PBP: Champions League: Matchday 3: Chelsea v. Ajax

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Brock Hannsen, Oct 22, 2019.

1. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Barcelona were at their "peak" and they had just one shot on goal total in the entire game and that was in the 90th minute. We were robbed. We should have had at least 3 penalties. One of the most painful nights in football ever.

lobomojo repped this.
  2. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    lobomojo, Naughtius Maximus and yasik19 repped this.
  3. DutchFanatic

DutchFanatic Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Dec 23, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Mate.

I posted here in this thread prior to the game, during the game, and after the game. This is a football forum, we come here to discuss football matches with eachother. Is it really that weird that I am discussing an extremely controversial moment that overall was the second most eventful moment of the game (after the 86th minute goal)? But fine, i'll remember your nonchalance and arrogance about it next time a similar event happens to Chelsea.

Exactly this. We just don't know for certain. Based on the information and footage we have now, it looks to have been a legitimate goal. Until this is clearly proven as incorrect by UEFA, it is a debatable point.

In typical fashion UEFA released a statement today saying the decision was correct and that the video footage sent to the broadcasters was the wrong footage and not what the decision was based on. However, they did not bring out the video or image that WAS used by the VAR to prove their statements.

If this is the truth, why wouldn't they just bring out the proof? That would squash all arguments. At this moment it is just Trump level facts, blind statements without any evidence to back it up.

I'm not here arguing that Ajax was 100% without a doubt definitely robbed, or that it was in any way on purpose, but there clearly seems to be a case that a bad decision was made and UEFA is doing nothing to provide clarity about this moment. UEFA and VAR need to be transparent about their decisions. This time it (possibly) fell in the favor of Chelsea, but maybe next time it's Chelsea who gets ********ed over. Don't you guys want transparency? Arguments about "yeah but we have been ********ed in the past too" are useless. Every team has had back calls in the past. Isn't the point of VAR to create a more fair game?

All i'm arguing for is transparency and proof. It obviously wont change anything for this game but it could go a long way to preventing similar errors in the future.

4. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Buddy.

5. DutchFanatic

DutchFanatic Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Dec 23, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'm not your buddy, guy.

Rman3349, appwrangler and Ninjatend0 repped this.
  6. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Yeah, buddy, because I’m not interested in conspiracy theories.

7. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    So, you're saying that UEFA may have made a mistake and doesn't want to admit it.

Well.... OK, I suppose.

lobomojo repped this.
  8. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’m not your guy, Pal.

appwrangler and DutchFanatic repped this.
  9. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    I'm not your pal, fella.

Dr_Intoxicated and DutchFanatic repped this.
  10. DutchFanatic

DutchFanatic Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Dec 23, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'm saying they should provide transparency. Making a blank statement without any proof to back it up is straight out of Trump's playbook. Until i'm proven otherwise, yes, based on the footage we currently have and the analysis of many different sources I think they made a mistake and don't want to admit it. Why wouldn't they post the video footage that the ref used to prove it was a correct decision?

We can only work with the evidence we have, and the evidence we have says it was a mistake. If UEFA apparently has different evidence which would prove it wasn't, they should show that. Why even make a statement without posting the proof?

Totally missed it bro, straight over your head.

You boys are heroes.

Blueallthru repped this.
  11. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    This is really starting to sound like sour grapes!