Central Florida Superthread [Part 2]

Discussion in 'Inter Miami CF' started by Dills, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    Re: Florida Superthread [Part 2]

we should post a seperate thread with the petition so its easier to find

2. atlnacional10

atlnacional10 New Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Tampa,FL

oh iight

3. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

If Florida does get a team...i'd say that the four possible choices are Tampa Bay, Orlando, Miami/Fort lauderdale, and possibly Jacksonville. With that in mind, i think the best idea for expansion in Florida is to go with only one team (for at least a decade) so that the Florida team can grow from the grassroots up, and they should go by Florida whatever.

Anyways, come join us in the Atlanta forum on the "Who would make the best rival" and give us your insight. And hopefully, y'all can get your own forum soon.

4. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

hey guys...i went ahead and requested a forum for you to get so go ahead and start signing off on it...Hopefully, we can go ahead and spark our little rivalry up before we even get teams!!!

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?p=12342562#post12342562

5. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Miami MLS franchise

The Florida v. Atlanta rivalry has the potential to be one of the best in the leagues. (of course, i'd be with Atlanta though) Thus, that is why i requested a forum for you guys to go ahead and start signing off on to get a Florida sub-forum.

here it is: https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?p=12342562#post12342562

6. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I don't know if South Florida should or should not get a team. It depends on whether an investor is willing to do all things that he or she would need to do to get a team.

But what I do know is that saying that they shouldn't get a team and using the Fusion's struggle as justification for your opinion is goofy, since the Miami Fusion were one of the most mismanaged and poorly-run teams in the history of sports. A lot of this had to do with the fact that they were completely underfinanced. If the Fusion were well-run and had the same level of financial support from ownership as other MLS teams and still struggled, then fine, blame the market.

But to me, the team's mismanagement and poor financial support from ownership were much more glaring faults than the market itself. People on BS completely underestimate the effect that management and financial support from ownership have on a team's attendance success. If a South Florida team had good ownership and the same kind of management that's in tune with the local populace and soccer fans that you find in Toronto or Salt Lake or Washington, then I believe it would be a success. Recreate the unintentional comedy of the Fusion and it'll fail just like the Fusion.

7. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Miami has a team, do you support it?

8. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I disagree...sure the fans sort of dislike each other from SEC football...but there is no reason for Florida to have a forum right now. They have only made 50 posts in a week.

9. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

threads merged ...

has anyone read THIS THREAD lately?

10. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Okay then:

The Miami Fusion FC and either the Tampa Bay Mutiny or the Tampa Bay Rowdies absolutely should return as MLS expansion teams sooner rather than later. :cool:

-G

11. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

hmmm...i have to disagree. I think Florida should come back into MLS, but it should be only one team first. I think (so just in my little ole' opinion) an Atlanta vs. Florida rivalry would be much better than a Tampa v. Miami rivalry.

It has the making to be like USA v. Mexico. :) the fact is the true south (GA, SC, NC, TN, AL, and MS) and Florida are so close together but have completely two different cultures that will ensure a very heated rivalry.

12. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007

a florida/atlanta rivalry would be nice, but lets say they start off with one florida team. all the fans in florida like them even if they dont live close by, and then their city gets a team. do you dump the original and support your local team? this is why if florida got a team in miami before tampa i wouldnt support them.

13. atlnacional10

atlnacional10 New Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Tampa,FL
  14. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

you already sent this around as a PM ... i know i got one.

15. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'd definately let the Atlanta v. Florida rivalry flourish first...And if there wasn't ever a high demand for a second Florida team then i'd hold off expanding there.

What i'm trying to get at is how this rivalry could dominate the southeast. Fans from Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee, Alabama, and Mississippi would most likely pull for Atlanta...yet all the fans from Florida would pull for the Florida team...in which you're really looking about an equal amount of fans that would have a lot of tension between the two.

It's kind of like you can put all the teams in Florida you want, but no one (you know what i mean so don't get too nitpicky) from Georgia would EVER support a team from Florida. However, people from Alabama would most likely support a team in Atlanta (unless they had a team themselves) like people from all over Florida would support that one Florida team.And from there, we'd get to see who's the best in the southeast. the true southern states (Atlanta) vs. Florida.

16. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

any new updates? i signed the petition:)

17. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007

well now we sit and wait:rolleyes:

18. atlnacional10

atlnacional10 New Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Tampa,FL

you can put the petition up on myspace or anything you have to spread it around

19. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 USL / West Ham United News Release

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]TAMPA, FL -- West Ham United of the English Premier League and United Soccer Leagues (USL) today announced a major development partnership. The joint announcement was made today in London, England and Tampa, Florida by West Ham CEO Scott Duxbury and USL's President Francisco Marcos. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][​IMG]West Ham United is one of the premier development clubs in Europe and United Soccer Leagues provides the second and third division of professional soccer in the United States, as well as Under-23, Under-20, youth and women's leagues with clubs across the United States, Canada and Caribbean [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]The partnership entails a number of player identification, player exchange, coaching and club development initiatives. Future initiatives include a West Ham United USA youth academy and professional franchise competing within the USL system to provide North, Central and South American players a corridor to Europe.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]"The West Ham USA initiatives are designed to maintain the great traditions of the academy 'state-side'. The partnership with the USL provides an excellent platform for the development of the program and the West Ham United presence in the United States," said West Ham United CEO, Scott Duxbury. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Long a proponent of establishing strong international relationships to help develop North American players, USL Founder and President Francisco Marcos said, "This represents a watershed moment in the development of international relationships between USL and international organizations of renowned credibility. West Ham United has a reputation among the best clubs for developing world class players and we believe that this partnership will aid the development of USL and afford aspiring North American players the opportunity to reach Europe earlier in their careers, which I believe is absolutely critical to develop world-class North American players." [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]A sample of the development partnership details include West Ham identifying up to twenty youth players from the USL Super Y-League and Super-20 League to attend the West Ham United Academy in London for training and evaluation. West Ham United will also work with USL to place players on loan or in permanent contracts with USL First Division teams. Selected USL coaches will gain a unique opportunity to participate in an unprecedented, behind the scenes technical symposium at West Ham United. West Ham United will actively work with select USL clubs on academy and coaching best practices methodology and select USL youth club teams will be provided access to the West Ham youth academy on official player and coaching development tours.[/FONT]

20. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007

first its chelsea with disney and orlando, now its west ham with usl and tampa. why cant arsenal come do something in florida!

21. EconBallar

EconBallar New Member

Jun 15, 2007

I am putting together a website... what should it say? And don't give me something vague and short like "bring back the mutiny" they already know we want that by virtue of the website. I need something around two paragraphs.

22. atlnacional10

atlnacional10 New Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Tampa,FL

well you can put the petition on it to

23. atlnacional10

atlnacional10 New Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Tampa,FL

are you going to send this website to the MLS ?

24. EconBallar

EconBallar New Member

Jun 15, 2007

There will be a link for the petition.

Send it to them? probably not. I'm sure they'll see it eventually. It's mainly there to attract local fans and start a community and build it grass roots up. I doubt the front office cares about a website, but they would care about a strong community of soccer fans (i.e. demand). Plus, I'm sure they'll eventually come across it.

25. atlnacional10

atlnacional10 New Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Tampa,FL

YEH I Hope so