Cesc, Drugs and Rock 'n Roll! - NSROT [16 - R]

Discussion in 'Equipment and Gear Off Topic' started by Skizz, Nov 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    ...well that answers that one!
    Bookmakers tend to get these things right...

2. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    There was points when I thought Hatton was going to beat him, but Mayweather just weathered the storm in an Ali like fashion and unloaded with a sackload of shots. The punch that did the damage Ricky walked straight into, which was a worry even from the start. His enthusiasm to get straight inside cost him. Can't fault his heart though, the hitman gave every ounce he had to give but it just wasn't enough.

3. Tony Dellbird

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    and on that note it's 7:55am i've been drinkin cherry cider all night and I need to ********ing sleep!

4. joey8sg8

joey8sg8 New Member

Mar 26, 2007
    Tea Room
    Elaborate? Did you foresee the ref missing 3 PK calls? Did you foresee a PK from a Carra foul OUTSIDE of the box? I don't know if you noticed but there were quite a few time when the Pool players were brought down by the overly physical Reading side. The only goal Reading scored that I will acknowledge was the third. We were caught flat at the back and there was a well played through ball---good on them, but the game should have gone entirely different. 3 PKs would have made it more than an easy day for the rightfully confident liverpool side.

Sorry for the rant...

5. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    * Liverpool vs Fulham *

What goes around comes around - Justin Timberlake even said so!

6. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    how can a scouser moan after the shambles that was everton vs liverpool when carragher pulled lescott over?

7. Mr Vexed

Mr Vexed New Member

Jun 23, 2006
    The Endz, LDN
    wes brown is shocking

8. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow just got back from one of the craziest parties I have ever been to and my head hurts

9. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well it couldn't have been to crazy if you can still feel that your head hurts!

10. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Teh Gooners are Shocking :eek:

11. joey8sg8

joey8sg8 New Member

Mar 26, 2007
    Tea Room
    Let's think of it this way. Reading didn't deserve the the PK--we can all agree with that.

I realize Carra can be overly physical and yes we have gotten away with it in those two instances, however getting screwed on FOUR PK's is absurd.

I don't even know how a professional referee can screw up that badly!

This was our chance to pick up some points on the arse.

12. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For one Stevie G dives so good riddence

Number two your Scouse so your not getting stuff handed to you :p

13. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Man U fans picking on other teams' players diving...I never thought I'd see the day.

14. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    Fans of a team that had Robert Pires and Dennis Bergkamp commenting on the hypocracy of fans talking about diving, I'd never thought I'd see the day....:D

and joey, well can we all agree that reading didn't deserve a peno? Inside or out the foul stops a probable goalscloring chance, irrespective of the rules if we're talking about "deserves"...also I saw analysis with 2 former scousers (redknapp and macca mebe?!?!) whereby they slowed thre footage down and concluded it WAS a peno as whilst contact started outside box the foul occured inside....

Either way with rafa "tinkering" as he does u don't stand much chance of succeeding in the prem, he's too willing to risk league games in a era when 4 losses over the season can relegate u to cl qualifying the next year....

15. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Case ... are you on your period or something you having some very strange rants at the minute that i quite frankly i can't be arsed to read - lol :rolleyes:

Just wanted to check that you were ok?!!!

appleCORR

16. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's going through an enlightenment :p:p

17. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    aww apps thanx for the faux concern, ur bedside manner gleams thru over the interweb....

they're making me work a new job with all new extra responsibility, so I figure I should rant about the things I can as my professional mouth becomes increasingly censored....

Plus im how shall we say, "frustrated" being injured from sport and have been pretty unhappy being ill this past week, the worlds always been against me but now it's declared it's position openly, it's time to tale the gloves off....

18. joey8sg8

joey8sg8 New Member

Mar 26, 2007
    Tea Room
    I firmly believe that the contact did NOT continue into the box. I am, however, not an ass so if you can show me the video I will concede to you.

19. Skizz

Skizz Guest

When did Dennis Bergkamp dive out of interest?

And initial contact occured outside the box, nobody was on the line or anything, so that's where the foul should have been given. Joey you gotta admit though at full speed it did look like it was in the box. I feel Liverpool were a bit hard done by on the pen but 1) the ref only has that split second to make the decision, 2) Liverpool equalised anyway, and 3) Reading still scored more goals than them after that!

Was a bit strange to see Carragher, Gerrard and Torres getting subbed though, if they had gone through the 90 you would have had a much better chance. It was like Rafa gave up.

20. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    dennis diddnt dive, he just took players out with late tackles quite alot, like alan shearer, who seemed to avoid cards cus he was english

21. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    Dammit! I shoulda become a sociologist, the I wouldn'tbe asked to prove my claims :rolleyes:
    Bergkamp did some irrepreble damage to his rep whilst wearing the tangerine against England, and whilst was good enough not to need to, every now and then did "buy one" or commit tbm's mentioned dirt, IIRC (which at my age, most likely with alzheimers, we cannot be sure of!)
    The scouse peno, well I didn't actually look up from my laptop to see the footage, but the pundits did say they reckoned it was in so was passing that on. Either way it's mute IMO coz u cuda been given a 5 goal headstart and Benitez wuda still conspired against u....

SPEAKING OF SELF-DESTRUCTION...

So the FA are in talks with Francis Lippi Ford Capello (whoever!), man that guy is almost as calpable as McSven for our demise given his treatment of Sir Becks of lion, anyone who watched la liga last yr will attest that Real won inspite of his decisions, which if Ballague is to be believed (hint he is, bar the time just b4 the 04 euros when he claimed Spain had the 2 best wingbacks in world football!) had to be relieved of selection duties behind the scenes far before his official departure from the bernebeau. He consistently forced players into roles not suited to them, in order to play his horrifically negative system...the very one that England have reliably come unstuck when trying to replicate coz our players cannot play in it. I acknowledge the politics at Real make it nearon impossible to suceed in that job UNLESS the players with power (Raul, Guti) perform above and beyond, but the effort he put into destroying the galacticos team shows how far he'll go for his ill-advised (yet repetedly reinforced via success) ideals...
    It's genuinely not rocket science, put our best keeper in goal, best 4 defenders in slots that suit them, best 4 midfielders in a row, then get shot of one and replace with 5th best (when Lamps and G don't work), and someone up top with the roon. As a contingency have a few young gifted players with pace on the bench, a proven goalscorer who can hold up a ball then a copious helping of utility players. The team picks itself 99% of the time, it's just the FA pay a manager so much the guy out-thinks himself liek some kinda soccer mike smartz....

22. Tony Dellbird

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If you thought that Sonko took out Torres when he was running square across the 18 yard line. Then you're an idiot. The other two you probably had a point with.

I didn't think Readings was a penalty. But i'll laugh anyway cos you deserve to get ********ed over. And I hope you lose against Marseilles.

23. cjump

cjump Member

Jul 31, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    in other football news, michael vick is sentenced to 23 months in prison. i can't say that i am upset.

24. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :D :D :D

25. cjump

cjump Member

Jul 31, 2006