Chances for 3rd place?

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by acleansheet, Apr 24, 2011.

1. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    This team reached its peak during the last two months of the season, winning 8 out of 10 games, including the FA Cup semis and final. I strongly believe the key factor is team chemistry. The players are finally glued together. It was a work in progress due to our high turnover ratio. How many players from 08/09 is still in the starting line-up? Not many. They had to play together and get to know one another, and now we have accomplished that and are on the same level playing field as Arsenal, Chelsea, and the Rags not only in terms of talent but also of team chemistry.

Put it this way, if there were 3 more games left in the season, we'd catch up to Chelsea for 2nd place. Chelsea is probably happy there are no more games left for us to get more point :).

2. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    8 of 10.... Jesus is that right?!

Winning the last three matches of the year to grab the bronze medal... Typical city.

3. deadendnights

deadendnights Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the last two months as a whole have been great, as soon as they got stomped at anfield they decided they had had enough and were going to take the season over. Hoping we keep it up.

4. acleansheet

acleansheet New Member

Nov 29, 2006
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Completely agree on the team chemistry. The squad really look tight and play for each other. However I feel like Tevez is the only one that doesn't join in. Looks like he's leaving in the summer anyways.