News: Change in league structure 2013/2014

Discussion in 'Poland' started by WhiteStar Warriors, May 23, 2013.

1. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After thirty rounds of round core teams will be divided into two groups - the master and fall. The rucksack is divided by two (and rounded up). Then, each team will play the seven additional games. The above classified four at home, three away, classified below - vice versa. Besides the adopted reform of the Polish Football Association approved a timetable and rules of the competition.

http://www.90minut.pl/news/212/news...il-reforme-Ekstraklasy-w-sezonie-2013-14.html

I tried translating it, but if someone can come up with a better explanation, than post it.

2. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Similar to the Belgian league, I guess, and the Swiss league had (or still has) something like that. Anyway, they tried this already back a while ago (2004 or something) for one season, and it did not work out very well. I have no idea why this change.

3. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    There's no point in that as long as some of the good Polish players won't chose a Polish league club above Germany/Spain/EPL/Ligue 1/Serie A. It's just a league to step up. So no wonder that the best players in Poland are foreigners. It's not like there's an overwhelming talent pool. Bayern is still 10 times stronger... At best Poland could become a country like Belgium. But it surely looks good in TV telling 'we did something to get stronger' while there's no support from PZPN to build it from the bottom. I heard there will be a plan... there will be a plan on nurturing young talents... For 20+ years!

4. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well we do have one thing in our favor....Germany/Bundesliga is our neighbor.

5. maniak

maniak Member

Jul 9, 2002
    Portugal
    On the other hand, german clubs take your young players with ease.