Champions League 2020/21 [R]

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by juventino13, Sep 18, 2020.

1. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    If Mbappe and Haaland aren't signed this summer I'm gonna be disappointed because Juventus can certainly afford it.

scirea6 repped this.
  2. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    The fact that you think EXOR is localized to Italy just demonstrates how truly ignorant you are.

Dante repped this.
  3. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    How dare you, falvo knows everything, he lived in Italy and is close personal friends with Agnelli.

:ROFLMAO:

scirea6 repped this.
  4. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    finances this.. finances that. yes we have our own issues.. but i think the bigger theme needs to be addressed... UEFA contro Serie A teams. they're not even trying to hide it anymore. how many 50/50 calls go against the serie A team in the last 5 years or so. it's not everything.. and i agree.. against porto we should have put them away regardless of ref decisions.. but its getting so bad.

juveeer repped this.
  5. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Cosa rappresentano tutti questi insulti! Mi sembra che più ignorante di te non credo....meglio che vai a dormire!d

6. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They are absolutely 100% true because if not then they face financial penalties and depending on how bad the books are cooked, even worse. This isn't an episode of Gomorrah... actually even in Gomorrah the financial police are arresting people for financial irregularities and they face jail time. Italy has been cracking down on that for a while now.

EXOR is a Dutch company and as such also face Dutch financial regulations, and whatever you may think of Italy's, the Dutch take it just as seriously.

scirea6 and juventino13 repped this.
  7. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You really need to drop this because you're making yourself look bad here. Juve, Lazio and Roma are the only publicly traded teams in Serie A. You don't see money being dumped into them because it's not possible within the financial regulations they have to abide by as a business. You may think differently, but reality says otherwise.

scirea6 and juventino13 repped this.
  8. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I didn’t attack you or anyone as the other are. I stand by my belief and what I lived through by first hand knowledge. I know what I know and have no reason to lie. I lived and worked there and I know exactly how they all work. For what purpose or reason do I have that I need to show you anything? Believe whatever you want but I know the truth.

9. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    And what you know is nothing

10. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    More than you but you can believe whatever you want to and I can care less what you think or believe.

11. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Sure you do, that's why everyone is proving you wrong.

Can't wait to see Mbappe and Haaland this summer because Juventus certainly can afford it!

12. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    off topic.. but fantastic show

Dante repped this.
  13. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The initial point was they should point to signing Haalnd. I still think they could and should do it and getting rid of CR7.

14. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Love it, waiting for season 4 to drop here in the US.

15. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Now its I THINK they could do it. What happened to I KNOW they can buy everyone and anyone?

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

16. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought they should have back then and would love it if they did now. There's the little problem of Dortmund most likely not wanting to let him go now and that very large transfer fee.

17. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Transfer fee is irrelevant, Papa Agnelli will just inject 13 billion into the club and we're going to buy the world :ROFLMAO:

18. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No you didn't attack me, but I'm trying to quell this here. You keep asserting that Juve, through the Agnelli's can do what they want, and when others tell you exactly why they can't you keep dismissing it.

juventino13 repped this.
  19. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Of course it could be done, and then we would be ********ed because we blew it all on one player.

You think Haaland alone is all Juventus needs?

20. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #870 falvo, Mar 11, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
    Others were for no reason which is sad as we are all posters just having a discussion. Don't see the need for landing insulting comments and attacks.

My point remains, Haaland's current market value is $121.00m USD or €101. I think it could be done of course it can. It will be an investment in the long run. Much better than shelling out another $40 million for one more year on 37 year old CR7 who is almost done regardless if he keeps scoring. You are potentially talking about what could be a 7-10 year long term project.

21. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i just torrent downloaded it.. no subtitles though i don't believe.. but if you can speak italian too worth downloading now!

22. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    #872 juveeer, Mar 11, 2021
    This was always going to be a transition year.

The hope was we could still win while transitioning. With the age of the players leading to a lot of injuries, we couldn't.

So...time to embrace the change. But clearing out young players should not be the answer.

If we can make something on Ronaldo, or at least get him off or a substantially reduction in the wage bill, that would help. Can we do either? if not....what do you do with him, cause he doesn't fit what Pirlo wants to do with the rest of the team?

gumbacicc repped this.
  23. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    #873 juveeer, Mar 11, 2021
    John is undoubtedly worth more.

EXOR has dumped money into the team so it is not impossible. Not probable, but not impossible....IF the kid wants to come here.

Barella wanted to go to ShInter, and they found a way to afford him. If EH wants Juve, we need to find a way.

24. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Did they ever release season 3?

25. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Can we stop with this, too? As a supporter of the Italian National Team, I would love for us to have a lot of great Italian players. That being said, I could care less about the nationality of these players so long as we win.

For too long this has been an issue on this thread. People over or underrate players based on where they are from. Juve haven't had a lot of Italian players for some time because the crop of players that Italy had produced after that last great class that won the WC in 2006 wasn't up to snuff.

Then it seemed as if there was a reluctance to give Italians a shot based on the shoddy quality of players of late. Most recently, you have a pretty solid crop of youngsters coming up and I'm wishing we would have signed a couple more. Chiesa looks to be a home run. How much better would our midfield look right now if we had Verratti and Barella? Or if we kept Spinazzola and sold Sandro?

At the end of the day it shouldn't matter whether we have 11 Italians or 11 foreigners playing so long as we are winning.

usnroach, Dante and juveeer repped this.