Central Florida Superthread [Part 2]

Discussion in 'Inter Miami CF' started by Dills, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pabloM

pabloM New Member

Feb 21, 2004
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Florida Superthread [Part 2]

MLS should bring soccer back to Miami & Tampa.

2. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Concerning Miami a setback......

Its future is now uncertain as the University of Miami has announced that they will move out of the Orange Bowl after the 2007 season and begin play at Dolphin Stadium in 2008 in a 25-year deal.

yep they didn't even consider renovating the stadium for a soccer team..The Florida Marlins will probably use it as a baseball stadium

3. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007

hopefully that could kill off hope for a team in miami:rolleyes:

4. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

well they had a HUGE opportunity...:confused:

5. Kevin8833

Kevin8833 Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Estero, FL

Has there been any new info on mls back to tampa or anything?

6. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007

nope

7. wasdykec

wasdykec Member

May 6, 2002
    Jax, Florida

if you want i'll start posting, I live in Jacksonville, Orlando would be fine, but miami, way to far away. Tampa would be pushing it, even though i did drive there (and back)for the us v ecuador game.

8. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

noted

9. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007

good job;)

10. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007

please do, the more people posting, maybe we could get a forum.:rolleyes:

11. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I do you a favor and I get roll eyes in return? Show me ten regular posters.

I get
    - alexp92
    - WhiteStarWarriors
    - SoccerPrime
    - EconBaller
    - Kevin8833

12. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Bry, don't worry about a forum. A thread is fine. Besides, its not just a thread, its a SUPERthread.

13. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Only cause you and alex are posting in it.

14. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007

didnt mean it like that, just rolling my eyes at myself, however i dont really get why oklahoma has a forum but we dont

15. Kevin8833

Kevin8833 Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Estero, FL
    so there are 6 regular poster's in this thread including myself? We need more than that.

16. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    theres more, off the top of my head theres that dummaldinger or whatever his name is

17. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    and altnacional10

edit: just looked back and found lots of post from romulan as well, plus this new guy, where in better shape than 6

18. dapd4p

dapd4p New Member

Apr 29, 2007
    Im from Jacksonville as well.Of course I would love a team in jax but Orlando would be good as well.only 2 hours away drive.

19. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well the Clearwater Galactics are about to update their website..........

TOP NEWS:
    We are working on a NEW website with a new design and MANY new features like:
    a member forum, member only login, standings for all teams, photo gallery, online store, soccer tips, great soccer videos and much more!
    We are planning to launch the new website in the beginning of September.

WE WILL KEEP YOU UPDATED!

20. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well we've got Soccer Games comin up?

Tampa scores with NCAA soccer event

Tampa's self-proclaimed role as "City of Champions" has taken on a little more meaning regarding college sports.
    The National Collegiate Athletic Association has awarded the 2008 NCAA Division II men's soccer championship to Tampa. Games will be played at University of Tampa's Pepin Rood Stadium on Dec. 5-7, 2008, the Tampa Bay Sports Commission announced Wednesday.
    The commission, which works to attract amateur sporting events to the Bay area, said the tournament would result in economic benefits ranging from increased hotel room nights to national television exposure.
    "Tampa really presents a great backdrop for these NCAA events," said Rob Higgins, executive director of the Sports Commission. The scenic UT campus provides an unfettered view of Tampa's skyline from the stadium.
    The 32-team, single-elimination soccer tournament is structured around the eight NCAA Division II regions: Great Lakes, Appalachian, South, Southeast, Midwest, Far West, Northeast and New England. Four teams from each region are selected to compete, with the top team in each region serving as the host institution.
    After three rounds of on-campus competition, the final four teams will travel to Tampa to battle for the championship.
    This marks the seventh major NCAA championship scheduled in Tampa over the next six years, including three Division I titles: Women's Final Four basketball in 2008, women's volleyball in 2009 and Frozen Four hockey in 2012.
    Tampa promotes itself as "City of Champions" on welcome signs based on three previous professional sports titles -- the Buccaneers' Super Bowl and Storm's ArenaBowl wins in 2003, and the Lightning's Stanley Cup victory in 2004. The city also hosted three previous Super Bowls, with its fourth scheduled in 2009.

21. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
  22. Romulan

Romulan New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Ya I am here posting and hoping for a MLS or even a second division team to call our own...

23. fl-kw

fl-kw New Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Tampa Bay area
    i'm not much of a poster, but i do read this thread everyday. I also am anxiously awaiting a team for Central Florida and appreciate your efforts in that regard.

24. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One undeniable fact is that I have never heard Garber mention either Tampa or Orlando in his ever-mutating list of potential expansion cities.

That doesn't exactly mean anything in the long run, I don't remember him ever saying Salt Lake City or that LA was getting a 2nd team in his comments either. And I don't think he ever mentioned Toronto until the CSA, feds and the city started talking about a stadium.

So there is hope, but for now, we just have random rumors. Like the one I found about the guy building a WWE/UFC/MLS arena/stadium. ;)

25. Dummeldinger

Dummeldinger New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    Tampa, Fl
    yeah i post just not much of late