Chadwick

Discussion in 'West Ham United' started by Lasse, Nov 3, 2004.

1. Lasse

Lasse Member

Oct 27, 2004
    Espoo
    What is wrong with Chadwick? I thought that he´d be our major weapon this season but nothing of a kind. Anybody have a hint?

2. Sxboy66

Sxboy66 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    I'm over here!
    There's no doubt he had potential a few years ago but something's gone wrong, lack of confidence maybe?

SAF isn't exactly renouned for suffering under achievers gladly so I think his self belief needs rebuilding. I'm not sure he's in the right environment to do that.

Pretty much the same applies to Bobby Z, banging in 30+ goals a season for Brighton, on top of the world, goes to Spuds and gets left out in the cold, confidence shot to bits, can't hit a barn door from 3 yards.

The main difference is that out of necessity BZ is getting games and is slowly improving. Chadwick is getting the odd few minutes here and there if he's lucky and it's not enough to give him the boost he needs.

3. Batcave Brigade

Batcave Brigade New Member

Aug 11, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    I didn’t think he was great signing because he didn’t do anything to impress in his previous loan spell in the division. However, after he came on against Reading, looked the best player on the pitch and set up the winning goal, I flip flopped in typical knee jerk fashion and thought he was the true right winger that we were missing. Of course that was based on about 10 minutes of football.

4. Lasse

Lasse Member

Oct 27, 2004
    Espoo
    Yepp I fell also into the same hole myself. However, looking on the squad we´re having, I just can´t believe how poor football we´re playing.