Champions' League group D 2011/12 [R]

Discussion in 'Olympique Lyonnais' started by guignol, Sep 14, 2011.

1. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    after the first 30' i was thinking, "damn rémy garde for not believing (dabo, fofana, lacazette)" but what to say now? quel délire!

2. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
  3. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Matt Spiro is tweeting about how he thinks the results are "fishy". Says that the a few of the goals were offside and that the second yellow on Leko was harsh. He tweeted some other stuff as well about the Ajax game.

4. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well, who knows...;)

Anyway, what a sensational second half from Olympique! :eek: Chapeau!

5. Quackmore

Quackmore Member

Jun 5, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Well done Lyon ;)

[​IMG]

6. Gedonder

Gedonder Guest

I really want to congratulate you guys, but I'm sorry. This smells corruption in every shape or form. I'm not a sore loser, but actions speak louder than words.

7. KellanF

KellanF Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Midwestern US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    it's a sad day for football when if something unusual happens, everyone automatically cries match fixing. Dinamo were down a man. They had absolutely nothing to play for. Not to mention Lyon are just by far a better team. I don't buy for one second that Ajax deserved to go through more than Lyon. Show me one reason why that would be.

Look at the situation. Lyon needed to cover...seven goals (was it +4 and -3 GD)? And you think the refs made it all happen?!?!?! Give me a break. And at the same time, the linesman in the Real match is getting text messages from his mafia buddies telling him he's gotta disallow any Ajax goals because Lyon are really putting up a fight? GIVE ME A BREAK.

8. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    No, no, no Kellan, he's right. I have a sneaking suspicion that Guignol fixed this match :D. After all he's the only one I know who had any faith we could pull this off. What a game eh! Gomis was dynamite, his strikes were surgical with their precision. I can't beleive it! I can't even count how many times the announcers on Foot+ were saying it's a miracle! Allez L'OL!!!

9. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
  10. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    [​IMG]
    "what happen i missed the game i was on the phone with holland "

11. KellanF

KellanF Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Midwestern US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    The main evidence I have seen for match fixing is that

A) A player winked.
    B) Lyon didn't celebrate.

12. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    People love to hate Platini, it's insane the vitriol thrown at this guy sometimes.

13. KellanF

KellanF Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Midwestern US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    The more I think about the situation, the more worried I become. The same defender that winked at Bafe was also seen coming out of a booking place...Not that the wink implies anything AT ALL, but still.

It just seems like such a stupid risk to take. Pay for a spot in the Champions League this year, but if you're caught you're ejected from Ligue 1 and probably banned (forever?) from the CL? Plus how on earth could you possibly make sure you got the outcome you wanted? Lyon needed to cover 7 goals.

14. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    That's what stikes me as the most impausible. 7 goal fix? That's ridiculous. I can understand somewhat if they just needed to win but 7 goals?? That would the stupidest fix in history. And even if we were to say that Dinamo laid down for some kind of payout, whose to say that OL had anything to do with it??

15. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    oh come on. Are you really believing this wink crap? booking place, right after the game? i saw that photo, that could have been taken 3 years ago for all we know. and the wink to Gomis, right after Lisandro scored?

isnt it more likely that he was being obnoxious since Gomis was nagging him to get the ball back quickly out of the back of the net. and then Leko instead gives the ball to Lisandro as if to say "sure sure, you can have the ball" *wink*

i love conspiracy theorists because they are so creative in their thinking process. but yes, since Platini has been at UEFA almost every time a French team wins a game its automatically because of Platini.

16. KellanF

KellanF Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Midwestern US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    yeah the bookie photos came from 2010, actually.

and no, I don't buy the wink thing. If you are convinced that something occurred, you will find the tiniest most inconsequential detail and blow it up and sensationalize it to fit your argument. It happens with every conspiracy theory.

Dinamo were down to 10 men, and obviously they have problems with their defense. That's what I'm putting this whole thing down as. Everyone's minds automatically jump to corruption. But in my mind there were just way too many variables for it to be possible to have been fixed.

17. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're forgetting the main evidence: 7 goals in 30 minutes.

Scoring like that just doesn't happen in top competition unless one team is throwing the game.

18. KellanF

KellanF Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Midwestern US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Maybe if it was Lyon versus a top competition quality team.

Dinamo were down a man. They had nothing to play for. To top it all of, they just aren't very good at a CL level.

Not that I'm saying it's normal to score 7 goals in any circumstance. It isn't. Ajax being subjected to bad (bad does not imply corrupt) reffing, and Lyon scoring 7, does not have to mean a fix.

19. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    top competition?? Are we talking about the same club that lost all 6 of their matches in the group stages??

20. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has a team EVER scored 7 goals in 30 minutes in a Champions League match?

I seriously doubt it.

Hell, I'd be surprised if ANY European team has scored 7 goals in 30 minutes in a first division match in the last 50 years.

I don't think Lyon had anything at all to do with the match fixing -- they just took advantage of the Croatians being bought off buy crooks (most likely an Asian gambling syndicate).

21. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    I'd be surprised = you don't know.

ANY European team has scored 7 goals in 30 minutes = it's supposed to be an evidence ?

22. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    the results seem fishy? i can understand. but if anything about leko's yellows is suspicious it's not the referee's decision to book but jerko's stupidity in fouling in a way that gives the ref no choice. leko going off before the half-hour comes to no real surprise to those who watched his play for years here in L1.

a couple of our goals were very poorly defended against but there was no offsides involved (perhaps a confusion with the ajax match?) and the most controversial calls in zagreb (lacazette being whistled down while heading straight to a keeperless goal, and a missed péno) went against OL.

i'm dismayed to see someone whom i generally respect publicly jumping to such uncharitable conclusions.

well then, do... no, i guess you really didn't want to after all.

ahh, sure you are. no biggie, i am too! just think of it this way: if you guys hadn't bought off the ref to deny us a stone cold penalty last match this would all be academic.

i follow your logic, and i have to say the same thing crossed my mind, but
    for me there are too many holes in the story. i hope you're wrong, not because i fear for our qualification, but because this is a moment in our club's history it would be a shame to see tarnished.

now, everyone listen closely: there's an ajax board, and a neutral thread, where all conspiracy theories are open to discussion. here they will no longer be. have i made myself clear?

23. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    That's just it. And what has he done to deserve it? Just because he's French? Hating Sep Blatter I can understand, but almost from day one people have been piling on so much venom against Platini, and I think the UK media has a lot to do with it.

24. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    and now, just one word...

nicosia.

25. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I'm surprised there's so much outrage considering the team that got "screwed" isnt a big player in the world of football. If it was popular EPL or Serie A team that got screwed I can only imagine how even worse it would be.