Cementeros 2011

Discussion in 'Cruz Azul' started by Swag Flu, Jan 17, 2011.

1. El Cinquillo

El Cinquillo BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 5, 2010
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    That's cute.. don't worry, I'll let you serve us drinks in my Chivas shot glasses ;)

2. Swag Flu

Swag Flu Member+

Sep 11, 2008
    Lo$ $candalou$
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Pfffttt. I'll be like...thanks for the bottle. I hope you can see your way out now. :)

3. El Cinquillo

El Cinquillo BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 5, 2010
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    lol... fukker

4. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Ah, the dog days of the season. Some random thoughts.

Truth be told I've actually mostly liked our play the last couple of weeks. The first few minutes of the Monterrey game were fantastic. Villaluz got a goal but continues to underperform. Meza figures Aquino is good only for the second half. I supposed that's OK. It sure doesn't help when we're constantly down a goal. We deserved at least a draw with Santos. Chivas has lost something, we probably deserved to win that one outright.

So as we get to the tail end of the regular season, I think we're in good shape. We got over the early season suspensions and Villa getting hurt. It's looking good so far. I'm more optimistic than I would have guessed at the start of the season, though I still worry about our slow central defenders.

5. Of_Wires_And_Birds

Mar 20, 2009
    Edinburg, Texas!
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Araujo, in my eyes is a beast.

6. Swag Flu

Swag Flu Member+

Sep 11, 2008
    Lo$ $candalou$
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

I like how he's been playing as well.

7. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He just needs to watch out for hand-balls in the Liguilla...

8. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Missed last week's win (had a wedding to attend in Mexico City no less) against Puebla, so now back home I was ready to lay back and see what the guys could do against San Luis. What a pathetic display. Really, I was sold on this team. They had been playing very well the last few games and then we get this. I wish somebody could figure out what it is about Mexican soccer teams that makes them have these humongous highs and lows week to week. You'd swear it was a totally different team. Really, the FMF should have a sine wave as their new logo. I mean really, what is it? No idea.

Anyway, glad we got the point after all that fiasco. Note to Meza,If you have to sub out Villa, something is terribly wrong.

9. maze2daze11

maze2daze11 Member

Jan 17, 2009
    So Cal
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had to attend a funeral because one of my old professors passed away, so I missed the game. But I could not believe the notification on my iPhone about Villa being subbed out. I instantly knew we were not playing right and my brother said that the first half had us looking like a chicken with its head chopped off. That we basically did not know what to do.

When will we ever play with dominance and control?

10. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    That's the thing. One week we can play with dominance and control and then the following week play like crap.

11. Swag Flu

Swag Flu Member+

Sep 11, 2008
    Lo$ $candalou$
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I missed most of the game, but I have the same sentiments you all have. Inconsistency is a huge problem for us.

12. Azul88

Azul88 Member+

Jun 1, 2010
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The team has been floating around the top spots in the league but the performances on the field have been bad overall. Too many lineup changes, early subs and no clear playing style this season. Just get the ball and aim at Villa or Perea's head lol. That's that we have been doing so far.

Y el chaco apa?

Corona, Araujo, Aquino and Torrado out for this game.

The good news is Alejandro Vela is back from injury.

13. Azul88

Azul88 Member+

Jun 1, 2010
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Waldo Ponce wearing hearings on game day? GTFO

14. maze2daze11

maze2daze11 Member

Jan 17, 2009
    So Cal
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why are we playing like we are scarred or clueless? We get the ball passed media cancha only to play the ball back. Why?

15. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    This team plays like shit. No idea on how to create offensive plays. How is it on top of the tables is a mystery.

16. Azul88

Azul88 Member+

Jun 1, 2010
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    We're lucky it's still 0-0. We need more ball possession asap.

Watching this team play is like watching la seleccion en panamericanos:mad:

17. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    Chuleta gets a red..... not looking good. It's Queretaro for facks sake:mad:

18. maze2daze11

maze2daze11 Member

Jan 17, 2009
    So Cal
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our defense is the only reason it's still 0-0. And by defense I mean Waldo Ponce.

19. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Around these boards you hear a lot of boasting about the depth of Mexican teams. I think the sad fact is that we really don't have much depth. Of course we're always comparing our depth with that of MLS or the central american leagues - our CONCACAF fellow inmates. We are the proverbial big fish in a small pond - a shallow pond.

We lose a few starters and we turn into a chicken with it's head cut off. Meza's take?

The "Blame the ref" card. Sheesh. If that's the best we can do, we may as well not show up.

At this point, we just wait for the starters to come back and hope they get back in rythm for the liguilla. That's our best hope.

20. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    The same excuses over and over. It's tiring to hear these guys on interviews with the same rhetoric week after week. You can't live pf past glories, equipo grande? not anymore sadly.

21. Azul88

Azul88 Member+

Jun 1, 2010
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Orozco and Villaluz need to go Puebla or whatever team will take them.

Meza's team need to do some scouting, Villa-Perea-Orozco are all the same type of player. Why do you want 3 guys that are strong, good in the air but lack mobility in the same team? Our game is soo predictable it stopped being effective since last season.

I would like to see a guy like Jackson Martinez at Cruz Azul.

22. Azul88

Azul88 Member+

Jun 1, 2010
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    We're set for another liguilla run brah's. We just have to pick up some fried chicken next Saturday :D

We have the best defense (statistically) but the worst offense too. I can't say I feel confident about our team but I want them to surprise me.

23. maze2daze11

maze2daze11 Member

Jan 17, 2009
    So Cal
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea sloppy win this weekend but a win is a win. Now for the Mexico City Classico which we SHOULD win.

Vamos Azul!!!!!!

24. Swag Flu

Swag Flu Member+

Sep 11, 2008
    Lo$ $candalou$
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Make my weekend and break those wilas off something nasty going into la Liguilla.

25. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Usually I look at these games vs America, Chivas, Pumas, etc with their Liguilla-like atmosphere as a gauge as to how the team is doing. However, the team has been playing like crap for a few weeks now so I'm just looking for them to play a little better now that the Pan-Am guys are back. Hopefully Perea will be back in and Chuletita will get his spot on the bench again.