Champions League Final 2007 [R]

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by Ultravolta, May 2, 2007.

1. Ultravolta

Ultravolta New Member

Feb 8, 2007
    Dancefloor
    AC Milan are through to their tenth European Champion Clubs' Cup final after overturning a first-leg deficit against Manchester United FC with a memorable 3-0 win in the UEFA Champions League semi-final at San Siro.

When Liverpool FC plays AC Milan on 23 May in Athens it will be the fifth time that two clubs have faced each other in more than one European Champion Clubs' Cup final.

Liverpool, who eliminated Chelsea FC on penalties on Tuesday, 24 hours before Milan brushed aside Manchester United FC in their semi-final, were the winners when the teams met in Istanbul in 2005. On what was an unforgettable night for the Reds, they overturned a 3-0 half-time deficit and eventually triumphed on penalties to lift the European Cup for the fifth time. Should they also prevail at the Olympic Stadium in three weeks' time, the Anfield side would join the Rossoneri on six successes.

©uefa.com 1998-2007. All rights reserved.

2. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Re: Champions League Final 2007 : Liverpool Vs. Milan

There should be an [R] in the title. It should not say Liverpool vs Milan. I usually recorded the match and watch it later. Normally, the tape will still be in my tape recorder at this time of the day, but luckily today, I watched the match live at 4 am local time.

3. ztnjv

ztnjv Member

Apr 22, 2007
    PA

Ya know, I don't see why there has to be such concern over spoiling the result for people. You don't see this with other sports. MLB, NFL, NBA and NHL don't seem to have this sensitivity. If I miss the Eagles (NFL) game, I don't expect everything to be hush so I can watch it without knowing the score. The game is over. If someone doesn't want a spoiler, he shouldn't be visiting websites. I mean I couldn't believe ESPN stopped showing updates for live CL matches it wasn't showing. You'd think people would want to know when something happens ASAP. Just my opinion. I know I would.

Could you imagine watching NFL football without updates from other games? :confused:

4. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid

The big [R] is part of Bigsoccer for many, many years. It is actually a rule here. Having said that, I just noticed that all big warning messages are gone.

5. FNU

FNU BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

But if the [R] is in this topic title, won't you see who's in the final anyways?

6. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid

I am not a mod. I do not want to control this thread. the correct way is to post: "Champions League Final 2007 [R]"

7. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan

You're 100% correct - thread title changed

8. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Liverpool if there is any justice, as we see there is none in Italy. AC Milan should not even be there based upon the match fixing scandal.

9. Qindarka

Qindarka Member

Nov 24, 2006
    Malaysia
    Prediction : AC Milan 1-0 Liverpool
    Kaka with the winner.

10. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Given both team's feeble attack and solid defences, I'm tempted to predict 0-0. But with all the pressure of a CL final, there are bound to be a couple of mistakes made at the back. So I'll predict 1-1, Liverpool to win in penalties.

11. Ultravolta

Ultravolta New Member

Feb 8, 2007
    Dancefloor
    Pardon me! I apologize for posting it wrong! It's the first time I open a game related threat here and I didn't know the [R]/[ETC]-policies exactly. Sorry if I spoiled anyone's Champions League experience!

12. balla

balla Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Melbourne,Australia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Milan 2-0 Liverpool

Kaka 15' and 64'

13. JogaWestHam

JogaWestHam Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Columbus, OH
    Both have feeble attacks?! Did you even watch Milan's match yesterday? In their last 4 champions league matches, Milan has scored 9 goals-- roughly 2 per game. They've even started picking up the pace in Serie A. It's Liverpool that has problems scoring. I predict Milan to take the final 2-0 or 2-1.

14. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    :rolleyes:

Did you bother to check the defences they played against in those 4 matches? And you conveniently ignore the Celtic games too.
    Milan's strikers are Inzaghi and Gilardino. Both are next to useless!

Although Kaka' might be the best attacking player in the world, Liverpool have enough solid defenders and defensive-minded midfielders to stop one guy.

15. Ultravolta

Ultravolta New Member

Feb 8, 2007
    Dancefloor
    Champions League Final 2005 [R]

Of course Kaka and his AC Milan are top favorites in this final. But then again… they also were in 2005!

Cheah! That Champions League Final 2005 was one of my best ever soccer experiences!!! I watched the game in the pizzeria Di Matteo in Naples, and everyone was going berserk there! Not that they were holding any allegiance to their Italian fellows – on the contrary, they all partied like hell when Liverpool came back so sly and turned an allegedly loss into a victory (with an unforgettable dancing Dudek) and snatched away the trophy. Damn, that was such a crazy night!!!

[​IMG]

16. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru

That's cause there is a thing called NFL Sunday Ticket on DirecTV. There isn't a Champions League all games, total coverage kind-of package.

Oh yeah, my choice is Milan to take it. They will certainly look keen to seek revenge from 2005 and Kaka is on superb form.

17. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY

And there arent too many big NFL games played at 2:45 ET on a Wednesday afternoon when so many people are at work in North America.

18. Sothis

Sothis Member

Liverpool
    England
    Mar 18, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I want very much to believe that Liverpool can do it again. I didn't believe we stood a chance two years ago, I didn't dare let myself imagine the possibility we could win it, but we did, in a fashion that will not be seen again for a long, long time.

That said, I still don't dare let myself believe lightening can strike twice. AC Milan made Man Utd look ordinary last night and that's no easy task, though Utd helped them out by playing utter rubbish. Liverpool will offer a more physical contest and everyone knows that you cannot write off the Reds. Milan know that better than most. It will be a fascinating final.

19. JogaWestHam

JogaWestHam Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Columbus, OH
    Fair enough about the respective defenses, but saying Milan's attack is nothing but Kaka sounds pretty juvenile. I'd reckon to say that Seedorf had just as much of an impact in that 2nd leg as Kaka did. If Liverpool tries that awful long-ball approach as they did against Chelsea, mark my words, they WILL be beaten.
    And as for the Celtic matches, they were over about two months ago. That's an eternity in soccer. You're trying to tell me that the same Milan side that brushed aside Man Utd 3-0 would still have problems scoring against Celtic?

20. Iaquinta

Iaquinta Member

Jan 8, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Milan’s current form is much better than Liverpools. Gilardino has been slightly out of form all season but that goal he got against Manchester will boost his confidence and bring him back to his best. Milan will shut down the cross the ball to Crouchie tactic with ease.

21. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Although he's a skinny, flimsy little prick who is nearing the wrong end of 34; Inazghi is one of the greatest all time scorers in Europe ever.

I'll take a 40 year old Pippo to score in a Champions League final over Kuty 7 days a week and twice on Sunday.

22. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    :rolleyes: Seriously, this comment does not even merit a reply.

23. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The goal was more from the guy who passed him the ball than Gilardino.

I knew what happened in 2005 which probably made AC Milan stronger this time around.

24. FNU

FNU BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy