CFU Club Championship

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by FlashEP, Sep 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    good for you...now lets hope youll continue!

2. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    I was being sarcastic...

3. touppouyo

touppouyo New Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Haiti clubs won 2 titles, Surinam clubs won two titles, TnT clubs won 1 title, and Jamaican clubs won 0 title:) . How are Jamaican clubs more successful than clubs from those countries? Looking for facts? They are right under your nose, kid.:eek:

Three caribbean teams dominated the longest segment of cfu history; Cuba, Haiti, and TnT. Of those three countries, TnT had been the most consistent team as they were always right behind the leaders when they were not themselves the leading force. When Jamaica joined the league of the big guns aided by a bunch of mercenaries from England in the early 90s, both Haiti and Cuba football were in crisis. Thus, throughout the 90s, it was a struggle between TnT and Jamaica for football hegemony in the region while Haiti and Cuba were simply fighting to keep up their status. Now, both Haiti and Cuba are regaining strenght. Matches between the top four teams are more competitive than before. Good news for CFU, bad news for Central America. Enjoy the show!

4. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

You just repeated everything that "CHEC" had stated so don't take credit for someone else's post. ;)

And secondly, although no club teams in Jamaica have won a Concacaf title, our teams have been winning CFU titles with consistency. Harbourview have won it twice recently, and Portmore did last yr and got to the quarterfinals so yes Jamaican clubs have done better in the recent decade than your Haitian misfits:p

now show me your most recent CFU title:D

5. FlashEP

FlashEP New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Waltham, MA
    If the Caribbean titles are all what a Jamaican club works for then that's all they'll ever get.

this article i found on thereggaeboyz.com

Harbour View turns down invitation to host CFU finals

2004 champions Harbour View of Jamaica have turned down an invitation to host the Caribbean Football Unions Club Championship four team final next month.

It costs The Stars of the East some $2 million to host and top Group A of the qualifying competition earlier this month.

Haiti’s Baltimore SC are the other early qualifiers for the four team CFU Club Championship final.

Trinidad's San Juan Jabloteh routed Aruba's SV Britannia 8-nil to move to the brink of reaching the Caribbean Club Championship finals.

Jabloteh's victory gave it six points atop qualifying Group D, three more than Antigua's Sap FC with one game remaining.

Another team from Trinidad and Tobago, W Connection and hosts islanders of Puerto Rico are set to meet in the Group C decider.

Both clubs had victories over Hoppers FC of Antigua but W Connection lead on goal difference.

6. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Damn i just heard that Fruta is being find 50g's lets see CONCACAF actually get that money :)

7. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

Thanks for the article but honestly it has nothing to do with my comments about your lack of a CFU title in the last two decades.

And no.... Jamaican clubs aim alot higher just like our NT does that's why Portmore United got to the quarterfinals of last year's Champions Cup and our NT got to semis of the Gold Cup in '98. What were your Haitian clubs doing then? Do you even remember?:eek: :p

8. FlashEP

FlashEP New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Waltham, MA
    lol newsflash kid, the first round of the CONCACAF Champions' Cup ARE the quarterfinals because there are 8 clubs that take part in the competition. but if it makes u feel any better.....CONGRATULATIONS TO PORTMORE UNITED, WHICH MADE IT ALLLLLLLL THEEEEE WAY TO THE CHAMPIONS CUP QUARTERFINALS LAST YEAR!!! :D lololololz

9. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    That would be the 8 champions of each zone wouldn't it.;) ...which means Portmore were the Champions of CFU and lost out to a Mexican side. Aigle Noir and Baltimore were busy watching us wishing they were even there to begin with:D

10. FlashEP

FlashEP New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Waltham, MA
    All this domination you think Jamaican and Trinidadian clubs might have had in the past decade or so, just keep in mind that Haitian and Cuban clubs chose not to play outside their league. Jamaican and Trinidad clubs did win alot of CFU club championships, but the title is meaningless unless all the CFU clubs take part.

Why else wouldn't I be surprised to see Baltimore SC (a club which finished at around 8th place in the 2006 Haitian Cloture) beat Waterhouse (this year's Jamaican League Champs) 2-0 in Waterhouse's home stadium.

Aigle Noir were missing alot of their key players such as Brunel Fucien, and they did lose to Harbour View 1-0 in Jamaica, and after that they basically just gave up on the rest of the group.

It was Violette AC (HAI) and FC Pinar del Río (CUB) that were dominating the Caribbean as well as Defense Force (TRI) in the late 80's. u betta recognize :cool:

11. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

All I hear from you is excuses about Haiti's failures on club and on the NT front. Aigle noir missed players that's why they lost. Haiti didn't participate because the tournament wasn't important. Haiti. Why is it you can't admit to yourself that your clubs and National teams have been failures for decades?

Trinidad and Jamaican clubs dominate cuz we're better at winning. We know how to win and realistically when people speak of the Caribbean they speak of Jamaica and Trinidad & Tobago...u better recognise!:p

12. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    lol..warlord..you seem to think that all that matters is the recent decade. There have been other time periods in football believe it or not. Big deal if Jamaican clubs won a couple of CFU championships. These championshi[s dont really mean much since the cuban and Haitian clubs were almost never part of the equation. Say what you want, but until a Jamaican club wins a Concacaf championship, please do not talk bad about Haiti or other countries that throughout history have performed better in that championship. We probably will never see a Jamaican club beat the best clubs in the Concacaf...never.. Say what you want about Haiti but they have done it...twice.

13. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    I will remind you that you won a club champions cup exactly 22 yrs ago. where have you been for the last two decades?:eek:

The only difference in terms of club football success between our clubs and yours is that you have 2 Concacaf club titles...that's it.

Suriname has been more dominant that you historically, and Trinidad has as well even though the've only got one club title. I rest my case.

14. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    Lollll thats a huge difference. 2 championships vs 0 championships, especially for carribean clubs. In fact, I believe Jamaican clubs have not been further than the 1st round of that championship. Suriname has also been better than you as well as Trinidad and Cuba. But hey if you want to believe other wise then good for you boi!

15. touppouyo

touppouyo New Member

Sep 6, 2006
    And when has Jamaica won one? Never:D

That's it? Is that your final answer? ...eeeenk! You're wrong. (BTW, I am glad you start understanding that there is a "difference in terms of club football success between OUR clubs and yours." Don't fight it, kid. Let it out).

We have won 2 concacaf club titles, 1 Hex, 1 continental cup, finished runner-up in two Hex. What has Surinam accomplished other than their two club titles AND ELIMINATING TRINIDAD in 1977 WCQ?

Surinam has never beaten us in any competition. You must have had TnT in mind;)

16. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

17. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

18. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti

19. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

Surinam has been the most dominant nation in CFU. They've won 2 Concacaf titles, placed second 9 times and was the birthplace of some of the world's finest players in football history.

What has Haiti done? I guess getting fame from being renowned for being a wartorn slum infested nation is something you people are proud of!:eek: :)

Do yourself a favor and research surinam's football history ok einstein!:)

20. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

21. touppouyo

touppouyo New Member

Sep 6, 2006

22. touppouyo

touppouyo New Member

Sep 6, 2006

23. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

24. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    You've been more successful like 50 yrs ago.:D but not in this present century:)

And Jamaica won the U-17 title in 2005 so we were kings of the Caribbean very recently like our club teams Harbourview 2004 and Portmore United in 2005;)

Oh and by the way, your Gold Cup Lifeline is hanging by a thin thread. Let's see how you do in the playoffs

25. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia