Champions League 2020/21 [R]

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by juventino13, Sep 18, 2020.

1. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Messi leaves Barca - Dybala goes to Barca.
    Berna goes to Sassuolo and we get Berardi or Locatelli.

I really want Dybala to be the guy for us, he just seems like he has to have the team built around him and that won't happen for another year or two and he will be like 29 and we should be looking at Kulusevski being our star by then.

2. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Pirlo: Arthur doesn't have much vision.

No shit. Hopefully he learns something from Pirlo in his time here, but he hasn't played bad its just he could be so much better

3. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, been saying that for a while now. Dybala is absolutely useless on this squad, if he gets benched then he starts crying. He is just not good enough to play upfront...he gets destroyed but average defenders, he just doesn’t have that grit like he did his first few years. Maybe he is undersized, but so is Messi and the guy is on top of his game still. I feel that dybala just can’t get it together. Get the big money while he is still worth something.

4. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Juventus-Ferencvaros, le pagelle: Morata e Ronaldo decisivi ...

5. cizko

cizko Member

Juve
    Italy
    Jul 14, 2017
    After the subs it was obvious where lies the problem. Berna and Bentancur were invisible. McKennie doesn't do much on the right. And Dybala does get pushed around too much and is not the difference maker he was in the beginning of the year. I wonder what happened to him.

With condensed schedule there needs to be a rotation but for me it is very clear that some players need to step up big time.

6. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There were far too many times where Dybala was drifting so far back that he was behind all of the midfielders but Artur. He needs to stop doing that.

juveeer repped this.
  7. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    #307 juveeer, Nov 25, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    Dybala is still not fit IMHO, but playing him in a 4-4-2 with CR7....he can't be back picking up the ball all the time at the halfway line. That left us with either no one, or guys like Winston and Berna as the "threats" in the box.

Dybala has to play in a 3 man attack or as a man between the lines. He simply doesn't play as a second striker. I think he could be effective in that role with CR7 and alVARo, but that would put Kulu or someone else on the bench.

8. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    THAT was a discouraging remark.

I thought he did well on Saturday, but yesterday he was back to his aimless turning and carrying the ball too much.

We still ned help in the MF.

9. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    After an initial hiccup in getting settled in with the team , Álvaro Morata has scored 7 total goals in 10 games across all competitions.

That signing by Pirlo so far is turning into a genius move.

10. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Dybala has been poor all season. We are all agreed. However, it wasn't too long ago that we were saying how nuts that Paratici was for entertaining the idea of selling him because he was arguably our best player last season.

People are rightfully concerned with Dybala's performances so far this season. There is a legitimate argument to be had about whether he should be sold given that his contract is winding down and he wants a lot of money.

However the decision isn't as easy as many are making it. It's not as if he has been shit ever since he got here and isn't Juve quality, e,g., Bernardeschi.

11. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

NicktheGreek and IcEWoLF repped this.
  12. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I'm not interested in keeping a player who's good every 4 years and wants 15 mil a season.

13. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice, also looks like Inter is crashing and burning out of the CL haha

Dante repped this.
  14. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    I took a certain amount of pleasure watching their misfortune, but they were done poorly by the ref who lit Vidal up like the fuse on a firecracker with his no call, thus sealing their fate.Hopefully as the elite teams emerge the mediocre refs will be watching on TV rater than on the field

15. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Vidal got what he deserved, and so did Inter

juveeer repped this.
  16. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Watching Arturo erupt reminded me why he was shipped out.

Well...that, and violating the crashed Ferrari rule.

17. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Half of what he deserved, I only got to see it in real time but I think he had a PK coming. As for his antics with the ref, I concur. He's the guy most likely to get tossed from a match unless Sergio Ramos is in the game.

18. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    I'm no expert but unless the hood is up how can you tell it's crashed or just broken down?

19. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Looks like Mister Falc was right again, and destroyed all the Pro Dybala users, huh?

20. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Take a look at the state of the one's Vidal crashed. There is no doubt.

21. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Where were the Dybala haters last year when he carried the team?

Dante repped this.
  22. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It was Pre Covid. A different world......

23. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stephanie Frappart is the ref for Wednesdays Juve vs Dynamo game, she’s the first woman to be in charge of an CL game.

24. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pirlo confirms that Dybala will not play tomorrow, instead he will play in the derby this weekend.

25. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    With no Morata this weekend that makes sense