center circle logo

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by scored88, Oct 23, 2004.

1. swedcrip34

swedcrip34 New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    Was talking about ESPN2 only. Just saying nothing about the Cotton Bowl has stuck in my mind so I had nothing there. Everyone feel free to touch up my list. I think it has potential but wasn't very polished. Let me know if you have anything better. DC & DAL were the toughest one's to find anything for me.

2. Khansingh

Khansingh New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    The Luton Palace
    I guess what you do with a lawnmower is your business, you just can't paint or generate virtually any logos or advertisements on the field. Maybe they're worried that the logo could be confused with the official lines. I noticed, during an NFL Europe game two years ago, the FC Barcelona shield was painted on the field at the Ministade. I couldn't help but think of how nice that would look at all stadiums. Imagine the Red Devil at center spot at Old Trafford. I'd rather have the team logo on the field than some corporate sponsor on the front of the jersey.

3. Khansingh

Khansingh New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    The Luton Palace
    And Giants Stadium has the NFL shield. It says "JETS" and "GIANTS" inside the goals. I think it's more of a nuisance than anything else. You don't hear people calling the NFL bush league because a couple of the fields have infield dirt or visible soccer lines :D.

4. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Holy Crap what a waste of time this thread was.

I want those 36 seconds back.

5. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Back in September, the posters over at BigFootball.com were calling the Dolphins and Raiders bush-league because they were playing on the baseball infields.

Oh wait. No, they weren't.

6. mannellaice

mannellaice New Member

May 8, 2001
    KC, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we had any logos that were cool enough to show off, then yes, it would be a good idea to figure out some way to put them on the field, be it digitally over a tv broadcast, or mowing the emblem into the grass. But right now, all it would do is make the field look like crap because most of our logos are all so freaking gay.