Champions League 2020/21 [R]

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by juventino13, Sep 18, 2020.

1. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    yes we didn't have to pay a transfer fee for either..but what we do pay is over market value wages on both of those donkeys. And of course those guys had intangible qualities.. they're all Juve legends. you aren't listening to me.. im not saying we don't bring in any foreigners..just not junk ones.

2. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    you should watch more Serie A outside of Juve then. Zaccagni and Pessina have been fantastic this year.. putting in better performances week in and week out than most of our donkeys at midfield.

and at best... rabiot, bentancur, ramsey shouldn't be regular contributors either.

3. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Then why aren't all the other Italian clubs killing themselves trying to sign these guys? Locatelli is a different story. He has been good for some time now and Milan never should have sold him. The guys you mention to me seem like flavor of the month types that would not be any better than the mediocrity that we have now.

4. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kean and Locatelli would be more than enough.

Zaniolo would be sweet, but he will cost way too much for someone who already blew out both knees before 22 years of age.

5. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Even though he just turned 21 , I’m glad to see Moise Kean score 11 goals in Ligue 1 because he couldn’t go anything for Everton in the EPL...

calabrese8 and usnroach repped this.
  6. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This team needs more than Kean and Locatelli to improve.

calabrese8 repped this.
  7. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I agree, but Kean, Locatelli and a true, quality playmaking midfielder would be a step in the right direction.

8. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Zaccagni has been linked in the last few months to Milan, Roma, Inter, Lazio, and Napoli.

Pessina has less links.. with just Milan looking to bring him back and Atalanta not really motivated to sell as he's featuring since Papu left. Zaccagni is more open about wanting to move to a big club.

9. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For sure, I was talking about strictly Italians coming to Juve.

10. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On Friday UEFA is expected to approve the new rules regarding away goals in the Champions and Europa Leagues. Starting next season away goals will be worth double if scored within regular time, not in extra time.

juventino13 repped this.
  11. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    FINALLY some sense on that rule.

juventino13 repped this.