Cementeros 2012

Discussion in 'Cruz Azul' started by Monkeyboy2000, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Azul88

Azul88 Member+

Jun 1, 2010
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Pavone is a more agile tito villa
    [​IMG]

LGRod, El Mariachi and El Spooky repped this.
  2. El Spooky

El Spooky Member+

Jun 15, 2011
    No Merge Krew
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    metalmaster repped this.
  3. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    Not too sure I like the shoulder part and the Tecate thing, but nice!

4. El Mariachi

El Mariachi Member+

Mar 27, 2008
    Más Allá
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I like the last ones better, but the good thing is that soon they will be on clearance... WOOT

LGRod repped this.
  5. Azul88

Azul88 Member+

Jun 1, 2010
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Not a big change. But isn't that the 'old' 1a logo on the bottom?

6. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    Oh shit!!! it is already outdated. jajajaja

El Mariachi repped this.
  7. Juturna67

Juturna67 Member+

Chelsea
    Mexico
    Aug 14, 2011
    Whittier, CA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Has Pablo Barrera played yet?

8. El Spooky

El Spooky Member+

Jun 15, 2011
    No Merge Krew
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    yes..

9. Juturna67

Juturna67 Member+

Chelsea
    Mexico
    Aug 14, 2011
    Whittier, CA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    How's he looking?

10. El_Huero

El_Huero Member+

Dec 21, 2009
    EduarDitto "The Pelé of Anal"
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    indio

11. Azul88

Azul88 Member+

Jun 1, 2010
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    So far he hasn't been anything special. A few good runs but he has no assists yet.

12. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    Boring game that was.

13. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Three games in. The defense is looking good. 'Jerry' Flores has been playing great. The offense is out of synch. I've really liked what I've seen from Pavone. Bravo is still having problems. What do you think we'll have more of this year - goals by Bravo or wins by Cruz Azul? Memo Vazquez makes some perplexing moves - subbing Marahnao for Barrera and putting him on the right flank was strange. He then had him trade places with Vela and had Vela attacking from the right side. He should have subbed Vela out and left Barrera in. Not that Barrera was having such a great game but he was much better than Vela. Two draws at home and zero goals is not good. Granted we had some good scoring chances but so did Chivas. Gotta get wins at home.

14. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    I've only watched the second halves of the last two games and what I have seen from Barrera and Bravo is not encouraging. Bad signings for the money in my opinion. Vela is not good either, I wish they would let Chuleta play more time instead. Pavone is looking good but would benefit from better midfield players. Defense is good like you said. Bravo needs to go back to the MLS.

15. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This is where I worry Quintano is having a say in who should be playing. Bravo should be benched for league games, but if that happened, Quintano would look bad. I don't see what Bravo has shown in the last year to merit always starting. Barrera is running a lot but producing little. He looks like he needs more work. Still I'm willing to give him a bit more time. Bravo's gotten the time and just not produced. He should be starting the Copa MX games and Orozco should be in all the league games.

El Spooky repped this.
  16. ElHammer

ElHammer Member

Aug 11, 2012
    In the studio
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This team is disappointing offensively, no bite at all. Pavone is at the moment our best contributor, pero con puro pelotazo buscandolo a el no espantamos a nadie. Team is too predictable, i'm praying for Barrera to regain his confidence so we can have some dangerous crosses played into the box. Defense is solid, goalkeeping hasn't been an issue (though not really tested either). Should come away with the 3 points on Sunday. BTW how long is Chaco out for?

17. ElHammer

ElHammer Member

Aug 11, 2012
    In the studio
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Puebla down to 10 men (probably underserved, didn't seem that dangerous). Cruz Azul showing more creativity in their attack. Counterattacks have produced a few dangerous plays, a lot of running down the wings which haven't produced much when Pueblas defense is set. 0-0 at HT, hopefully there are goals and better entertainment in the second half.

18. ElHammer

ElHammer Member

Aug 11, 2012
    In the studio
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Entra Maranhao, Sale Torrado
    Half time sub

El Mariachi repped this.
  19. ElHammer

ElHammer Member

Aug 11, 2012
    In the studio
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    gol de Pavone, Cruz Azul 1-0 Puebla
    90th minute ATM
    Very nice play, and great assist by Chuletita

20. ElHammer

ElHammer Member

Aug 11, 2012
    In the studio
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Cruz Azul wins 1-0
    3 more points, now they have to get that win at home.

Azul88 repped this.
  21. Azul88

Azul88 Member+

Jun 1, 2010
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Big win. Should not have been that hard but I'll take it. Chuleta keeps doing better work than bravo.

Swag Flu and El Mariachi repped this.
  22. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This has been Memo's substitution du jour. I'm baffled as to why he doesn't simply sub out Vela. Maybe Torrado is still not fit for the full 90? We're left with Vela playing more in the middle of the field covering up for Torrado. Admittedly he hasn't played too badly defensively in that slot as he should, but he creates next to nothing on the attack. It would be cool if Maranhao started instead of Vela and we actually had another solid creative midfielder to replace Torrado if indeed he's not fit. Castro could be an option but again, offensively he just doesn't create much. Maybe Memo feels the same and so he's giving Vela a shot at central midfield. Sheesh, too early in the season but I am getting a bit worried about our lack of attack. It will be interesting to see what happens now that Aquino is back. Will Barrera start? With they platoon? Chaco needs to hurry and get well.

23. ElHammer

ElHammer Member

Aug 11, 2012
    In the studio
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Aquino should start, but Barrera has been there since the season began (also Memo brought him in). Aquino is faster, and is definitely a huge upgrade in putting in more work (defending, helping out in coverage, hustling). I followed Barrera in his stint in Europe, at West Ham you could tell right away, que le daba miedo meter la pierna, in the EPL that is going to cost you. He began well at West Ham, but as time progressed his confidence dipped and he became worse. Of course there were other factors for his undoing, At Zaragoza IMO he was an easy scapegoat for the fans, he wasn't Good, but his replacements were not better than him. Barrera from two years ago I think was just as quick as Aquino, but now the only thing Barrera still has is desequilibrio (he beats his first man and has time to think he does good, but when double teamed he reacts too slowly). Maybe Barrera could move to the left, and Aquino on the right. Also Flores has been good at RB to cover for Pablo's lack of defense.

24. ElHammer

ElHammer Member

Aug 11, 2012
    In the studio
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    In case anyone was wondering, tonight is the 3rd HOME game of the season.
    Cruz Azul vs. Leon at 7:30 pm PT on Azteca America.
    Should be a fun and important one.

25. Azul88

Azul88 Member+

Jun 1, 2010
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Should be the best game this jornada. Corona, Aquino, Araujo should be available to play.

Defense better bring their A game, Leon has Beast mode on lock.