Championship 2014 - 2015

Discussion in 'Leeds' started by Dyvel, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Dyvel

Dyvel Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    The dog end of a day gone by
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  2. Dyvel

Dyvel Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  3. Dyvel

Dyvel Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  4. Dyvel

Dyvel Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Forest should have won this by a margin of 3-1. Fortunately for LUFC both linesmen had a bad day at the office.

Nottingham Forest 1 - 1 LUFC

5. Dyvel

Dyvel Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  6. Dyvel

Dyvel Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  7. Dyvel

Dyvel Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    philly villain repped this.
  8. Dyvel

Dyvel Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  9. Dyvel

Dyvel Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  10. Dyvel

Dyvel Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  11. philly villain

Jun 20, 2008
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Dyvel repped this.
  12. Dyvel

Dyvel Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  13. Dyvel

Dyvel Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  14. philly villain

Jun 20, 2008
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    climbing the table and over the league leaders! top 6 is probably too much of an ask, but relegation issues are hopefully behind them for good!

Dyvel repped this.
  15. Dyvel

Dyvel Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    It does seem relegation fears have faded. As for a top 6 finish? Well...

16. philly villain

Jun 20, 2008
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    News
    MARCO MAKES TEAM OF THE WEEK
    Goalkeeper earns recognition for Boro display...
    Published 23 February 2015 at 05:00
    [​IMG]
    Marco Silvestri, middlesbrough
    Goalkeeper Marco Silvestri has been named in the Football League Team of the Week after playing a starring role in Saturday’s 1-0 win at Middlesbrough.
    Silvestri was in inspired form between the sticks, keeping the hosts at bay with a string of impressive saves, as Alex Mowatt’s third-minute effort was the difference at the Riverside.
    After the game, head coach Neil Redfearn was quick to heap praise on the Man of the Match 23-year-old, describing him as a “top class goalkeeper”.
    “His shot-stopping is unbelievable, it’s second to none," said Redfearn.
    “His game management has got better and he’s got more presence about him. He’s going to be a real asset for the club.”
    Silvestri added: "I was happy with my game. I kept a clean sheet, which was very good.
    "It was not only me – the defenders were very good and they saved three or four goals. "It was very difficult but I’m happy, we’re all happy.
    "After two or three saves I thought, ‘Okay, today I can stop them scoring!’. But, again, the defenders were very good and the team were very good – we played well.”

Dyvel repped this.
  17. philly villain

Jun 20, 2008
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Russell Crowe reportedly interested in buying English soccer club Leeds United
    BY Jaime Uribarri
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 3:20 PM
    [​IMG] Getty Images Actor Russell Crowe, who already owns a piece of an Australian rugby team, may expand to soccer by buying English club Leeds United.
    Russell Crowe may have found the role he was born to play.
    The Oscar-winning actor is reportedly interested in purchasing English soccer club Leeds United after receiving a tweet from a fan begging him to take over the floundering second division side.
    "Please buy leeds. In need of help!!"
    A lifelong United supporter, the New Zealand-born Crowe asked his more than 1.6 million Twitter followers if user @Samwild90 wasn't alone in wanting to see the star of blockbuster hits like "Gladiator" and "A Beautiful Mind" running the show at Leeds.
    @Samwild90: @russellcrowe please buy leeds. In need of help!!” Anybody else think this is a good idea?
    — Russell Crowe (@russellcrowe) February 25, 2015
    "Anybody else think this is a good idea?" he Tweeted early Wednesday, getting nearly unanimous positive feedback from hundreds of fellow Leeds die-hards.
    He then addressed fan club Leeds Fans LLP with a series of tweets stressing the need for “ a singular vision” for the team, which currently sits in 14th place in the Football League standings and whose owner is currently banned from running the organization following a 2014 tax evasion conviction.
    That owner, Italian businessman Massimo Celino, announced Tuesday that we would give up his stake in the team once his suspension ends in April in order to clear his name as an “independant citizen,” the Associated Press reported.
    [​IMG] Tim Keeton/Getty Images More than a decade removed from the Premier League, Leeds United fell as far down as the third tier of the English soccer pyramid before climbing back up to the second division (Football League).
    This is just the latest episode of a club that's become synonymous with financial mismanagement, to the point that the phrase "Doing a Leeds" was coined in the 2000s to describe a team facing severe economic hardship.
    With Celino’s departure imminent, Crowe, who is already co-owner of Australia National Rugby League team South Sydney Rabbitohs, could make an offer for Leeds in the coming days or weeks.
    Even with an estimated fortune of $75 million, Crowe wouldn’t be able to go it alone, according to Paul Keat, chairman of the Leeds United supporter's trust.
    [​IMG] HO/AP Russell Crowe played a hero in "Gladiator." Can he save the day again at Leeds United?
    "His net worth probably does not merit him buying it outright. But in football you need to have a good friend, so whether he buys it himself or uses the friendships he's got,” Keat told the BBC.
    "If he is serious, let him come forward.”

18. Dyvel

Dyvel Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic

That'd be nice. But a tad unrealistic.

And I've been remiss in my duties.

Brighton 2 - 0 LUFC

LUFC 2 - 3 Watford

Two losses in a row. For a moment there was a flicker of life. Thoughts of a promotion play-off spot seemed possible.

19. philly villain

Jun 20, 2008
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hey, considering were they were at around Christmas, avoiding the drop is an achievment in and of itself.

20. Dyvel

Dyvel Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I begin each season expecting promotion. I should wise up.

LUFC 2 - 1 Ipswich

21. Dyvel

Dyvel Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  22. philly villain

Jun 20, 2008
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    News
    SOL WANTS A STRONG FINISH
    Defender hoping for positive end to the season…
    Published 13 March 2015 at 11:00
    [​IMG]
    Sol Bamba
    Sol Bamba is hoping that United can keep up the recent run of results that has seen seven wins from 12 in the league in 2015 in order to build for next season.
    Sol has made nine appearances since his January loan move and has said that he is currently living the dream and hopes that it continues.
    “At the moment the mood is good,” said Sol. “When you have a result on your side it is always good. We want to finish strong so we can be ready for next season.
    “There is a great togetherness here with all the lads. Whether it is on the training pitch or a match we hate to get beat. That’s really good and I thought that we showed that last weekend against Wigan.
    “We want to keep going like that until the end of the season.
    “I don’t think my start here could have been much better. A lot depends on results and results have been good. Steve Thomson has helped me a lot as well as I know him from when I was at Leicester.
    “Honestly I’m living the dream at the minute so long may that continue.”
    The United defender has spoken of the importance of a strong finish with the 2014/15 season now having 10 games remaining.
    “We just want to win games,” added Bamba. “I don’t think any football player likes to lose games.
    “So we just want to win and do well for the club. This is a massive club and we can’t let it down.
    “It’s about winning games and being ready for next season. It doesn’t matter what happens and who stays or goes, it is important to finish strong and be in a good mindset for the start of next season.
    “You look back at the last 10 or 15 games to see what you have done and you want to continue in that dynamic.
    “It’s good to have the summer with your family and have a rest but then when you come back you are ready to go.”
    The on-loan Palermo man has suggested that a stay at Elland Road could be longer than the end of the season.
    “I really hope that I’m going to stay,” said the defender. “We are going to work really hard, me and the club, to find something.
    “I enjoy it here, the lads, the city and everything has been good. Hopefully we’ll sort something for me to stay.
    “I can’t say too much at the moment or look too far ahead because I’m contracted to Palermo for two years so it depends on them.
    “But the feeling I’ve got at the minute, and I’ve been speaking with people at the club, is that I don’t think they will make it difficult for me. Hopefully we’ll sort it out.
    “I’m 30 now and at this stage of my career I want to settle. This is a big club so if I can stay here for another two or three years it will be great.”
    Sol’s next outing for United is likely to be on Saturday (3pm) against Nottingham Forest, in what is set to be the biggest crowd Elland Road has seen all season.
    “The support is unbelievable,” stated Sol. “I’ve never known that before.
    “The crowd is the reason we have to get a result. When you have support like that you want to win for them.
    “We’ve got to do the job.
    “I think that it is going to be a great game and hopefully we’ll come up with a result. I’m looking forward to it.”

Dyvel repped this.
  23. Dyvel

Dyvel Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic