Central Florida Pt. 3

Discussion in 'Inter Miami CF' started by Z010 Union, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The question is, if Clearwater is added in 2009, where will they play?

2. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think they use a stadium in Clearwater for the Y-leagues...
    Also I was thinking 15,000 capacity stadium is perfect to start out, I checked the smallest capacity stadium in the English Premiership , Portsmouth has a capacity of 20,688, but Man U has about 70,000 with the average about 40,000 at the rest of the clubs

3. hasselbrad

hasselbrad Member

Jul 25, 2006
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry I'm so late to the dance...

Yes, the Bucs have used up pretty much all of the space. There is parking on the west side between it and the stadium, but I don't think it's enough space for a SSS.

4. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Galactics won't talk. But 15,000 is actually too small for MLS. But apparently 18,000 isn't :rolleyes:

5. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But for USL-1 it's ok:)

6. TheHun

TheHun Member

May 5, 2005
    If you are building a stadium in Florida, there are two elements that need to be addressed:

rain - Florida has torrential rains, especially in the summer months of the MLS season.

sun - Florida is not called the sunshine state for nothing ...

While I would see a game in any weather some of your blue blooded season ticket holders might want to have the roof over their heads to fight these elements.

additional note: if you see the update to the RED BULL Park design ... it now has a wonderful roof surrounding the seating.

7. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    as long as they start the game after the daily afternoon thunderstorm is over, they should be good.:rolleyes:

8. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think weather is a factor...just look at the attendance of the Tampa Bay Rowdies and the Mutiny, personally I attended Mutiny games and they were played at around 8:00, it was muggy but it wasn't hot, actually the Bucs preseason games are the worst because they played at 1:00 in the afternoon

9. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Houston isn't called the Bayou City because its breezing and dry. And they seem to draw huge crowds for MLS games.

10. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That means lots of games in the evening, and covered seating.

11. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    well guys, looks like the florida forum could be up any day now

14. KVelmer

KVelmer New Member

Aug 3, 2006
    Tarpon Springs, FL
  15. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    and our forum is up and running

16. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great Up and Running:)

FSU women's soccer in College Cup Final

17. Fireshnake

Fireshnake New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Tallahassee, FL
    Hey guys,

I moved from Germany just recently and am following american soccer as of lately. I am located in North Florida, but would travel to the bigger games to the Tampa area, as I have friends there. Someday I wanna move there anyways. I am following the thread for months now and try to pick up on any new info on a possible expansion to central FL or even Miami. Florida is a big state and shouldn't miss out on the most beautiful games on all. So I'll try to bring in my thoughts every once in a while and fill you in on the European / German perspective.

18. Fireshnake

Fireshnake New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Tallahassee, FL
    well, it's better to have a small stadion packed with screaming people than a lame crowd in an oversized stadium. (U.S. fans will need to embrace the concept of Ultras [hardcore-fans that are organized and cooperate with the clubs] anyways):)

Aren't the new Earthquakes starting out in a small college stadium with the capacity of 8,000 only?

19. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    welcome, nice to have you:)

20. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    i think it was originally around 8,000, but for the earthquakes it has been expanded to around 12,000. for bigger games, which will attract a bigger crowd, games will be played at a much larger stadium in oakland

21. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That much larger stadium, of course, is McAfee Coliseum.

22. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My prediction for Tampa is in 2009 Seattle will start their season in the MLS and a vacant spot in USL-1 will be awarded to Tampa

23. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eggert to make his dream come true!

[​IMG]
    In july 2007, WHUFC made a deal with Francisco Marcos, the president of the USL in the USA, to form a West Ham Academy in the States, which has now ascended into WHUFC to form a full 1st team squad in the USL league 1, to start in 2009.
    Crystal Palace FC already have a team in League 2 of the USL, called Crystal Palace USA and based in Baltimore.
    An article from The Mail on Sunday quotes:-
    “West Ham were negotiating in Florida last night to have their own team competing in the USA by 2009.
    The ground-breaking move would see the Hammers play in United Soccer League One — America’s equivalent of the Championship.
    Although various English teams have tie-ups with American clubs, this would be the first time a British club have agreed to compete in a foreign league in their own right.
    And Francisco Marcos, president of the USL, claims West Ham will not be contravening rules.
    He said: ‘FIFA rules only state that owners cannot have two clubs or teams competing in the same competition, so there’s no problem here.’
    West Ham operations director Ben Illingworth and academy director Tony Carr spearheaded negotiations in Tampa on behalf of chairman Eggert Magnusson (pictured).
    [​IMG]
    West Ham signed a deal with the USL at the end of July, a reciprocal arrangement involving academy players and branding. ‘At that point the option to play in the USL was inserted in the agreement.
    ‘We’re looking to West Ham for setting a trend in terms of direct ownership,’ added Marcos.
    ‘This would be very different in terms of responsibilities and commitment, like the difference between renting a flat and owning a house.
    ‘But Umbro, West Ham’s kit sponsors, also own 98 per cent of the USL and I own the other two per cent, so they will have all the help they need to get set up here.’
    Other clubs sponsored by Umbro, such as Blackburn, Rangers and Sunderland, will watch developments.
    Arsenal have a partnership with Major League Soccer’s Colorado Rapids while Chelsea have a tie-up with AEG, owners of LA Galaxy and other MLS teams.”
    this has obviously been in the pipeline since the linkup in July and i can bet your aunt Ada’s bloomers old Eggy wil be running the show over there when it becomes a reality!!

24. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    didnt eggert quit the hammers?

25. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I don't know....but I'm psyched it's the first time a year is mentioned