CHAMPION of CHAMPIONS Cristiano Ronaldo Thread. Part CR7

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by GoodDead, May 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fernando-18

Fernando-18 New Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Yeah its funny how Ronaldo & Nani scored this weekend.
    Also funny to see the injured all playing this weekend as well - Deco, Bosingwa, Maniche & Simao....

2. ThespecialoneJM

ThespecialoneJM New Member

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Im pretty sure they care, I think its stupid to think otherwise. Ronaldo and Quaresma have always played like this for Portugal, but we're noticing more now since we're not having good results.

3. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    They definitely care, Ronaldo probably the most.

4. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

I said people on the board in general have said the players dont care, I think the players obviously want to win for Portugal which I explained in my first line. So to clarify I myself do think the players care..

I edited my post to clean it up, dont wanna get banned but seriosuly GD.. your posts are always come across as if you know everything and you say things like "stupid statement "stupid this" and act like everyone else is stupid. half of your posts contain jabs against Sporting or Sporting fans

5. santos6

santos6 New Member

Feb 25, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I think that they care, I think they care too much and don't play with instinct, they over do everything and want to be the hero. This is something Queiroz needs to fix, I will agree but his tactics so far have been spot on if you ask me. I would have gone for the throat of Sweden but not many coaches would have.

6. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    You guys might want to have a look at this: - http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_4362007,00.html

"But Carlos feels Cristiano is still finding it hard to recover from a Saturday game to a Wednesday.

"He was magnificent on the Saturday against Sweden but when Portugal played Albania last Wednesday he was a bit flat.
    "It is simply because of the recovery thing."

7. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
  8. quinas1139

quinas1139 New Member

Sep 18, 2007
    NJ & PA
  9. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    Yes, his biggest fan is the coach. The fans of Man U however are concerned.

10. ThespecialoneJM

ThespecialoneJM New Member

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Its so obvious he's not fully fit. He just doesnt have the same spark he had before, but I think he'll be back to normal within a month or so.

11. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I find he is not as fast since his surgery... He quickness is still there as is his explosive first step...but the outright speed seems diminished...which doesn't make any sense..lol

12. santos6

santos6 New Member

Feb 25, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Ronaldo seems a bit jaded, not sure what it is but it is not all physical something is going on upstairs....

13. santos6

santos6 New Member

Feb 25, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  14. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    What kills me about the entire transfer saga is the mentality of the Man U fan. "How dare he want to leave Man U?!"

What made Man U some Sacred Cow of a team? Please...the entire thing is funny. Yes players want to leave teams, yes even Manchester United.

The fact that it doesn't happen to often shouldn't be a reason to say that it won't going forward. Different world we live in.

Beside Real Madrid is a much bigger club.:rolleyes::D

15. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Also the fact that teams seems to have no problem disregarding a player when they deem him no longer useful to the club...

16. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    They poach players all over the EPL and abroad and then play the victim card when Real come knocking. Hypocrites the lot of them. Talking about Ronaldo as a mercenary...what a joke he is playing sports for money. If that is the analogy they want to use they need to wake up and realize all players are mercenaries. The vast majority (everyone except Brown) isn't from Manchester, yet they make it seem United was the big loyal dream. Rooney is a scouser FFS.

I know in 2006 I lost a lot of respect for MUFC fans for their crybaby hate of Ronaldo over a wink. And 2 years later they repeat the feat and are now slowly going back to kiss ass mode. No dignity just petty crying when they should of been celebrating the double. The sense of entitlement they have is what is really disrespectful, not Ronaldo being quiet about his future when he was concerned with the Euro.

17. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  18. quinas1139

quinas1139 New Member

Sep 18, 2007
    NJ & PA
    Lol!!!! Nice smack in the face!!!!

19. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Is Scolari serious? He voted for Frank Lampard instead of Cristiano Ronaldo?

20. Figo_7

Figo_7 Member

Feb 7, 2007
    i thought you couldnt vote for ur own team?

21. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Can't vote for your National team.

Scolari is a two faced bastard if he really did that. That or he really puts himself out there to motivate his players. But why the hell would you vote for Frank when you have Deco and Carvalho also on the team? Oh thats right they are world Class and don't need a pat on the back from the coach.

22. geeko79

geeko79 Member

Mar 18, 2005
    Toronto
    big deal, he is the coach of Chelsea, not Portugal or ManU. let him vote for his own guys on his own team. Its all business.

23. santos6

santos6 New Member

Feb 25, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I believe only current national team coaches can vote anyway...

24. quinas1139

quinas1139 New Member

Sep 18, 2007
    NJ & PA
    Excuse me but I recall him hyping up Ronaldinho & then Kaka while he was the Portugal NT coach......

25. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    More verbal diarrhea from Scolari. :rolleyes: Now he thinks he is Mourinho and playing mind games.