Champions league and Europa league thread (General)

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by wilson00, Apr 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Looking at the way Ajax plays we are screwed when they become champions and get into the CL. They arenot even EL material. Oh dear.

2. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It is our hope that there will be a new manager after this June when FdB moves on to Everton!!!:laugh:

3. He takes these players with him?

4. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Just Klaassen and Bazoer, clearing space for van de Beek & Nouri who are far superior players!

5. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Sinkgraven
    Sinkgraven?????? This guy needs to keep playing or if not loan him back to Heerenveen for the sake of NT.

6. Antario2

Antario2 Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    I'm not sure whether Utrecht or Feyenoord should win the KNVB beker from the league's perspective. Winner goes straight to the group stages EL. Feyenoord has the better chances of surviving the qualifiers but even that is no guarantee.

7. If Feyenoord ends as 3d, they go straight into the group stages as far as I know. So for Utrecht it is vital to win the cup, for AZ the win must be for Feyenoord.

8. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    ok so Feyenoord will qualify directly to the group stages of Europa league and if they also finish 3rd. who will be the second team. Utrecht as the losing finalist or the team that finishes 4th.

9. This!

10. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^which means it could come down to the final match day when AZ and Utrecht play each other. They are pretty close in GD.​

11. Antario2

Antario2 Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Ideally AZ takes fourth as they have the best chance to progress to the group stages based on coefficient and past performance. I'm not keen on the play offs, it rarely helps the team with the better season. The league really needs a good year in Europe.

12. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    fifth conservative scudetto and direct qualification for Juventus. kind of astonishing as there only picked 5 points from first six games and yet they came out all guns blazing in the home straight . talk about inter, Roma, Napoli and Milan also spending big , still couldnt take advantage of the old lady's poor start

13. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^^^ I think you mean consecutive.

I didnt realize it was their 5th in a row. That's pretty impressive

14. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^Impressive but the rest of the Italian league is really bad. Milan will likely not even qualify for the Europa League next season. Many of the stadiums are old in in bad shape. The league is in need of lots of money but there isn't any to be found other than at Juve.

15. Sybe Pals

Sybe Pals Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Comox, BC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Not to mention those old run down stadiums are half empty, it's as if Italians do not like Italian football either hah

16. What they should do is pay their "stars" less and invest it in better stadiums. We did it in the Eredivisie and the number of spectators jumped. Quality of soccer went the other way, but that didnot matter.

17. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The matches are fun to watch in the Eredivise.

18. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I think Juventus did smart buying rather than jus buying if you compare it to milan,inter andRoma. If you look at the deptures last season.Pirlo,Vidal,Coman,Llorente and many predicted they would struggle especially with the depature of Trevez who was their top scorer last season.I think the key issue here was to replace the out going players with players who had similar qualities and at the same time keeping the 3-5-2 formation at the back of the mind which was inherited from Conte

With Dybala,Zaza,Khedira,Cuadrado,Mandzukic,Hernanes coming in,boy they did fill the vaccum left by some key outgoing players. The options upfront was the key leading to their trumiph as no matter which pair they used upfront,all were clincal in front of goal and they scored when it mattered the most.

I had high hopes for Inter when Mancini came in but when they bought Filipe Melo and Ivan Perisic,I knew they will find it hard keeping pace with other top guns.
    They really need to sort out their fullbacks and I jus don't know what Gary Medel is doing at Inter.

Milan - bad Management.

Roma- late surge but maybe to late again,maybe next season could give Juventus a run for their money.

19. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Looks like Real Madrid has put one foot in the SF. But one thing for sure without Ronaldo,RM are useless.

20. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Still no Robben :(

21. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Gotta love Athlei for their defense and discipline. Too bad Torres didn't get the second goal to bury Bayern!

22. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Robben is injured & this team is way dependent on him. Athletic are a better version of Chelsea's Park the bus run, they just defend & defend with their team & somehow seem to keep winning with that - They do other stuff good too -Counters & set-pieces n pressing n stuff!

23. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I told you so but I think 1-0 is kind of not safe yet for atletico yet especially when the return leg will be at allianz Arena

24. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    What a wonderful semifinal. Athleti defended stoutly and Oblak must be one of the best keepers in the world with all the saves he made. Muller and Torres looked like they took too many PK lessons from Dutch players!:eek:

25. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    OMG!!!! Just saw the replay.

Griezball is offside. Goal should not count