CELTA VIGO vs REAL MADRID I La Liga Jornada 1 I 17.08.19 I 17:00 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Aug 16, 2019.

1. CivilProtection

CivilProtection Member+

Jul 6, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That "team goal" is up there with our best in the last couple of years, really incredible. So was Kroos', when was the last time we scored two golazos?

MiamiNative0722 and Digital repped this.
  2. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    So happy for this win. This is just what we needed to turn off all the negativity and get going. Proud of the lads

3. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Valladoild(H), Villarreal(A) and Levante (H) are the next three games. Sort of games that you expect to win if we want to challenge for league title. Hazard should be back for Sevilla away hopefully.

Anon. and natenate101 repped this.
  4. AllWhites

AllWhites Member

Aug 11, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That Zizou Turn by Benzi !!!

natenate101 and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  5. gladiator guti

gladiator guti Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    The team won 10 vs 11 in a very tough ground and here you're bitching. Sad really.

Dage and Eddie repped this.
  6. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    #606 robnycus, Aug 17, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
    This is what will happen with James. As long As the team is winning no one will really give a crap about James.
    I respect Zidane’s decisions but I also know that it is clear he does not want James in the team and with this in mind what I said earlier, which was only from the player’s perspective, it is true..it is best for him to leave the team because his stay here is only ruining his professional career.

7. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    James had clubs interested in him and RM and ZZ decided to keep him recently after VDB was discarded. He was only available for two pre-season games due to Copa anyways. Let's wait and see for few more weeks. I think he will be part of the rotation.

MerlinRM repped this.
  8. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    Bale and Kroos having massive games with Lucas also scoring.

Some people here will be crying in their soup lol

9. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    Lets not pretend that will happen week after week.

Aensensen, PigBenis, yoanaidarov and 4 others repped this.
  10. gladiator guti

gladiator guti Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    He probably give him some 'welcome back' time at home next week.....robnycus will find something to bitch about Keylor Navas not playing.

11. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    TBF there haven't been many performances by Courtois like today, Navas should absolutely be in consideration for the starting 11.

RMrules, MerlinRM and Drouchk repped this.
  12. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Yeah rather that, let's pretend these people didn't give up on the season weeks ago.

Icalldibbs, HZinho and AriGold repped this.
  13. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I won’t pretend, but I will hope it does, or at least more often than not, let’s wait and see shall we

14. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Zidane didn't want Bale in the team far more than James, and now Bale is starting. Let's wait a few weeks and see how this plays out.

Digital, PigBenis, HZinho and 3 others repped this.
  15. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Where did you hear that?
    What I’ve heard is actually the opposite.

16. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Zidane went out in the press and pretty much said Bale will be leaving the club in the next couple of days. He's never used such language with James, and even recent reports indicate he's been very impressed with him in training.

Like I said, tough to judge after this summer, but the next couple of weeks should clear somethings up.

madridista_hr and J-Mezzy repped this.
  17. Real__Madrid

Real__Madrid Member+

Aug 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Depending on the result and circumstances, I can see James making his Real Madrid re-debut next week at home. The Bernabeu will definitely give him a standing ovation

18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    "The sooner, the better".

Watching the game positively you'd feel the team put their heads into this and figured out everybody has to set their ego aside for this to work. It's a fragile relationship, but man it felt good to watch the team be this united and this engaged after what feels like an eternity if you include last season.

Digital and dooda repped this.
  19. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That was a good game to get us excited about the season. I can live with the status quo should we fail to sign anyone. Between Bale/James/Vini/Hazard I'm happy with our options on both wings.

Had we sold either of Bale or James I'd be a bit worried going forward. As for the glaring midfield problem; we're going to have to roll the dice and see how Valverde/Isco step up. I'd also give James a few starts as part of the midfield and see how that goes. Its not perfect but with the right rotations and subs I feel we should be able to win the league with the current team.

natenate101 repped this.
  20. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Casemiro won the ball back in the opposition half both for the first and third goal. He should be one of the first subs when we lead by a big margin now that we don't have Llorente. If he gets injured lord save us

robnycus, Drouchk and Eddie repped this.
  21. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I still think we need a midfield addition. I'd prefer us getting a veteran player on loan like we did with Essien to have someone we can count on without taking a long term spot.

22. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He isn't a goalscorer. If that's the metric you're gonna use for 'regular' involvement I've got nothing to say

23. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The main takeaway from this game is that formation don't matter. Just start the game with 10 players instead of 11, and things will be ok :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

24. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    On a serious note, why don't we try signing Denis Suarez? He might not be a starting material for us, but I think he can be a good backup midfielder. He's an ex-cule, but besides that, I really like his game in general.

25. Modric-87

Modric-87 Member

Real Madrid
    Netherlands
    May 26, 2018
    You serious? The guy who screwed Modric over with his fake scream. I hate that arrogant prick.

RoadMan and lukita repped this.