Cesare Prandelli's Nazionale

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by asbari1908, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Pure Violence

Pure Violence New Member

Dec 10, 2004
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Seems like I am not the only one who thinks dickyviola is an ignoramous as much as he is arrogant. Buddy, follow the game, then talk... and pls, spare me the attitude. Molinaro has been trash in Italy and isn't doing so amazing in Germany either. Pepe is not only an idiot as a person, but he has no skills what so ever. He is the Kuyt of Italy, so to speak, he tries, but he is just so damn incapable of the easiest things. Average by what standard? Maybe NT standards? What kind of a question is this anyways? Ridiculous... but then again, you're dickyviola.

DIECI, yeah... good one there buddy. Comparing one of the best strikers of all times of Serie A and Italy's history with... Gilardino. HAHAHA! Oh and yeah... Barone is better than Albertini because... he is a WC champ... how old are you moron?

For one thing, Santon needs to be called up and so does Pasqual IMO. He has been forgotten for a while but he has had some great games for Fiorentina and has been replaced by Vargas... basically because Vargas was supposed to be this amazing player who... isn't one. But Pasqual, Maggio, Santon, Antonini... We got loads of players in every position. We just can't sponsor (or as some countries do, HYPE) our youth as well as other countries do.

I heard about Schelotto. Can't wait to see what he is made of.

1 person likes this.
  2. decola

decola Member+

Sep 12, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    they don't play in the same position, Vargas was playing left wing last season.

3. asbari1908

asbari1908 Member

Dec 18, 2008
    BARI
    Club:
    AS Bari
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    As much as I like Gila, I hope this turns out to be true. We need a forward who can run at people and create when the service isn't there. Someone who puts fear in defender. Gila can do it when there is service, but Balo is another story. Kid's only 19, yo. Woot Woot.

7h30hrs to go....this is on RAI, right?

4. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    You're in Italy and you're asking these guys that? Yes it's on Rai Uno.

5. elvesuvio

elvesuvio Member+

Feb 6, 2008
    Toronto, Ontario
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    LOL...woah, Nicky, you had a whole can of whupass opened on you!!!:p

ignorant, arrogant...anything else?

and Dieci, you are an idiot.

6. asbari1908

asbari1908 Member

Dec 18, 2008
    BARI
    Club:
    AS Bari
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    [​IMG]

7. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    Lets not push it. I'm all for club loyalty and all, but there's such a thing as taking blind homerism to a different level...

8. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Anyone who said Gilardino is better than Vieri has lost all of their credibility I on these boards, IMO.

9. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    To me? Someone who does not support a national side? Yeah.

10. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Dickyviola?!?! Oh man, you cut me deep there. Real deep!

The truth is that I'm pretty sure you don't know what "average" means and I'm just trying to finesse that out of you.

You said that *I* need to follow the calcio, right?

MmmHmm...

11. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    So, I guess by this logic, Barzagli > Maldini, right?

12. elvesuvio

elvesuvio Member+

Feb 6, 2008
    Toronto, Ontario
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

LOL.

or, Iaquinta>Vieri...that's enough to give anyone a stroke.

13. DIECI

DIECI Member

Sep 1, 2004
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    and Iaqunta > Baggio too!!! haha

I was joking ofcourse ;-) :D

14. DIECI

DIECI Member

Sep 1, 2004
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

I dont want to give anyone a stroke LOL!!! It was sarcastic ahaha!

15. DIECI

DIECI Member

Sep 1, 2004
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    you have to take it easy there, haha you get too upset at a simple silly post which was supposed to be sarcastic. Take this hateful reply back! :p

16. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    You're right though, Dieci. Gilardino is better than Vieri. Otherwise Vieri would be playing on a team somewhere.

17. DIECI

DIECI Member

Sep 1, 2004
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    yes... there you go! good logic there! :D

18. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I think the decline that Vieri took at the end of his career (and a steep decline it was) along with his antics during that period made people forget just how great he was when he just concentrated on playing football. During his Juve/Atletico Madrid/Lazio days, he was one of the top five strikers in the world. I don't think Gilardino ever did or will reah such heights.

Anyway, getting back to the topic at hand, Gila is a serviceable striker for the NT. He is not going to be a major difference maker at this level; but I don't presently see much difference between him and the other guys that we have in that role, e.g., Boriello, Pazzini, etc.

It would be interesting to see if Balotelli can develop into a center forward for the NT because he has far greater upside than the aforementioned guys.

19. ronaldo99

ronaldo99 Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Borriello is a better target man than Gila - he can hold the ball up well and link up with the other players supporting him.

20. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Agreed. And Prandelli likes the big target man type ala Luca Toni. One of Borriello or Amauri will get plenty of time over the next couple of years, I would think.

The first thing to be addressed, though, must be getting the ball from the midfielders and fullbacks to the forwards.

21. DIECI

DIECI Member

Sep 1, 2004
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Thats where Pirlo comes in !

22. elvesuvio

elvesuvio Member+

Feb 6, 2008
    Toronto, Ontario
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    out with the old, in with the new...time to move on...otherwise, in 4 years, we'll have a new and developed offense and defense and inexperienced mids. Now is the time...

23. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    He'll definitely be an improvement but I don't see how anyone could have watched Italy's WC run and come to the conclusion that they were just one player away from being a powerhouse.

In my opinion, the entire blame should go to Lippi as there was clearly no gameplan to speak of. I'm not the hugest Prandelli fan but I am confident that he will have some sorta gameplan to link the attackers with the rest of the squad and, yeah, Pirlo will be a big part of that.

24. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think that at least two creative sources must be present. We have two options.

Like in prior years, we can opt for a deep-lying playmaker (Pirlo) and creative trequarista/second striker (Totti). If we were to do that, Cassano would take Totti's spot. And, Montolivo, Aquilani and/or Cigarini must be groomed to take on Pirlo's role. This would allow good link up between the defenders and midfielders and midfielders and forwards.

Alternatively, we can drop the regista model because Pirlo is getting up there (can't seem him contributing beyond EURO2012) and Montolivo/Aquilani have yet to really WOW me and opt for one central creative player (Cassano) and creative wingers or flank players. The only problem with this is that most of our better midfielders are central. We must hope for the further development of guys like Balotelli, Abate, Giovinco, Candreva, Scheletto, etc. Unlike the prior option, this would allow us to stretch the field. Instead of providing vertical attacking prowess, we would have much more width.

Either way, we can't do what we did at this past world cup and have it all resting one one source.

25. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I love it how Lippi, all of a sudden, is some ignoramus that doesn't know anything about football. Yes, he ********ed up the World Cup, but that doesn't mean that he didn't have a game plan. And I'm hard-pressed to think that Prandelli is so much better a tactician than Lippi. Look at their respective resumes.

EVERYTHING was disastrous at the the World Cup. Lippi made poor selections; there were injuries to two of our world-class players in Buffon and Pirlo; the remaining key player in De Rossi was shit; and the majority of the rest of our guys were mediocre as expected.

There was clearly a lack of creativity which led us to be impotent in attack (which was clear in the games leading into the World Cup) which Lippi never adequately addressed. The hope (and I underline hope) is that Cassano and Balotelli provide the creativity and flair that this side was lacking.

However, I don't think that this side as presently constituted is anywhere near to being a top 3 international side.