Championship celebration

Discussion in 'NJ/NY Sky Blue' started by NJgerman, Aug 25, 2009.

1. NJgerman

NJgerman New Member

Jul 14, 2008
    NJ
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to Sky Blue's twitter page, the championship celebration will be tomorrow (8/26) at Charlie Brown's in Highland Park. The team and the trophy will also make an appearance tonight at Rutgers women's soccer's home game. I can't make it to the celebration tomorrow so I'm definitely going to go to Rutgers tonight. Anyone who goes to either of these events, post pictures/comments from the event!

2. mlsbeckham

mlsbeckham New Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Southern Utah
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Once again, congrads to the champs.......!:)

3. queen10nine

queen10nine New Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    I have been searching for the the 2009 WPS Champions T-shirt that sky blue team was wearing after there win. I'm hoping I find some help in here.

4. NJgerman

NJgerman New Member

Jul 14, 2008
    NJ
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll post some pics later if I get a chance, but I was there and I chatted with one of the staff members. He said the championship T-shirts will be available to buy on the team Web site in a few days/weeks (I forgot which one he said).

Also, I asked if there might be a double-header SBFC/Red Bulls game at Red Bull Arena next year. There was no definitive answer to that, but the staff member told me that there's a design flaw at RBA and part of the field gets too much shade and there is concern that because of that, the grass won't hold up well enough for a double-header. He also said that if Sky Blue DOES end up playing a game at RBA next year, it would likely be vs. L.A. because Marta is a big draw. We'll see what happens...

5. queen10nine

queen10nine New Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Thank you so much for the heads up.