Chad Ocho Cinco gives props to soccer

Discussion in 'Soccer in the USA' started by paraider5, Aug 20, 2009.

1. paraider5

paraider5 Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Bethlehem, PA
  2. dcuni_ted

dcuni_ted Member

Jul 16, 2000
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sign the man to a contract with Columbus now! :D

3. goke313

goke313 Member

Feb 12, 2006
    Chad Ochocinco the kicker {Video}

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nie6NxmPKL0"]YouTube - Chad Ochocinco the kicker (HQ)[/ame]

4. paraider5

paraider5 Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Bethlehem, PA
    Re: Chad Ochocinco the kicker {Video}

I love this guy because he always gives prop to soccer. The final quote of the video is great. It's athletes like this guy, Kobe Bryant and Steve Nash, that continually give us more credibility as fans and players.

5. MMJ4mil

MMJ4mil Member

Apr 7, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Re: Chad Ochocinco the kicker {Video}

haha man this guy is hilarious

6. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll take Street Cred with Urban Youth for 200 Alex.

Answer: What starting NFL wide receiver claims to love soccer and kicks now and then for his team?

All togther everyone that loves to witness the growth of the beautiful game in this nation: Who is Chad Ochocinco?

7. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Two-sport athlete, anybody? :p

8. socafan

socafan New Member

Oct 13, 2005
    estaban Ocho Cinco!!!! lol the guy has talent for sure

9. Burgins

Burgins New Member

Sep 7, 2009
    It would be hilarious to put him and some other good athletes like him in a real soccer game and see how they do. (obviously not an EPL game or anything). Just to watch them play.

10. Cool Hand Luke

Cool Hand Luke Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Austin Texas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you guys should follow him on twitter, he's constantly giving the USMNT props

11. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cool,maybe he can attened a qualifier and stand with
    Sam's Army or the American Outlaws.

12. omnione

omnione Member

Jul 15, 2007
    Omaha, NE
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He may be a little weird, but we need more prominent sports stars giving soccer a good name.

13. Dominican Lou

Dominican Lou Member+

Nov 27, 2004
    1936 Catalonia
    Can't wait until someone proposes his call-up.

"With his athleticism, he'd be unstoppable up front!"

14. lacrolix

lacrolix Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/blog...t=AsRQ_WpgTXOl55Z8XbbufQgmw7YF?urn=sow,220105

a bit from the Yahoo! article:
    With the threat of an NFL lockout in 2011, Bengals wide receiver Chad Ochocinco is already coming up with a contingency plan -- he's going to dominate European football. That's right. Dominate it. And he claims to be serious. Just last week, he tweeted from the bastion of crazypants journalism that is the Ocho Cinco News Network: "this isnt a joke either, i am sad that it might come to this but excited to play futbol in SPAIN until we resume NFL play."

wonder if Bob would pick him XD

15. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ocho Cinco wouldn't be up to pro soccer standards, but I suspect he'd run circles around everyone except Steve Nash if it was only non-soccer stars on the field. (Wasn't he a good enough high school player to have NCAA Div I coaches trying to see if they could persuade him to play soccer in college?)

16. art

art Member

Jul 2, 2000
    Portland OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By the guy with the join date of Feb 2010 and username "ifonlyochocincoplayedsoccer"

17. Master O

Master O Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had a thread several months back suggesting that Bob Bradley should be calling up some of those NFL Kickers who looked pretty good at the penalty spot. I don't have the link on me that showed those kickers taking penalties, but they were surprisingly good.

Out of curiousity, is there precedent in soccer for a coach to call up an athlete from an entirely different sport for their national team? It would be a bold move on Bradley's part if he tried calling up, say, Kobe Bryant or Chad "OchoCinco" if either player were willing.

18. Big Soccer Member

Jan 16, 2008
    Surrey, England
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You say it would be a bold move like there's a chance it might work.

19. Master O

Master O Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You don't know unless you try.

20. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IIRC, one of the players on Armenia's national team is also on their national basketball team.

21. Rohbino

Rohbino Member

Feb 9, 2009
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was an interesting article in the the NYT several years ago (I tried to find a link to it) and several basketball players credited soccer with helping them play basketball. The article drew correlations between the games and pointed out the similarities. I've always thought that BB was a great game for soccer players to play because it helps them see the game while on the pitch. Growing up in Italy, Kobe Bryant played a lot of soccer and from what I have heard, he was, and still is, pretty good at the game. Steve Nash still plays a lot of soccer and incorporates it as part of his BB training. I have heard that LeBron James also played the game although he was better known for his skill as a wide receiver playing American football. Although James is listed at 250 pounds I have heard that he is probably closer to 270ish. Could you imagine a professional soccer player that was 6'8", 270 pounds and had the speed that James has? If their footskills were even half-way decent they would be unstoppable.

Check out the video of Steve Nash juggling:

http://tinyurl.com/ygq2lvk

22. Kot Matroskin

Kot Matroskin Member+

Aug 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    There's no way he would have the skills to make any difference on the field. However, it would certainly make some NFL fans pay attention to soccer for a bit. It might even break down some prejudices they have against the game. It would probably be worth a try, except for that inconvenient "integrity of the game" thing, because, really, it would be nothing more than a publicity stunt.

23. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    (Bump)

So now that there is an NFL lockout, will the man who was formerly known as Ocho Cinco make the jump to MLS? ;)

24. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's made his choice ;)

[​IMG]

25. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    Awesome I like it when Americans break down discriminatory barriers, that would be great to see him at Chivas.