Cesc to play vs. Rotherham

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by jegerpenge, Oct 27, 2003.

1. jegerpenge

jegerpenge New Member

Jan 18, 2003
    Lake Charles, LA
  2. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    curious...

how is that name pronounced phoentically?

3. Jeff L

Jeff L Member

May 12, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I will be there so I will let you know. AW has stated that no one who featured in the Charlton game will be playing against Rotherham. Do we have another 11 players left?! (LOL).

4. jegerpenge

jegerpenge New Member

Jan 18, 2003
    Lake Charles, LA
    well, i dont' know about the "cesc" part. i'm thinking "sesk" because "chesk" would be more italian than spanish. so "fabregas" would be "fob" like a key fob, "ray" like a ray of light, "gos" with an "o" sound like in "god" or "dog" or "odd".

so i guess phonetically it would "sesk fob-ray-gos"

ahh, the perks of taking french, spanish and italian and not really knowing either one very well

5. gento

gento New Member

Jun 24, 2002
    Valencia(Spain)
    It is "sesk fa(like the word fan without the n)-bre(like the female name Brenda without "da"-gas(like the word gasoline without "oline").
    Hope it helps.

6. jegerpenge

jegerpenge New Member

Jan 18, 2003
    Lake Charles, LA
    gracias

7. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Too bad Simek isn't on the squad for this game when Tavlaridis is.

8. OPArsenal

OPArsenal New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could some of the Gunner faithful fill me/us in on young Cesc's performance? I want to know if my Adu comparison was right or not.

9. Its only Ray Parlour

Aug 3, 2003
    London
    They are two different players. Adu is more of a dribbler and although he may capture the eye more with his runs more often than not the end product has alot to be desired.

Cesc is a footballer in every sense of the word. He can make runs but he has great vision, a fantastic shot and superb passing ability.

I'm reliably informed that he has made a big-impression in the short time he's been here and he is considered to be ready technically now to play first-team football but his conditioning needs to be improved.

10. OPArsenal

OPArsenal New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, I'm aware of the difference. Now how'd he play?

11. jegerpenge

jegerpenge New Member

Jan 18, 2003
    Lake Charles, LA
    i saw on fox sports world he narrowly put a shot wide. they said he had a pretty good game

12. Jeff L

Jeff L Member

May 12, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    "The Spaniard" as we were referring to him last night, (if you have seen "Gladiator" then you know where I am coming from), had, what I would describe as a "safe" game. He played for 85 minutes, and for 16 years old, playing with and against other older professionals, did well. Playing slightly to the right of centre in midfield, if you extended a square of about 10 yards out from the centre circle, he rarely ventured far from that arena, but, if upon instructions, was told to take up and play in that position, then he can "obey orders". His passing was "safe", generally to the nearest player to him, and not more than 10 yards away, although he did try one long across field pass that nearly connected with its intended target. He moved well and intelligently off the ball, and perhaps could have received it more than he did. It made me wonder if the more experienced players were "by passing" him at times. His tackling was not really tested. I'm not quite sure as to whose role in the future he would take. Possibly DB10 or either of the Brazilian pair. Certainly not a PV4 as he lacks the physical presence for that position. Overall he did well.

In comparison to ADU who I saw play in Minnesota this summer against Canada, and that is the only time that I have seen him play, it is difficult to make a comparision. Adu is more of a front player and about 2 plus years younger, although he did not do a great deal it that game although he scored at the end. (I did forward details to AW about him upon my return). Adu's movement when not involved was not a lot, and his positional play not tremendous either. Based upon the one game for each player that I have seen, I would suggest that "The Spaniard" would be the better option. Maybe that could be due to the slight age difference and maturity, but also that he is at a top European club and being coached, and playing regularly against better opposition. Only the future will tell.

13. fifacup

fifacup New Member

Jan 5, 2003
    new jersey
    thanks for the report jeff...definetly a player to keep an eye on for the future of the team