Championship Merchandise

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Old Man!, Oct 16, 2003.

1. Old Man!

Old Man! BigSoccer Supporter

RIP Chicago Fire
    Mar 11, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was never any USOC Championship merchandise after the '98 or '00 cup wins, but Puma has treated us fantastically compared to what Nike did. Am I hoping for too much in a USOC Champs t-shirt? Puma did make that great Section 8 shirt, why not this? Would anyone buy this?

2. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Whoa, right here! I'd be in on that.

3. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Glenwood Lane United

Apr 28, 2001
    Hanover Park, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd be up for at least a t-shirt.

5. Fuhrer

Fuhrer New Member

May 25, 2003
    Elmwood Park, IL
    Yeah me too, even though I got a ton of fire stuff allready.

6. bgb

bgb New Member

Sep 8, 2000
    Don't know about USOC stuff, but I've been told that there will be a 2003 MLS Eastern Division/Conference Champions t-shirt coming down the pike soon. Probably not by this weekend, but by the first playoff match for sure. It should show up on the FireGear site when it's ready and they should also have them at the stadium and at 980 N Michigan.

7. Old Man!

RIP Chicago Fire
    Mar 11, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now that seems dumb to me. Do very many people ever buy that kind of intra-league top division finisher stuff? Why would the Fire make a shirt for that and NOT for a real championship? 10 years from now, will anyone gloat over our Eastern Conference crown or our USOC win? I think the latter is far more likely.

8. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Wrong. I will gloat about it all to anyone willing to wait and listen.

9. feuerfex

feuerfex Member

Apr 21, 2001
    If memory serves, for the last three divisional crowns that the fire has won, they had commemorative t-shirts and sold them out before everyone who wanted one could get one.

Part of the "why one and not the other" may have to do with the fact that the divisional/conference championship thing is MLS and the Fire are MLS so that any licensing issues do not become a problem, whereas for the Open Cup, that "belongs" to USSF and those kind of issues may be a much bigger problem. (And considering USSF's demonstrated "expertise" in selecting championship final sites and the like, one might suspect that attempting to arrange something mutually beneficial with them might be a bit of a challenge.)

10. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Anyone wanna buy some commemorative "Metrostars actually made it to a Cup final" t-shirts? only $15.....

11. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    That's some expensive toilet paper.

12. Pyro

Pyro Member

Apr 18, 2000
    Fulton River District
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Weren't the FIRE wearing USOC Champs t-shirts (along with dope Puma knit hats) after their victory?

Of course, seeing as the USOC provided it they probably just printed 25 w/o team names on them then deducted the cost of the t's from the Fire's winning paycheck.

13. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    I wouldn't even wipe with that.

14. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Actually, those were not "official Nike issued shirts" and therefore we'll never see those again. Hooray USSF, very classy.

15. Pyro

Pyro Member

Apr 18, 2000
    Fulton River District
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ya know...

I have to walk past the house of Chicago/FIRE disrespect (18th and Prarie) to every home game now.

No USA games at Soldier since...I don't know when.
    The Open Cup debacle..Lackluster promotion...bad TV deals....What is going on there??

I feel like Jeffery Wygan in "The Insider" when he is in the hotel room, near suicidal, staring at the floor of the Brown and Williamson tobbaco company that houses the legal department, and he mutters into the phone, "That is where they [mess] with my life."

16. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Perhaps we should make our own:

"Open Cup Champions 2003

With No Help From USSF"

17. feuerfex

feuerfex Member

Apr 21, 2001
    This I like. :)

18. skinut

skinut Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2000
    Castle Pines, CO (or often elsewhere on earth)
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Me too. I did flip off Soccer House both coming and leaving the match last Friday. They're idiots.

19. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Word has it the Fed is moving to the Home Depot Center so you won't have to be taunted - or taunt them - by Soccer House much longer.

As for an Open Cup winners shirt, I'd buy one from afar just to be supportive. (Plus all my DCU championship shirts are getting a wee bit tattered and it doesn't look like a knew one will be getting printed anytime soon.)

20. IJS

IJS Member

Mar 28, 2000
    Naperville
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If this come true it would be good for Chicago. Currently their expense account used would only read:
    one taxi ride from Soccer House to new SF and back $10

rather than:
    one plane, nights in hotels with all meals paid $3000.

Chicago soccer crowds priceless !!!

21. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    No. Just US National team operations, and they mostly already have. the bulk of the fed will remain here for the foreseeable future.

22. The Truth Commission

Mar 29, 2000
    Parts Unknown
    We're still waiting on our cup winner T-shirts in Columbus. Maybe I'll buy a Chicago one, since I'll never get a 2002 winners shirt. Crew merchandise sucks. www.chicagofiregear.com is great, though. Wish we had the management/support like your club does.

23. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Now that I think about it, we might need printing on both sides in order to list all the accomplishments this season...

24. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd be down for a t-shirt and/or ballcap.

25. Old Man!

RIP Chicago Fire
    Mar 11, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

"We’ve got one more to go, and that’s the biggest one," Beasley said. "Nobody will remember who won the Eastern Conference or the Supporters Shield after this year if we don’t win MLS Cup."