Champion's League 3rd qualifying round

Discussion in 'Czech Republic' started by RSL Donk, Aug 11, 2007.

1. RSL Donk

RSL Donk BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 24, 2006
    Utah
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Sparta plays Arsenal who have lost Thiery Henry but will still be dangerous with Czech international Tomas Rosicky.

Slavia, having got past Zilina of Slovakia drew Ajax. Should be interesting to see what comes out of this year's CL.

2. PimFortuynsGhost

May 15, 2006
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I'm going to be in Prague on Aug. 29, hoping to get tickets to the Slavia/Ajax match. Not a big fan of Strahov (I prefer Eden), but hopefully I'll be able to get a couple for my wife and I.

Any ideas whether this will be possible?

3. RSL Donk

Aug 24, 2006
    Utah
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Should not be a problem. If they are playing at Strahov, there are like 250,000 seats. Even at Eden I doubt you would have a problem.

4. CCinGermany

CCinGermany Member

May 3, 2006
    Chicagoland
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's hoping Slavia can pull off a big upset and make their proper CL debut.

5. PimFortuynsGhost

May 15, 2006
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I think Rosickeho (Strahov) holds like 19,500--actually. I'm not sure if Slavia have filled it since 96 when they played Bayern, if they even did so then. No matter, I'll see what I can do. The last time I was there was the Slavia/Dukla cup final in 97, and it was probably half full, if that.

Here's hoping Sparta and Slavia both go through.

6. RSL Donk

Aug 24, 2006
    Utah
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Rosickeho isn't the same as Strahov. Rosickeho holds about 19,000 but it's not even in the same part of town as Strahov. I know that when they were playing the Sparta Slavia Derby at Strahov they came close to filling it, but that was a good 10 years ago as well. I actually was at that cup final as well, it was one of the first football matches I ever had the chance of seeing in the Czech Republic.

7. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    Congrats to Slavia!

8. RSL Donk

Aug 24, 2006
    Utah
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    And nice to see Adu come in for Benefica. Hopefully there he will get what RSL and MLS couldn't give him.

9. CCinGermany

CCinGermany Member

May 3, 2006
    Chicagoland
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What a night for Slavia! Vyborny! Now just take care of business on home soil.