Chad Johnson a Liverpool fan?

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by ghazi, Dec 28, 2005.

1. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
  2. Twenty26Six

Twenty26Six Feeling Sheepish...

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [rant] I'm not going to get all mushy. But I can't help but be slightly happy with the fact that accomplished US athletes will acknowledge soccer as a worthy sport. I don't seek their praise or approval, but it is a nice change of pace and wake up call to the 1,000's of fat, bloated, know-nothing, whitebread, wannabe redneck, dumbasz "NFL" [not football] fans that I have dealt with for the large majority of my life. Who don't know jack-shlt [or even play it,] about their own sport, let alone mine.

...but to tell you the truth, it's still funny for some stumpy fat bastard to tell me "soccer is for girls" when I can bench his weight and he can't jog a quarter-mile. [/rant]

3. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    What I really meant was:
    "Especially after what "We've" lost just in these last 6 years." I've been here half my life now. Longer than most on this board!

I like your comments but I can't agree with the term "Senseless war" It made perfect sense to those who planned it when they were figuring what they were going to make our of it.
    Amazingly there are those who 'still' think that the war on Iraq has something to do with the war on terrorism <end of rant>

I almost apologized for being 'off topic.' Not on this silly thread!

4. P1brit

P1brit Member

Mar 31, 2005
    Novi, MI
    Club:
    Swindon Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Chad Johnson was on the satelite hotstove on ESPN a few years ago and at the time he was wearing the previous red liverpool home kit. This was a couple years ago so it looks like he is buying their shirts on a regular basis.

5. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    Dude is a total clown.

6. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those who think Iraq was about terrorism probably bought the domino theory in Vietnam.

I'm really sorry I made a bad joke earlier. But my point was that patriotism in the USA is not the province of flag waving jingoists that equate the NFL with the USA. My patriotic heroes are not wide receivers whether they play FIFA 2005 or not.

7. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Not nessessary, I knew that...!!! :cool:

8. AndSomeAreAngels

Jun 7, 2003
    Brokelyn
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess the reason I opened this thread is because as a fan of American football, I find it interesting that one of the best players in the NFL is a real football fan, which is somewhat of a rare breed here in the States. Not only that, but it's Chad Johnson, one of the coolest players in the league.

So thanks for the tidbit. I appreciate it.

9. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    FYI there is an NFL board.

10. AndSomeAreAngels

Jun 7, 2003
    Brokelyn
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not only is he arguably the best WR in the NFL, he is one of the hardest working as well. He is a film junkie; Marvin Lewis has stated numerous times that he has to tell Johnson to stop watching game film and go home from the practice facility. He often sleeps there.

He also has tremendous respect for the history of the game. His TD celebrations are a little ridiculous, but at least he's funny.

I'm no Bengals fan, but Chad Johnson is a rare breed in sports.

11. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    Repped

12. Twenty26Six

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You grumpy old curmudgeons can't help but kick a man when he is down can you!!

I love this board because our miserable bastids have character. It's just not the same on the other boards. :)

Happy Friggin' Holidays!

13. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    What other friggin' boards....?

Hope you have a friggin' happy new year and a miserable friggin' hangover ... :cool:

14. Twenty26Six

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Asian Rivalries...

15. halfnelson31

halfnelson31 New Member

Jul 23, 2002
    NOVA
    liverbird=i took ur comments as an attack of the sport of american football and as a fan of american football and soccer im sick of all the american football bashing i see on this board everyday. And about my Metros, I used to live in upstate NY.

16. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't follow the NFL with the slight exception of the Redskins -- it is hard to miss here in DC. I am an old man and I certainly grew up with American football, I don't hate it I simply find it boring. Too slow and too much like pro wrestling for my current taste. But as USscouse points out, this is a web site called Big SOCCER, not Big NFL! and this particular board is devoted to Liverpool Football Club.

17. LiverpoolFanatic

Liverpool FC, Philadelphia Union
    Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

A lot of people in the US of A couldn't give a fiddler's fart about American football.

Wearing a shirt doesn't make one a fan- but getting a tattoo does :D

18. stanaccrington

Jan 4, 2005
    Hi guys Happy Holidays, managed to escape the inlaws and get an internet cafe connection here in Albuquerque, came to see what happy people were about and then I see this thread all about some crappy handball player, when do they use the foot? oh well we beat the blue nose bast^ards so let Chad (whats in a name) wear his Liverpool shirt at least it will be new to him to support a winning team. :) Giants for the superbowl :D

19. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    You seem to be having a "real" problem understanding what's going on here. It's not about you or your friggin' football.

Once more, try here: http://www.bigfootball.com/forum/index.php
    You can huddle together with people who give a crap..........about crap!!!!

20. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    I knew I was avoiding this thread for a reason.

21. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    You just described Michael Irvin in a nutshell (minus the drugs, hookers and sex toys), but no one would praise him in that manner.

Seriously, though...his TD celebrations are enough to not like him.

22. Twenty26Six

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure you've never cheered for a guy who was a douchebag. That's a mighty high horse you're riding!

23. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    Let's not take this too seriously...do you really want the draw the line in the sand over Chad Johnson?

24. TruReds

TruReds New Member

Jun 12, 2004
    KL
    In "The 51st State", Robert Carlyle wore Liverpool home jersey underneath a jacket, is he a fan?

25. Chizzy

Chizzy Member+

She/Her
    United States
    Aug 7, 2003
    Upper Left, USA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great, a shot at a flamboyant wide receiver with a sense of humour :(

Edit: wait a minute, did I say humour? :D