Champions League, Group Stage (R)

Discussion in 'Olympique de Marseille' started by MetroChile, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Since you're not an OM fan, it's easier to understand ;) . Great work-rate, some important goals, a guy that makes sacrifices for the team. Fouls, offsides and chances missed, but we owe him a lot and he continues to help us.

2. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    I don't know about that, cause Inzaghi's first goal he was offsides, but it wasn't called. A lil' injustice, as we all have witness in the Champion's League. :eek:

3. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    I am shocked on how quiet it is here. Huge match @ San Siro. Dodgers, Yankees??? Where is everyone???:confused:

4. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    By far, this is one of the best halves I've seen us play all season. The only "weak spot" is Heinze (who got burned on the goal), as usual.

5. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Also, you can put blame on Taiwo, because he left Heinze by himself. Then again, I don't know if Pato was on that side or not. Pato's mere presence can affect a defense. Still a very winnable match for L'OM

6. N. Platini

N. Platini Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Londres
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Taiwo is overrated . His lack of positional sense gets exposed in the Champions League every time .

Very good performance from you guys so far , OM ultras making loads of noise in the stadium .

7. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Brandao is the goat. OM deserved the win.

8. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    True, and in all fairness to Heinze (...), I think someone lost the ball as l'OM were going forward which caught the defense on the backfoot.

I think today was one of our better performances overall this season, bar some sub-par individual efforts from Cheyrou (well below his usual high standard), Brandao and Heinze's 1st half (his 2nd was much better). Abriel and Cisse were particulay impressive today.

I wouldn't call him "overrated" exactly: he's just good going forward but awful playing defense.

Thanks and we should've taken the 3 points today. Apart from the 1st '20 on the 2nd half, it was an overall very solid performance.

9. N. Platini

N. Platini Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Londres
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Alot of huge clubs being are/were intrested in Taiwo , that's why I said he's overrated ;)

And yeah OM really should've won this game , was a solid performance and dominated Milan 2nd half . Shame that the loss at home to Milan looks like it's going to cost you a place in the next stages . That was a game you should've won aswell .

10. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Brandao really sucks this player is crap rubbish Fernando Morientes should have started for l'om

11. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    I have to agree. A lot of patience has been shown to Brandão. He is not up to snuff. L'OM needs someone like a Ruud van Nistelrooy. Maybe they can get him next season. Hell, I would even try Jozy Altidore:eek:

12. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    I always said that Brandão doesn't have conditions to play at a higher level.

He can be a nice bench,nothing more. We are nearly out after he lost that chance...a victory here and we could even draw with RM.

13. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    fixed your post ;)

14. zizouForlife

zizouForlife Member

Jun 3, 2008
    we need player with scoring instict

15. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    heinze was jinked out of his skin but indeed it was all because of a horrible backpass by niang that caught everyone out.

he left pato loads of room, never marking him close enough, that's why milan could go to him so easily. but i don't get this patomania, he seems distinctly average to me, and two plays pointed it out last night: 1) heinze covering for taiwo took him off the ball not with his shoulder, or his elbow but with his reputation. pato pussied out on that ball like i've never even seen a poussine do. 2) he accelerated past taiwo on a very nice through ball, but before he could push it twice taiwo had the ball back. he has a good first step but his vitesse de point is laughable... maybe milan picked up ronnie to make pato seem fast.

niang must still be wondering how good a cross he needs to make for brandao to hit it square.

actually heinze was good throughout except for that one time he got hung out to dry. in the second half he ruled the field all the way up to the halfline and beyond. cheyrou blew; why couldn't he have missed that shot against OL and hit it against milan instead? cissé was indeed very good: print out this post and tuck it away because you may never catch me saying that again. ben arfa also got a couple of good things in, and how webb didn't see his jersey being pulled will be one of nature's unsolved mysteries.

i hate brandao too, but you're going overboard here.

16. zizouForlife

zizouForlife Member

Jun 3, 2008
    this missed opportunity is going to bite us later

17. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Didier Deschamps must have read your post. Morientes is starting vs. Racing Lens. :rolleyes:

18. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I heard he did nothing vs. Lens either. Brandao on his worst day is still better than what Morientes is now. Brandao vs. Djibril Cisse ? Hmmm I think Id rather have Brandao actually.

19. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    plague? cholera? typhus? decisions, decisions!

20. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    I love haters. Djibril Cissé is the top scorer of the Greek League and Brandao is often useful, don't be so narrow minded.

What if it was Taiwo that had a great "vitesse de pointe" ? On 1vs1 he is unbeatable. His lack of positional exists but it didn't bother since he always dominated Pato in 1vs1.

21. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Kaka wont be playing on Wednesday. Probably a lot of regulars wont be playing but granted their roster is so deep. Probably a good chance for 3pts since its at home and RM have already clinched so they wont care.

22. N. Platini

N. Platini Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Londres
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Wow , as things stand OM will qualify to the next round . Zurich is winning against Milan !

23. Pyros

Pyros Member

Sep 6, 2009
    La Coruña
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    No, they need to win this match to go through, a draw is not enough, even if Milan loses.

24. N. Platini

N. Platini Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Londres
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Actually you're right , I forgot Milan has the advantage in the head-to-head .

25. N. Platini

N. Platini Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Londres
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Marseille again fail to expectations . Milan isn't a better team than Marseille yet they're going through to the next round and you guys end up in the Europa League .

That home loss to Milan and Brandao's shocking miss at the San Siro has cost you a place in the next round .