CELTA VIGO vs REAL MADRID I La Liga Jornada 1 I 17.08.19 I 17:00 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Modric didn't intend to hurt the guy, but there was a very clear contact. It's not his fault that the stupid referee decided to send Modric off after watching the video lol.
    But anyways, even though he's a good player, after a second thought we do have some great prospects in Kubo/Odegaard (even though neither is being deployed as a CM yet) plus Ceballos and the potential signings of Pogba/Eriksen. So, it's a pointless discussion.

2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's been in the Barca loan system forever. I think he might be aiming at a Premier League transfer to a midtable club at some point, on bizarre wages, rather than a career in Spain.

3. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    It’s almost like pre season results don’t determine how performs during the season proper.

4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Neither does one match into the season. As much as we'd like to.

Raul_Madrid repped this.
  5. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    True but things look promising, as you said these players haven’t looked this United in ages, I have a feeling it’s going to continue to be this way; they’re not stupid, they see what’s being said about them by the press and fans, they have something to prove.

6. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Saeta Rubia and madridista_hr repped this.
  7. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He must be fun at parties.

Yannick Relens repped this.
  8. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hasn’t he already been on loan to and invisible at Arsenal?, or have I got the wrong player, it wasn’t a long loan granted but I don’t think he did himself any favors are far as showcasing himself in that league while he was there

YOUNGSTARS87 and Drouchk repped this.
  9. PigBenis

PigBenis Member+

Sep 5, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He got injured for 3 months and missed most of the games during his time at Arsenal.

Digital repped this.
  10. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    That was a great goal that started with Casemiro recovering the ball .. then that move by Benz to clear two defenders and serve The ball to Lucas on a platter was beautiful.
    You are right , without Casemiro we are doomed.

11. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    I still don’t understand how he went from I want him out tomorrow to starting Bale in the first game of the season.
    I bet almost no one would have predicted this a month ago.

12. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well exactly, equally, no one can predict what will happen with James, I hope he stays and plays a part in our season, he’s a quality player and we can use him, considering all the comps we are playing in and trying to win, not to mention my own personal doubts about our ability to score enough goals, he can help there too.

Drouchk, AriGold and natenate101 repped this.
  13. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    You guys are too optimistic . I cant see that happening when 1. James is already behind all of the players he is competing for minutes with having played zero minutes this preseason and 2. Zidane having a soft spot for Isco and Lucas who would always be choice #1 and #2 coming off the bench..not to mention that we now have Vini and Bale back in the squad as well.
    So in reality yes, he will get some minutes but nothing of importance which was how he was perceived and used by Zidane before .
    Bale played against Atletico, played against Roma and again yesterday against Vigo..
    We play to win every game and we cannot afford to do try outs - I bet most of our games would be hard wins And in these situations Zidane has shown before he does not trust James.. .when a game is on the line he is not going to look at the bench and consider James to be that player who would change the game around.. he wants stability and what’s worked with him before will always be his first choice.

Also, without Zidane giving James any confidence nor respect, I am almost certain that James will not deliver.

IMO it is best for us to sell James in the upcoming winter transfer window.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  14. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #639 Digital, Aug 18, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
    Again all I can do is quote you
    So, no one knows at this moment what will happen with James, ZZ wanted Gareth gone more than anything, even though he played him in preseason, we’ll see what happens with James, James like Casemiro and others at the Copa had extra time off, and only came back later, so unlikely to play in those other games.

Drouchk repped this.
  15. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That last goal... i could watch it 1000 times and still be excited.

16. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was a thing of beauty, the entire thing. Benz's contribution stands out through, pretty nifty footwork.

madridista_hr repped this.
  17. Strokedoc

Strokedoc Member

Jul 15, 2014
    Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    2019-08-17 14.55.06.jpg 2019-08-17 20.52.54.jpg

1- I don't see these pics in the Spanish media.
    2- I REALLY don't care who starts and who doesn't as long as we are performing and winning. I'm here because I support RM, not a player, a manager or a president. IF LV is the best player we field for every game and perform this well outside our stadium and get the points with style, I'd support that. While I get the feeling that's the majority's tendency here, there are some that make me question what they'd prefer ...
    This is a REAL MADRID FORUM, not James, Bale, or Zidane's for that matter.

HALA MADRID, can't wait for Saturday!

PigBenis, BjornH, saadomar and 5 others repped this.
  18. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    1163377114822926336 is not a valid tweet id

1163377906887921666 is not a valid tweet id

PigBenis, HZinho, madridista_hr and 4 others repped this.
  19. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    You can see that Vinicius was more comfortable playing under Solari, he played with more freedom, right now he’s afraid to make any mistakes as he really wants to impress Zidane, im not surprised he was hard on himself after this game.
    It’s very good that Zidane praised him in the locker room afterward, great man management and will help the kid tremendously.

20. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    Pretty excited to watch the game later tonight since I could not yesterday.

For once we did take points while Barca lost :)

BjornH, RMSocrates and Nathanial Essex repped this.
  21. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah I was worried we’d continue that weird trend of dropping points on the same weekend Barca do.

saadomar and Nathanial Essex repped this.
  22. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Except that Casemiro immediately got playing time and back into the starting eleven by the season opener.

Also if Zidane hated Bale he could have given him the ultimate f you by giving James his minutes, instead things went the other way it's not looking good for James.

23. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

A hundred bad days make a 100 good stories and a 100 good stories make me interesting at parties..

24. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Casemiro is our only real DM, so IMO that’s not surprising or an indication of anything,, the reality is I have no idea what will become of James as yet, could be sold could stay, and other than Flo, the board, James himself or ZZ, and maybe a few others ( agent?) I am not sure anyone else does either, we will all see eventually though won’t we.

25. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    1163011848217776128 is not a valid tweet id

madridista_hr, RMSocrates and Drouchk repped this.