Celta de Vigo [R]

Discussion in 'Galicia' started by Jose L. Couso, Jul 22, 2005.

1. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Re: Celta de Vigo

LOL...nice one. I know the 2 Galician sides loathe each other, but seeing Celta Vigo rewarded for all their hardwork this season with European footie next year is cool.

P.S. Fidel Castro is the most famous Galician.

2. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--

Interesting I've always thought Francisco Franco was the most famous.

3. parkben1

parkben1 Member

Feb 18, 2006
    brooklyn

The most famous Galician was Jerry Garcia.

4. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--

He's Galician? :eek:

5. david_silva

david_silva New Member

Apr 21, 2006
    Canada

First of, celta, celta, RA RA RA. We finally beat Deportivo and made sure it stung them good for once (sweet revenger for them relegating us). I'm an exclusive and very passionate Celta fan for the majority of my mortal life, it is the club I love and forever will. Anyways, I just wanted to introduce myself to the post as I'm probably gonna be talking a lot on it in the future. As many of you know, Celta has been playing the best football in all of La Liga next to Valencia, and have a serious chance of getting into Champions League, being the first recently promoted side in the history of the Champions League to qualify for the elimintation rounds. I think this so essential for the side for two important reasons that I will go on about.

The first is that Vigo seems pretty oblivious to the side, as stated by Pinto in his press conference today. This is important because the home of Real Club Celta de Vigo is a concrete dumpster that they have attached the name Balaídos to. As much as I love the club, the stadium is ugly, wretched and old (I have visited and entered it quite enough to know), and it could be much worse if it wasn't beautified for the World Cup in the 80s. We have needed a new stadium forever, and this would be a perfect time to take all the enthusiasm and put it into a new stadium.

The second reason why we desperately need to get into Champions League is to keep a special jewel that a certain team from the east of Spain has graciously borrowed to us, and keep our beloved citizen who grew up minutes from the stadium and has developed into a replica of one of the best players ever to pass through Celta, Claude Makelele. David Silva will be the future of Spanish football for years to come, and is the offensive sparkplug of the team. A Champs league berth would give us enough money to buy him from Valencia, who have so many attacking midfielders they just need to buy C. Ronaldo and R. Pires. Borja Oubiña is having a tremendous year, and was rewarded with a spot on the picking squad for Spain. He is the best, yes best, defensive midfielder in La Liga, and has attracted the interest of one Man U who are looking for a replacement of one Irishmen named Keane.

Celta fans across the world, we need your support in order for this humble team in northwestern Spain to become a reference of how football should be played, managed and supported. In these last three games, do all you can and make sure we can make history and improve the future.

Signed, David Silva (the faux english-speaking one)

6. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Yep...his family moved from La Coruna to San Fran before he was born.

7. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--

What happened to our Celta supporters?

8. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  9. david_silva

david_silva New Member

Apr 21, 2006
    Canada

We're here, the better question would be where did all our attentive, astute Celta players from last year go? It's not fun rooting for a group who have attention spans Ritalin abusers would laugh at. I have never such poor examples of man to man marking in La Liga by Celta defenders and midfielders in the Espanyol, Osasuna and Standard Liege games since the relegated Sunderland of the Premiership last year. Thank God Esteban still has a heartbeat, I thought he was frozen on the Celta bench for the last two years or else Celta would be out of the UEFA Cup today. I knew the Vazquez curse would come around one of these days, and please don't use injuries as the excuse.

10. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--

Wow I didn't realize Celta was doing so poorly. But they at least they knocked out Standard. Maybe they can get things going in both competitions?

11. fenerbahçeker

fenerbahçeker New Member

Sep 24, 2006

fener ! fener ! fener !

[​IMG]

12. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    Hi there!
    If anybody comes by here before Thursdaynight and reads this, tell me, what do you guys expect from the game against Frankfurt?! I hear that Celta isnt doing too well this season. It should be a pretty even match I would say with you being a light favorite, but I can see us taking at least a point! Too bad that I couldnt take the time to come down there to Vigo, I woulda loved to do that!
    Greetings from Frankfurt!

Doc

13. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    Wow, no Fans here, no Fans in the stadium.... What happened to all the Celtafans?!? ^^

14. forzadepor13

forzadepor13 New Member

Dec 5, 2006
    Oklahoma City
    ok, hala celta was stolen from hala madrid

go play in the portuguese league

15. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Might as well, it's a 15 minute walk.

16. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
  17. forzadepor13

forzadepor13 New Member

Dec 5, 2006
    Oklahoma City
    Can you say
    VIGO CABRÓN

A SEGUNDA DIVISIÓN

nothing's going to save them

18. david_silva

david_silva New Member

Apr 21, 2006
    Canada
    Last time I saw this is a Celta de Vigo forum, not a "Make your lame Celta joke and run like a wanker" forum. There's plenty I can say about Real Madrid, but at least we have enough class to not get on you guys, we let Marca or As do that for us. It's too bad the only time we get any attention is when we hire an ex-superstar who's failed at his only head coaching job. Then again, I totally see his motives for coaching Celta. It's an audition for the Barça job if Rijkaard leaves or is forced out at the end of the season. If he helps us get out of relegation, then I could careless what he does next year.

I'm pretty sure we already are used to our coach getting at referees, we just fired a guy who's been kicked out of around 10 games in his time at Celta. I do feel sorry for Vazquez, he took an all risk no reward job, got us back up to the 1º division and the UEFA Cup, we showed him no appreciation and the club failed to properly replace Silva and Sergio's absences, even though it can be said it's tough to replace a player like Silva. As time went on, it all went downhill and now it's almost at the point of no return. Let's see if Hristo can live up to his rep of being an ass kicker and get the players motivated.

19. david_silva

david_silva New Member

Apr 21, 2006
    Canada
    Come back to me on Sunday after the game. Then we'll see whos our bitch! You sure got a short memory!

20. F0nSY_Dynamo

F0nSY_Dynamo New Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Robertson Stadium
    Hi! i'm from galicia,i like Celta but i am a Real Madrid fan,they are the best :rolleyes::rolleyes:

21. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    I have to agree with Mr. Silva, please don't troll in the Celta thread.

22. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    This is great news for both Hristo and Celta Vigo.
    Hristo is trying to move up the managing ladder.
    Celta Vigo is looking to improve their attitude and performance.
    I'm betting if Hristo is successful with Celta Vigo, next
    stop Barcelona to lead is former side.