Champions league and Europa league thread (General)

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by wilson00, Apr 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    PSV actually did quite well in the first half. Should/could have up by two goals before the break, Zahavi was denied his second on a close range (bad effort on goal honestly). PAOK was unorganized and rather clueless. Ihattaren probably had one of his better performances this season up until that point. Rosario was replaced at the start of the second half.

And then the whole thing fell apart in the span of 20 minutes. Suspicious defending on a set piece, Thomas made a fool of himself, and then got caught on a counter. Boom, three goals in quick succession! Mo was replaced (questionable decision IMHO). I lost interest in the game and switched off. When I looked at the final score, looks like another goal was conceded. Ugh. Frustrating. PSV never do good in European match for whatever reason.

2. Well, the Feyenoord victory bought us the points needed for the 8th spot in the UEFA coefficiency ranking.
    We lept over Belgium, which had a terrible round.
    Between brackets the points gathered this season and the number of clubs still in action.
    Huidige stand coëfficiëntenranglijst
    7. Rusland 37.549 (3.500) (4/6)
    8. NEDERLAND 34.600 (4.600) (4/5)
    9. België 34.300 (3.800) (4/5)
    10. Oostenrijk 33.425 (4.300) (4/5)
    11. Schotland 30.375 (5.500) (2/4)
    12. Oekraïne 29.900 (3.600) (3/5)

(Behaalde punten dit seizoen en nog actieve deelnemers per land)

3. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Luuk starts today

4. Hateboer takes Liverpool apart with an assist and Robin Gosens scores a goal too.
    Not good news for Ajax as Liverpool will be back close on full strength again against them with corona free players.

5. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Feyenoord again very unlucky against CSKA Moscow... rather soft double yellow that. By the Estonian referee.

6. gabrielguilarte

Feb 23, 2016
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Watching AZ vs Real Sociedad. Wijndal very good, Stengs too and Koop amazing. I must say Koop is miles ahead of Klassen in attack and defense. Hopefully we will see Koop and Frenkie together soon.

7. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Good work by the Dutch clubs in EL today. Maybe we'll get lucky and all 3 advance

8. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Gutsy performance by PSV. Only watched the first half... they were pretty good after conceding two early goals. Showed courage and determination. Gakpo stood out for me. Didn’t see much of Malen (though he hit the winner in the second half!). I didn’t really understand Zahavi... painfully slow and too lightweight in my liking. Madueke was also frustrating to watch at times, sloppy and greedy (tried to do too much). I noticed that Ihattaren was not with the team (injured again?)

9. Indeed. Zahavi in PSV puzzles me. He's just out of his league in this team.

Schmidt explained Ihattaren was rested as they underestimated how he was drained of energy coming back from international duty. At Fox Sport they immediately started to speculate about something going on:rolleyes:

10. Feestmuts mag op: Nederland beleeft sublieme coëfficiëntenweek

Het begint langzamerhand een goednieuwsshow te worden dit seizoen, de avonturen van Nederlandse clubs over de grenzen. Ook deze week kon de coëfficiëntenpolonaise worden hervat. De voorsprong op de achtervolgers werd geconsolideerd, terwijl het Rusland opnieuw iets scherper in het vizier kreeg.

Jeffrey van der Maten 27-11-20, 07:00

Huidige coëfficiëntenstand
    7. Rusland - 37,881
    8. NEDERLAND - 35,800
    9. België - 35,100
    10. Oostenrijk - 33,825

The Russians had a 10 point advantage at the start of last season, so in less than 1.3 season we're only 1.119 behind now.

11. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Excellent news. But of course as soon as PSV, Feyenoord and AZ sell their best players we are back to square one again

12. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Does Feyenoord even have any players that other clubs really want?:eek:

AZ really needed a win last night and now have to get a result against Napoli to assure moving on. PSV need some wins as well. If Feyenoord can beat Dinamo Zagreb at home they go through. Let's have these teams all win out!!!

DutchFanatic repped this.
  13. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Lol :laugh: Ihattaren was not even on the international duty. I also read that Schmidt blamed the last league game (v. Twente) for the fatigue but Mo only played 20+ minutes. I am no conspiracy theorist, but something surely smells fishy here. Expect rumor of Ihattaren making a switch to Ajax intensifies (he was asked about it recently, and he was cozy :whistling:)

14. I think we would have passed Russia already if the refs didnot screwe Feyenoord with red cards twice, making us draw those matches. Especially the match against Moscow was essential as it would have given us all points in the coeff. race against Russia.

15. Looking at the matches I think the AZ match quality wise was the best, while the PSV match was a bit muddle, messy. I don't like their weird 4-2-2-2 line up.
    Feyenoord proved again to be very hard to beat.

16. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Must win matches for all three Dutch clubs in the Europa League today if they hope to advance to the knock out rounds. Don't rely on Ajax alone to keep picking up coefficient points as it's no guarantee that they will advance in the CL.

17. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Feyenoord again screwed by a very debatable penalty... Against Zagreb.

Was also offside

18. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I just tuned in and so the highlight of this. This was a poor decision and would have been overturned by VAR.

19. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Good thing there were no supporters in the stands today for Feyenoord. They would not be happy with how they played. Why even put on the shirt when you going to give such a poor performance. Not good at all.

20. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Just got back home in time for the 2 remaining EL games.

Feyenooit will always be Feyenooit I guess :ROFLMAO:

21. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Looks like PSV will have to carry the torch.

Nice finish Malen

22. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    #822 Brilliant Dutch, Dec 3, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
    Unreal, PSV are through and 2 teams are still alive.

Feyenoord are on life support though

23. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Koopmeiners penalty was good, but the save was even better

24. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    If AZ and Feyenoord both win next week they go through!!!

25. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Watched the second half of PSV game... they were pretty comfortable. Gotze was slick, I also liked Gakpo who is growing his game a lot lately. Dumfries could have doubled the lead (excellent save by the opposing GK). Granada were bunch of whiners and cheaters, they went down as if hit by a sniper at the slightest of touch in PSV penalty box. Referee had none of that :sneaky: Only concern is Dumfries taken off on a stretcher. Didn’t look good. Zahavi also had to be subbed out due to hamstring issues.

Brilliant Dutch and gabrielguilarte repped this.