Celebrity fans of soccer

Discussion in 'Soccer in the USA' started by EdgarDavids20, Aug 9, 2004.

1. EdgarDavids20

EdgarDavids20 New Member

Feb 11, 2004
    Phoenix
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If this thread his been done before, just delete it but I was watching VH1's driven and they were doing a story on Usher and they had Jermaine Dupri(Hip Hop producer) and he was wearing a brand new bayern Munich jersey. So I was wondering if there are any other Celebrities here in the U.S that are soccer fans.

2. Naco

Naco Member

Aug 5, 2001
    I know Colin Farrell is a big fan. His dad play professionally in Ireland I believe. Damn ET, it's starting to get to me.

3. kylesoccer

kylesoccer New Member

Mar 24, 2004
    boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    clearly mike tyson because he was wearing a brazil shirt before his fight even though he didn't know who ronaldo was. plus does he count as a celebrity anymore or just a petty thug wanna-be

4. national man shaft

national man shaft New Member

Jun 4, 2001
    Texas

I've known many a person to sport a soccer jersey over the years, but I think in Jermnaines case, it just mught be a style thing. That being said I don't really know him.

5. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    It would be pretty funny if Euro soccer jerseys became a hip hop style. Cool for me, as I can wear them in my 'hood, funny also as who would want to miss watching the guys on MTV Cribs go "Yeah, this is my new Banik Ostrava 3rd kit....it's phat..."

6. simplysoccerBR

simplysoccerBR New Member

Feb 13, 2004
    Curitiba
    Tyson just won a jersey from his Mexican girlfriend. He has no idea who is Ronaldo, and the fact he was using it gave a bad reputation to soccer and Brazil.

Robin Willians is a great fan.

7. eamon

eamon New Member

Aug 3, 2004
    owen wilson, metallica, ian astbury, robert duval.

8. MT mojo

MT mojo New Member

Apr 23, 2004
    Montana
    The Pope himself.

Now thats a celebrity. ;)

9. Unstoppable Fire 13

Unstoppable Fire 13 New Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago

lol yeea snoop dogg's sportin a brazil jersey in the "beutiful' video which was shot in brazil

10. Crew14

Crew14 Member

Apr 11, 2000
    Brunswick
    Didn't P Diddy (or whatever the hell he goes by now) wear a Brazil jersey in a video as well?

11. Unstoppable Fire 13

Unstoppable Fire 13 New Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago
    o yeeea yeeea ... forgot about that.. the 'shake ur tailfeather' video

12. Gunners11

Gunners11 Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I know Freddie Prince Jr. and Dido are both Arsenal supporters. I think Freddie is an LA season ticket holder.

13. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey there's an idea. The next "East Coast/West Coast" style rivalry in hip hop could be Celtic/Rangers.

That would be funny: guys getting shot for wearing a Chris Sutton jersey. :D

14. Crew14

Crew14 Member

Apr 11, 2000
    Brunswick
    Elijah Wood is a Hammer along with Nick Cage and Dave Grohl supposedly.

15. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Samuel L. Jackson stated that he," caught the soccer bug." while shooting a movie in England. On ESPN PAGE 2 IIRC he said he liked Liverpool and Michael Owen.
    I guess it took a Bad Mutha **********er to win over another.

Speaking of the True Reds...Mike Myers is a supporter of the beautiful game also. His Pops was a life long Liverpool fanatic that raised him on the club and the importance of soccer.

16. Ghost

Ghost Member+

Sep 5, 2001
    You know these three but you don't know that Keira Knightley is also a West Ham fan? I'm hoping you're a woman. Or gay.

17. fiddlestick

fiddlestick New Member

Jul 17, 2001
    The 4 8 0
    Tyson used to drop a decent amount of money at a friend's soccer shop in Mesa on shirts on more than one occasion. I guess he just likes them.

18. Zamphyr

Zamphyr Member

Mar 31, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What, no Elizabeth Shue pics yet ??

19. Nicky Butt

Nicky Butt New Member

Jan 21, 2004

The movie is kind of lame, called "Formula 51." But the soccer tie-in is pretty funny. Jackson is running around with an English crook who is a Liverpool fan. The guy wears a Liverpool jersey the whole movie and he keeps trying to get tickets to the Man Utd game. In one scene he goes into a Manchester United bar in some blue-collar neighborhood and starts a riot.

20. kylesoccer

kylesoccer New Member

Mar 24, 2004
    boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    nomar garciaparra must be a fan due to his wife. plus he i believe he hurt his foot playing soccer.

21. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember seeing Mike Tyson wear a Argentina national team jersey a couple of years ago.

22. smith07

smith07 New Member

Mar 26, 2004
    probably because he enjoyed some of the same delicas that maradona is so fond of

23. bukie2k

bukie2k Member

Mar 28, 2002
    New Jersey
    Last month's Playboy 20 Questions was with Spike Lee who was wearing a Juventus jersey in the picture that accompanied the article.

24. bostonsoccermdl

bostonsoccermdl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Denver, CO
    I remember reading that the band Linkin Park were Chicago Fire fans and have performed at concerts with wearing Fire jerseys..

25. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was a picture of Spike Lee in another thread wearing a Arsenal warm up jersey.