Cesare Prandelli to coach Roma

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by allycks, May 29, 2004.

1. allycks

allycks New Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Parma, Italy
    Congratulations Roma fans, you just got the best coach in Serie A.

http://it.sports.yahoo.com/040529/11/185p.html

"Roma: Cesare Prandelli Is the New Coach"
    Cesare Prandelli will be the new coach of Roma. The agreement with the ex-coach of Parma was reached last night. Prandelli will replace Fabio Capello, who has signed with Juventus."

2. strega

strega New Member

Jun 17, 2003
    los angeles
    agreed! it's a great signing for roma. sorry for you guys tho' - i know what it's like. :-(
    but prandelli is exactly what we need - a great coach for young players at a club with no money. that's roma next season.

3. bobarino

bobarino New Member

Feb 11, 2004
    U.S.A.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Sorry allycks, but I hope we get Gilardino and Ferrari too...

Parma stars join Prandelli at Roma? Saturday 29 May, 2004

----------------------------------------------------------------

Now that Cesare Prandelli has been placed in charge of Roma, transfer targets Matteo Ferrari and Alberto Gilardino are more inclined to join him.

“I would not be at all surprised if Prandelli was called to lead the Giallorossi,” assured Parma and Italy defender Matteo Ferrari before the announcement.

He is an interested party, as Ferrari has been heavily linked with a move to Roma this summer and would be even more inclined to accept if he was to reunite with Prandelli.

Gilardino had also been targeted by the Capital club as a specific request from Fabio Capello, who now sits on the Juventus bench.

“I would like to stay with Parma,” the Under-21 international striker had said, “but before deciding on my future I’d like to see where Prandelli goes.”

Another important draw towards the Stadio Olimpico is the promise of first team football, as they might find themselves pushed out of the side at Juventus.

Roma have qualified for the Champions’ League proper, which is also an enticing prospect for young players.

4. allycks

allycks New Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Parma, Italy
    With Totti-Cassano-Gilardino (?) up front, and Prandelli cracking the whip from the bench, Roma could do some serious damage in the Champions League.

5. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I completely agree. Roma could really turn the sad sinking ship that everyone thought they would be on at the end of the season, BUT now the club is rebuilding and quick for success now. From what I have read Gilardino is quite good; him and Totti upfront could be quite explosive!

6. Hecho en Mexico

Hecho en Mexico Member+

Mar 22, 2002
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    quite good? he just scored 23 goals last season. :D

i really do hope roma gets both ferrari and gilardino. :cool:

7. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

8. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This would have been interesting

Andreas repped this.
  9. Capitano_10

Capitano_10 Member+

Apr 18, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Jesus Christ - where did you dig up this thread from!?

10. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I went all the way to the back, I wanted to see who was around here in 2004. It was a user Carlo Mazzone and @DDR

11. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    2004 lol

When Greece became European champion!

SF19 repped this.
  12. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No one could get past the Gates of Thermopylae that was Traianos Dellas.

SF19, giallorosso86 and Andreas repped this.
  13. romagol10

romagol10 Member

Jul 23, 2003
    CO
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ugh this ended up being an absolutely awful season. Cassano drama. Horrible CL performance along with the coin hitting the ref in the head incident. Del Neri... Why did you have to bring back these memories?

SF19 repped this.
  14. Capitano_10

Capitano_10 Member+

Apr 18, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    You’ve just brought this all back. Probably the worst CL season in our history. 2-0 up against Real in the Bernabeu and shat the bed. Leading in Leverkusen and same again. The coin incident and end result set the tone for that entire season.

15. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Bit of internet history here. Admire bobarino's avatar, the orgins of the "did you film that with a potato" meme. You're a strange cat Vulpenis. No this would not have been interesting.

Nainggolan and Vulpinous repped this.