn't "contractually obligated" to do.

Between the two of them I wouldn't touch this with a 10ft pole.

21. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    My only experience is with the facility and drunken patrons who hang out and toss off racial slurs to people who are of the more lighter skin color.

Place is a dump!

22. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Heard lots of upset parents on the OB Eclipse teams in Houston this weekend. Apparently there were more then a handfull of discussion with OB parents asking NB parents how things are that way.

NK making kids cry and parents looking for other options.

Say what you want about NB but I think OB are just shooting themselves in the foot on a regular basis from what I hear.

23. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Heard 60 United is being absorbed into FCU.

24. illinisoccer

illinisoccer Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    It looked like NB had better success than during the league season.

25. Ryan7852

Ryan7852 Member

Barcelona
    United States
    Mar 24, 2019
    My gut says he’s trying to create a Cadence-seque club in NW burbs. A club that (I bet) will have heavy focus on futsal and Int’l travel (as he said). Those will be the lures.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.