Champions League 2024 Final lottery started

Discussion in 'Champions League' started by gomelkiev, Apr 9, 2024.

1. brasileiragem

brasileiragem Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    May 21, 2018
    UEFA hasn't disclosed how many applications there were - but it's likely there was a ridiculous number of applications considering the bots from ticket resellers.

If you win the lottery, they will likely assign the folks who chose 'fans of Dortmund/Real Madrid' to areas close to the respective fans. If you chose 'Arsenal, Bayern, PSG, Barcelona, City, Other, etc'... you will likely being randomly allocated anywhere in the stadium (ps: UEFA asks which club you support when you are applying to their lottery).

2. Ostepopmannen

Ostepopmannen Member

Arsenal
    Norway
    Feb 6, 2024
    Trondheim
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Talked to a Liverpool fan who won the lottery in 2022 and he was not actually placed with the Liverpool fans. Apparently, both teams have all the tickets to their sections. Guess all the lottery tickets are on the long sides then?

3. Ostepopmannen

Ostepopmannen Member

Arsenal
    Norway
    Feb 6, 2024
    Trondheim
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Seats does now appear if you do the source trick.

4. gomelkiev

gomelkiev Member

May 11, 2007
    #54 gomelkiev, May 14, 2024
    Last edited: May 14, 2024
  5. Ajja216

Ajja216 Member

Saudi Arabia
    Jun 4, 2022
    Ouch ! FIFA and UEFA are unpredictable and sneaky. The only thing that I believe the US sports have better than football is the ticket categorization. Not only 3 or 4 cat’s, but rather more like 10 or 11 (upper side is different than lower side which is different then behind goals, etc.) and each has it’s own price. At least you know what you pay for.

Btw, is 217 Real Madrid or BVB fans?

6. Ostepopmannen

Ostepopmannen Member

Arsenal
    Norway
    Feb 6, 2024
    Trondheim
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    I have cat 3 and got block 521. Weird if Cat 1 is just below me.

7. Ajja216

Ajja216 Member

Saudi Arabia
    Jun 4, 2022
    Real Madrid have 24,610 tickets (allocated by UEFA) for the UCL final in London, distributed as following:

- 18,982 tickets for the Socios of the draw.

- 200 tickets for the 100 oldest Socios of the club.

- 222 tickets for the Socios with reduced mobility.

- 1,000 tickets for national and international Peñas.

- 972 tickets for the first team members (players, coaches, doctors, etc.).

- 192 tickets for the Board of Directors (12 per director).

- 200 tickets for veteran football and basketball players.

- 400 tickets for the Football Department (quarry, coaches and technicians).

- 150 tickets for the Basketball section.

- 150 tickets for the women's football team.

- 100 tickets for General Management.

- 592 tickets for club sponsors and sponsors.

- 200 tickets for the VIP Area.

- 900 tickets for club employees.

- 100 tickets for the Real Madrid Foundation.

- 250 tickets for Protocol and Institutional Relations.

Flowah repped this.
  8. Ajja216

Ajja216 Member

Saudi Arabia
    Jun 4, 2022
    2024 CL Final Real Madrid ticket draw details:

• Number of requests: 19,079

• Number of tickets requested: 62,708

• Tickets available: 18,982

It’s only for club members.

9. Flowah

Flowah Member

Jan 29, 2024
    Why would people sell it to you 'cheap' when they can easily get like 3.000€ at Stubhub/Viagogo?
    I mean, come on.. it's not realistic that people do charity on those sums..

So basically 1 out of 3 got tickets? That's a good chance.

Do you know how it looked for Dortmund? I assume massive interest.

10. Ajja216

Ajja216 Member

Saudi Arabia
    Jun 4, 2022
    If you got something in the very first rows of section 521, you are a winner to be honest.

11. Flowah

Flowah Member

Jan 29, 2024
    #61 Flowah, May 15, 2024
    Last edited: May 15, 2024
    "3) 26,000 are not for sale. These are for the sponsors, VIP, etc."

This is the most disgusting thing that you see every year..
    I mean, 26.000!

20.000 of these should go to the fans, 10k more to each team..
    But no, they go to celebrities and other people who barely care about the game.

This is why "elite-football" is such a joke. I love my swedish league with real passion for the game.
    Not 26.000 men in suits making business connections instead of watching the game.

12. Ajja216

Ajja216 Member

Saudi Arabia
    Jun 4, 2022
    Seems like it yes. Keeping in mind that is it restricted for members only (every member can apply for himself and 6 others) hence why the number of tickets requested is high.

For BVB ticket requests, are you ready? 400,000 ticket requests were submitted !!

13. Flowah

Flowah Member

Jan 29, 2024
    Yeah. I have applied when 'my team' played Champions League final before. Never lucky though. I think you had about 15% chance to get a ticket..

Yeah, I assumed there would be several hundred thousand of applications coming from the germans. That's pretty bonkers.. 400k!

14. Ajja216

Ajja216 Member

Saudi Arabia
    Jun 4, 2022
    During 2022 WC, I got sponsor tickets (coca cola) for the ENG vs USA match. The location was just perfect (one of the best seats I have ever got) but the atmosphere was so bad. People around us were talking business and they all know each other one way or another. All of the good seats are literally for VIPs and sponsors.

To be honest, I do understand that they should get good seats because of their sponsorships and whatever, but my issue is with the number of tickets that they get. For this final, they got around 31% !! Way way too much

themanlarry repped this.
  15. Ajja216

Ajja216 Member

Saudi Arabia
    Jun 4, 2022
    I have never been successful. But this time, I saved up some money and decided to go for third party websites (I know it’s expensive, but it is what it is).

16. Flowah

Flowah Member

Jan 29, 2024
    Yes. I respect that the sponsors shall get a few tickets but 26.000 is just insane. 6.000 which I consider fair is still almost 10% of the stadium. It's the fans who has been there all season supporting their team that should get the chance to see their team play in the final!

Ajja216 repped this.
  17. NCCFBALL

NCCFBALL Member+

Apr 19, 2007
    ITALY
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I know this is for Champions League, but anyone have an extra purchase code for the UEFA Conference League final in Athens?

18. Ostepopmannen

Ostepopmannen Member

Arsenal
    Norway
    Feb 6, 2024
    Trondheim
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    One of the upper rows, but still good. Lucky just to be there anyway , no bad seats at Wembley tbh.

19. Ajja216

Ajja216 Member

Saudi Arabia
    Jun 4, 2022
    I agree. I once sat behind a corner (200’s level) and it was fantastic.

20. brasileiragem

brasileiragem Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    May 21, 2018
    It's because you are in the section 200 - which is normally Wembley Club level. It makes sense to be a CAT 1 and it follows the seating map provided by UEFA.

Based on this BVB official article (https://www.bvb.de/eng/News/Overvie...-Champions-League-final-to-start-on-Wednesday), BVB will be in the East stand. Hence you will be in the BVB side of the stadium.

21. brasileiragem

brasileiragem Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    May 21, 2018
    Have you already bought from the third party websites? I'm also on the same boat - I'm currently waiting for them to start selling tickets with a guaranteed block/section.

22. Ajja216

Ajja216 Member

Saudi Arabia
    Jun 4, 2022
    Not yet. I will be in London anyway, so I will go for it maybe 2 days before the game. I am hoping that prices eventually drop by that time (I could be wrong).

23. brasileiragem

brasileiragem Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    May 21, 2018
    Prices will very likely drop a few days before the game. I live in London and I normally follow the price fluctuation on livefootballtickets - prices tend to go down 1-2 days ahead of the game but there might be less choices of seating sections.

24. AlexPetrov

AlexPetrov New Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Oct 23, 2022
    The Viagogo price is 1800 now, few days ago it was 2000. So, prices are going down. From this amount there's a commission from a seller to Viagogo. So, the seller would get around 1500 only. BUT! Only if this ticket will be sold for this price. And that's not a GUARANTEE, that's only a wish of a seller to sell his ticket for desired price. Example: 1 day before one of the previous UCL Final sellers wanted 2000, the next day they were happy to sell for 1000. The same thing is happening now with Taylor Swift tickets. Just 2 months ago tickets were 600 on Viagogo. Now, 2 days before concerts, the price is 150-200.
    So, Viagogo prices are only desires to sell, but not a guarantee.
    So, I'm still waiting for reasonable offers.

25. Ajja216

Ajja216 Member

Saudi Arabia
    Jun 4, 2022
    Agree. Things could have been different for me if I was traveling solely for the game. But now, I am not in a rush and I’ll take my time to let the tempo phase out a bit and get something at a “reasonable” 3rd party price.

During my time in London I was always lucky with FV tickets (chelsea, man city, liverpool, etc.) but I agree with you, prices should go down