CHAMPION of CHAMPIONS Cristiano Ronaldo Thread. Part CR7

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by GoodDead, May 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cristianoronaldo17

cristianoronaldo17 New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    UC 201, nj
    Oh well basically it was some Euro 2004 vids...sorry

2. UltraViseu

UltraViseu Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Strong Island
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Im having the same problem but if you search the 2004 videos they are easy to find.

3. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  4. Messi-ah

Messi-ah Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Murfreesboro, TN
    man, im still not convinced on ronaldo. yeah, man utd won the double, but still, i dont think he can change a game by himself..i dunno

5. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    what would convince you then?

6. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    What?

What do you need this guy to do? Go to Mars, pedalada a few martians and then score a goal on redturf?

7. chicaCR7

chicaCR7 New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    NY
    Bohooo the next thing you'll expect him to do is actually beat 11 players on the pitch by himself, I mean if players could actually do that then what's the point of a team & teamwork, I mean maybe you've heard stories about all these myths, but Ronaldo is a mortal, although a very special/skillfull mortal lol!
    There have been many ocassions where Ronaldo has won the game for his team & if that did not convince u then it's just too bad. And the "yeah United won the double" just makes ur comment even more sarcastic, he was a major asset to the team & one of the reasons we got them trophies, hence his contribution is never questionable!

He deserved the award, & also got the best forward award, whoop whoop jeje! He shall be back, so get ready!

8. Messi-ah

Messi-ah Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Murfreesboro, TN
    the reason i think ronaldo is not all that is the fact that he just shows up for 20 minutes per game, well, i am judging his consitency on the pitch. And yeah, most stars will be out of it for a brief time in the game, but with Ronaldo, its like he disappears completely for long periods of time. I mean, he will usually contribute to an assist, score if you will, but its feels as though that it stops there. you only have moments with ronaldo. somebody like KAKA will grip the game by himself, hang on to the ball, change the tempo, and there are whole bunch of players that can do that, Xavi, Messi, Ronnie, ...
    Anyways, considering that Ronaldo is a midfielder, you would expect a little more consistency with the ball. He gets rid of it too quickly. That boy needs to watch Figo.
    Take the Euro 2008 tourmey....like i said "With Ronaldo, you only have moments" . Take Xavi for example with Spain, or even iniesta, They by themselves dictated the pace of the game. Ronaldo in the euro 2008, would make an appearance once every 30 minutes. you can argue its the position that he plays, but there are wingers who show better time with the ball, take camourenesi from juve.
    And yeah, the boy can dance with the ball, but what does that accomplish? and he tends to be passive, complains too much, you need to be a man to play the game.
    Dont get me wrong, he is superb, but player of the year..i dunno...his euro 08 campaign was mehhhhhh. And ya'll better not be takin this comment to heart, im not trying to start trouble, im just saying what i think, and respek that please. I mean no harm.

ok my peeps, i is out,
    respek.

9. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    thats a fair point

but for me if portugal is playing id rather have ronaldo have 1 or 2 moments of brilliance where he scores a winning goal then have him dominate an entire game without making a goal and for us to lose the match.

but I understand your comments, ronaldo never really dominates any big games from start to finish he will have his good plays and even score the winners but I havent seen any monster game from him against a elite club but I think sooner or later we will see something like that from him.

10. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    So it is confirmed by Ronaldo that he will be back next month.

11. manichefan

manichefan Member

Mar 30, 2005
    NJ
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  12. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  13. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    The royal family of Abu Dhabi has that money. And he has 19 brothers and god-knows how many uncles. The actual money at his disposal wouldn't be much higher than Abravomich imo.

14. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    From what I read, he has about half that money invested in Real Estate projects around the world...

15. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    That would be true but that is not his money (well, a small portion is.. ;))

16. saosebastiao

saosebastiao New Member

May 22, 2005
    Nobody has 650 billion dollars. And it is possible that Al-Fahim is not even a billionaire.

The group that he controls is worth enough to do what they claim to do, but the problem with making that assumption is that the group represents investment by multiple investors, not just one. If Al-Fahim was fronting the money himself, then he could waste his money on City...but since he is moving around money that comes from multiple investors, it is very likely that they wont let him be foolish.

17. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I believe it is possible for someone to have 650 billion, especially in the middle east.

And Al Fahim is most definitely a billionaire.

18. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton

I dont see anyone anywhere near 650 billion on this list.

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2006/10/Rank_1.html

19. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    F the list. Your telling me there are people who have been getting paid directly from OIL since 1965 do not have more then 50 billion? Saudi Arabia anyone? They just have so much power that the information is not disclosed to the general public.

20. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    Yes you can hide some but not 650 billion. Further more, since 1965 the proceeds from these investments have been divided and sub dived between family. Every generation got subdivided even more. Unless these people are putting their money in their mattress they have to invest it (public) somewhere. Yes I know that international investment can get really complicated (intentionally for tax purposes) so yes you may be able to hide some but not 600 billion.

21. saosebastiao

saosebastiao New Member

May 22, 2005
    Not even warren buffet or bill gates "have" 50 billion. They are worth that much, but that is how much their stock is valued at current prices. If they were to try to cash out, it would be worth significantly less.

And Saudi Arabian oil wealth is distributed between Saudi Arabians in general, as well as between the Saudi Family...of which there are over 200 inheritors. Al Fahim is merely one of many.

22. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I know.

1st your very wrong if you believe the common Saudi gets any taste of the oil money. Second, yes the oil money is distributed among the Saudi Royal Family, but they have been receiving 10's of billions of dollars every year for the past 35 years...Their wealth is not publicized.

Also, Al Fahim is from the Abu Dhabi Royal Family I believe.

23. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    Lets do some simple math. Lets just say for argument's sake that one of the family members netted 100 million a year for 30 years. Im even putting this in todays dollars to make things easy . Multiply 100 million by thirty and what do you get ? 650 Billion is a huge huge figure bud.

24. saosebastiao

saosebastiao New Member

May 22, 2005
    The entire government is funded by oil money. That means education, social security, health care, infrastructure, etc...all funded by oil.

Or did you mean that the common Saudi can't actually taste oil money with his mouth?

Their wealth is not publicized, but it is easily calculable. It is well known how much oil they sell, how much it costs to produce, how much they spend in government, and how big of stakes each member has in the oil industry. From those numbers, it isn't hard to form a very educated estimate of the net worth.

Now unless there is a huge black market for oil at extremely inflated prices (of which there is no reason), then the estimates are gonna be pretty close. And by pretty close, I mean that the King of Saudi Arabia who is estimated to be worth close to $30 billion is going to be closer to $30 billion than $650 bullion. And lowly Al Fahim, who is three generations below the king and the largest inheritances, will be worth significantly less.

25. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Thank you for using simple math.:rolleyes:

Anyways, 100 million, while very much money to our peasant standards. I find it hard to believe that they max out at 100 million a year off oil, especially when they are the leading oil exporter in the world. Actually I believe oil accounts for about 80 to 90 % of the total GDP, so about 500 - 600 billion dollars I suppose. I think only half of that is public while the other half is private, so half of them are not declaring shit.

Not to mention that the government had a surplus of over 100 billion dollars last year, now lets see this multiplied by numerous decades...

I know, well done. Very admirable thing to do from Saudi.

Show me some numbers.