Cesare Prandelli's Nazionale

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by asbari1908, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Ghana_Black_Star

Ghana_Black_Star Red Card

Apr 20, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    But it would definitely be something if Italy went younger, they would be able to go further in tournaments

2. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Guys like him should get more chances. When a team has an injury crisis, they should give the kids a go. At least there is the excuse that they are inexperienced. When veterans play crap, there's one excuse and they're too old. At least kids can improve. Veterans need to know how to position themselves and time their runs. If they can't, they won't last. They haven't got the legs and that's what Lippi didn't understand in South Africa.

They're ideal in the wide positions and in central midfield, particularly as box-to-box midfielders. They would have the stamina and that desire to prove themselves.

As much as I hate Wenger's complaining and the fact that he can't win a European trophy (even at his best, his teams fail in finals), at least he attacks and plays kids. Someone like him would bring a fresh approach if he coached in the Serie A. I'd also like to see Van Gaal coach in the Serie A. He does play with hard men in midfield but his teams attack and use kids. His achievements with Ajax in particular are still remarkable, IMO.

3. Ghana_Black_Star

Apr 20, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Italy if you guys do go younger, having youth as well with your defenders, and your goalie, I am sorry but Buffon is done, 2014 I cannot see him playing, he would be too old, 36 years old by the time the next FIFA World Cup rolls around, you guys need a goalie that is in his 20s, and defenders who are also in their 20s, and strikers who are also in their 20s too, but you can still keep your old veterans in your midfield, but most of your veterans for 2014 can come off the bench

4. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Viviano from Bologna will probably be the #1 goalie. Bonucci is becoming a regular in defence and Prandelli will keep his faith in Santon. He needs to make Rossi a starter in attack though. In the long run, Cassano shouldn't carry the attack because he isn't a regular starter for Milan. He needs fitness and form.

5. rizzuto123

rizzuto123 Member

May 3, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We understand this but what do you mean younger? you just can't throw a bunch of 20 to 22 year olds out there when they are not ready. Italy's best players now vary from 24 to 29, therefore we are sticking with those players, as for Buffon I agree he should call it a day after Euro 2012.

6. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    I had a feeling that Cassano moving to Milan would hurt him more than anything. He's someone that needs to be playing/starting with regularity at the club level.

7. Ghana_Black_Star

Apr 20, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    No, Italy needs to go younger especially at their striker position, I would put Rossi up front and his strike partner I would have it be Macheda from Manchester United, with Balotelli playing centre forward on the wing

8. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    thats ridiculous, not to mention its never gonna happen

9. rizzuto123

rizzuto123 Member

May 3, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Macheda is sitting on the bench at Sampdoria, no is completely sold on him yet.

10. Ghana_Black_Star

Apr 20, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    But Italy can at least put Rossi up front then, as a striker because Rossi has played at a World Cup, and he is only 23, turning 24 by 2014 he will be 27, so I would put him up front for EURO 2012 and or Brazil 2014

11. Napule

Napule Member

Nov 27, 2009
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I'm pretty disappointed Macheda isn't playing more regularly. Especially with the departure of Cassano and Pazzini. I don't see Maccarone or Pozzi putting up the numbers and really they have nothing to lose at this point.

12. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Di Carlo was incompetant and Cavasin has been just as bad, if not worse.

Pozzi scored the winner from the spot against Bari though and it's good that he has returned from injury. I'd drop Maccarone. He has been poor for Palermo and for us this season. In his defence, Sampdoria lack a link between midfield and attack. In the last few months, it has looked like an 8-0-2 formation instead of a 4-4-2, 4-3-1-2 or 3-5-2. As much as I like to see Macheda start, he would be lacking the supply anyway.

13. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

ya its exactly why italian football is failing big time, they dont take risks on the youth and there is no real reason for it. When youre not doing well u gotta try different things. Macheda is a fine player thats why ferguson has him, and only reason he loaned him out was to a team that was gonna play him and samp didnt. So hopefully he goes back so he can develop, even if he doesnt play at man u he will still be training among some great players.

14. rizzuto123

rizzuto123 Member

May 3, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Macheda is going down the same path as Lupoli, a Serie B lifer, I see no reason to believe in anymore hype into him.

15. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    agreed, Macheda is a nobody really. average at best

16. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    Rossi yes. Macheda, NO! Macheda can barely find playing time with a mid-table club like Samp, yet we're expected to just give him a starting spot with the NT? As for Balotelli, we all know that he's easily the best talent that we have right now, but until the kid learns to shut his mouth and grow up, he's only gonna make it more difficult for himself.

I'm all for a "youth movement" so to speak, but it needs to be reasonable as well. We can't just field a starting 11 of players under the age of 25 just because they happen to be under 25. We still have players in their late 20's/early 30's that are still very effective and useful, so there's no way they should be neglected.