Cesc, Drugs and Rock 'n Roll! - NSROT [16 - R]

Discussion in 'Equipment and Gear Off Topic' started by Skizz, Nov 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vanity_soccer13

Apr 14, 2004
    http://www.leehayward.com/exercises/shoulders/index.htm

these are all a good start, R & W. you can throw in barbell shrugs to that. also, pull ups are good for back and shoulders.

aside from that.. today, my favorite player on my favorite football team, Sean Taylor of the Washington Redskins, was shot and airlifted from his home to the hospital. He's in critical condition, and there's a chance he suffered brain damage from blood loss, as the bullet hit the femoral artery in his leg. It's devastating to me. He's only 24 years old. :(

2. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I miss club soccer. High school soccer is so gay

3. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    THanks to Case, COPA 17, tbm, and Vanity for the advice.

I'm 18 now...and the day I turned 18, my gym contract was terminated (long story), so I've got no access to weight equipment.

I've been using 7 kg dumbells in varying ways. At first they actually felt quite heavy after pumping them for a good few minutes, but now it's become tedious standing there, doing them, as it's not feeling like it's working much. 7 kg's really isn't much...so I'll prob really have to go up soon.

As for my shoulders...the front part is fine, but the back part just doesn't seem to grow or get anything. I don't know what to actually do for, because I don't want the fronts of my shoulders to be big, and the back part small!

4. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    R&W, yea that is quite light and most likely your "pumping fr a few minutes" suggests high volume which will increase endurance and muscle mass, but won't be giving you much strength or power. Now u 18 u shud be fine to lofe as an adult, and whilst super heavy may not be the best way im sure u can up the 7kg for presses and any multi-muscle lifts.
    The best things for post.delts on that lee hayward site would be those bent over reverse flys, go light on these at first as there is a tendency to throw your lower back around under exertion that will be dangerous. Your ant.delts will get worked anytime u do any form of chest pressing or pushups, so the reverse of this action will help ur rear shoulders and lats/traps, which will give u a more balanced look. If u got a bench this can be achieved nice and symetrically, chest press and fly laying on back, then lay on your front and use the same motions in reverse lifting the weights off the floor, achieving rear flys and mid rows. Pull-ups would also be good, and im sure you can find something to do these on, a crossbar will even do!
    THE most important 2 pieces of advice I can give are 1. find out which muscles do what and how they work, and 2. decide your goals. With this you can use this lovely interweb and figure out what exercises u need to do, HOW to do them, how often u'll need to train and what to do each time. WAAAAAY too many peeps have loose ideas of "wanting a bit of muscle but not too much" and go about this all wrong by copying the training of people with more specific fitness goals.

5. vanity_soccer13

Apr 14, 2004
  6. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    lol case, deadlifting rules! true comparison of strength instead of gimps saying 'how much u bench?'

i failed on a 170 kg deadlift (grip) but have comfortably deaded 150!

used to curl 20 kg in each hand too but changed program for weight loss

case, u weigh about 20 lbs then?

7. vanity_soccer13

Apr 14, 2004
    damn, 150 kg for deadlift? that's nuts. I do 145 lbs comfortably, which is about 65 kg I believe. no wonder you're thebigman

8. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    Yea that Sean Taylor ish is crazy, but I mean Darrent Williams was the first US homicide of 07 so it shows how messed up this world is....

yea tbm I gotta admit if I were a powerlifter Id lose bigstyle due to my lack of leg strength, I deadlifted 150kg myself but no technique and was sketchy as, and the days when I could jam a bball are long behind me now....

Actually liked that UK ish u linked, like a laaandun Rza! Still no patch on Word association tho....

9. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Haha you gayboys!

10. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    Yeah right, I should drive my Cosworth with 19s innit, then saaaaafend on fridays :D

11. Shrapnac

Shrapnac Member

Feb 19, 2007
    New Jersey
    Everytime Case posts I'm amazed that we both speak what is considered to be English...

12. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    I do have a propensity for employing vernacular in my colloquialism, symptomatic of the ontogenically forming lexicon of the information superhighway, but I digress, which I do given my tendency for circumlocution......

13. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    i wasnt boasting at the 150 btw, its relatively small compared to power lifters....the record is about 1015 lbs which is about 450 kg lol andy bolton! google him!

i dont deadlift no more as im on a weight lifting program designed with higher reps so its like a cardio workout

eg monday, super setting flat bench dumbell press and seated rows

12 reps bench at 22.5kg
    12 reps seated rows 65 kg
    12 reps bench at 22.5kg
    12 reps bench at 22.5kg
    12 reps bench at 22.5kg

limited rest between exercises

hard work

14. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    dude, u gonna break a sweat if u ain't careful!!!

Few peeps at my gym have ever seen me sweat, this scotland U19 rugby guy was like "you must be so fit coz I never see u break sweat", he was actually serious, doing step-ups with a 150kg bar across his neck as I sit there on my customary 5-10 mins between sets rest.....

Is that really the deadlift record? Surprises me as Mendelson benches more than that, albeit with one of those genius denim shirts "I can lift 2 tonnes if I just strap this engine-hoist round the bar"....

15. vanity_soccer13

Apr 14, 2004
    hmm, for me I started doing less weight and more reps. but, I'm way over 22.5kg for my bench press. I need to one of these days sit down with the school trainer and have a program set up for myself. I want to be more fit and toned rather than look like I drink a protein shake for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I hate putting on a shirt and not having it fit anymore

16. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I finished school today...forever!!

17. iamtomas

iamtomas Member

May 2, 2004
    what no College???

18. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    i mean 22.kg dumbells, one in each hand

i was doing 30 in each hand before on incline

case heres my full workout, probably good for sports people or those who wanna tone up or cut fat

Monday Exercises Sets Reps

Upper Bod Flat Dumbell Press 4 x 12 --15 - 22.5kg dumbells
    Seated Row 4 x 12--15 - 65 kg

Dumbell Shoulder Press 4 x 12--15 - 15kg dumbells
    Close Grip Pull Downs 4 x 12--15 - 65kg

Dumbell Curls 3 x 12--15 - 15kg dumbells
    Dumbell Tricep Extension 3 x 12--15 - 20kg dumbell

All of the ones above have a 50-60 second rest between sets

Tuesday

Lower Bod Leg Press 4 x 12--15 - 120kg
    Stiff Legged Deadlift 4 x 12--15 - 60kg

Leg Extension x 4 12--15 - 70kg
    Leg Curl 4 x 12--15 - 45kg

Calf Raises 4 x 12--15 - 80kg

All above have 50-60 second rest between sets, but calf raises = 30sec

Thursday

Upper Bod Flat Bench Press 4 x 8--10 - 65kg
    Bent Over Row 4 x 8--10 - 65kg

Dumbell Shoulder Press x 4 8--10 - 17.5kg
    Wide Grip Pull Downs 4 x 8--10 - 65kg

Barbell Curls 3 x 8--10 - 30kg ez bar
    Skull Crushers 3 x 8--10 - 30kg ez bar

Above have 45-55 secs rest between sets

Friday

Lower Bod Squat 8 x 8--10 - 70kg
    Stiff Legged Deadlift 8 x 8--10 - 70kg

Calf Extensions on Leg Press 8 x 8--10 - 120kg

Above have a 90second rest due to higher amount of sets

you could always do a full bodyworkout instead each time, remember the 2 exercises grouped together eg monday id flat press 12 reps then seated row 12 reps then flat press then seated row etc etc

19. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    Sounds pretty good, I do split days so sunday chest, tuesday back, thu shoulders then friday arms, wot no legs???? well, pretty much yea, but sumtimes throw them in monday or whenevs. I varied the exercises, and reps/volumes depends on pre-season-post, but generally I'll look to do 4 sets of each exercise, anf for each muscle I'll start wit a large heavy exercise ie flatbench, pulldowns, military press, curls/tri press, then a secondary version to work the muscle in a slightly different plane (lighter for reps) eg incline bench, rows, french press hammer curl/skullcrushers, then a 3rd set really looking at toning so compound sets for super-reps eg incline flys to decline press, cable low rows to cable reverse flys etc etc....then a 4th set going back to bulk movements so flys, bent over dumbbell rows etc etc, Pre-season I'll do probably 15-20 sets total in about 60-90mins, increasing the intensity towards the end of the session, so long rests at first to concentrate on the power sets then the last 10+sets are window dressing....The point being do what I SHOULD do first, then do what I can do then do what I want to do....and yea none of that protein shake creatine roid cheating BS....

20. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'm finished school now, but then I go to University in Fabruary. I have absolutely no work to do now until Feb...it feels crazy.

Wow, I've kicked off quite the conversation regarding weightlifting...

Anyways, I think I'll get my first chance to pay some real attention to FIFA08 on my PS3

21. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    nothing wrong with protein, i take it and it definitely helps, its not a roid...nor is creative, creative just helps add mass easier

is your workout for american football then or football? strange u dont do legs?!!

i thought negative squads would be key and shit like clean and jerks for explosive sprinting players which im guessing u are because your not a fatboy or massive

22. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    Hahe yea im pretty militant against any form of supplement, nout against users just the way I gfigure u do protein u may as well do creatine so u shud roid, im pretty all or nothing so have to go with nothing....well mebe a lucozade sport b4 soccer....
    Well I got a pretty exciting situation with a strength and power coach who's currently working with elite athletes and me, basically coz he loves american football and we get on well so he hooking me up, the sticking point with legs is that im not a pro athlete, thus wanna live my life for me, thus wanna be able to run about and play footy or woteva a few nights a week and at weekends. I've never managed to do a legs programme that hasn't stiffened or lactated me to hell to the point the only time I could do them was the night of my last competitive sport each week, which basically meant I couldn't run, jump or do any form of kicking practice until the next gameday, which is hardly ideal.
    So hopefully gonna do more legs this off-season, once I get back from this asshole groinpull that's been niggling me since earely seot (finally took a game off last week and am resting til mid dec).
    Also kinda gay but have always liked my weight, and no full well that the amount heavier id be if I didn't have such scrawny legs would upset my ego!
    So do u train more for Bball or soccer? Actually nowadays the way soccer players lift the two are pretty similar...

23. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    i dont play for a team in either, want to but had work and other comitments

footballs wierd with me, grown up loving it but never played for a team, but im a good player with the ball

its the way i grew up, steroids for ashtma stunted my growth so i was a fat midget and diddnt grow till i was 16 and now im 6'2 and losing the fat and gaining ,msucle

will hopefully be starting a b ball team up in a local league near me, another sport i naturally was able to pick up and am decent at it, only been playing a few months regularly

i definitely wanna play football next year if i can or even this season if i can find a team, but im also keenly into coaching and just started getting into that and i wanna do my fa level 2 early 08 is i can

if u get at me on facebook u can see some vids of me balling last night my friends made lol, i had donated a pint of blood earlier so i felt a bit shit and its only a mess about, so dont expect high standards

24. Shrapnac

Shrapnac Member

Feb 19, 2007
    New Jersey
    Please, please tell me that wasn't intentional!

25. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hahaha, no university will let you in if you spell like that sir!

Enjoy your time off. Because you actually do have to do some work at uni!

appleCORR