[CDR FINAL] Real Madrid - Atletico Madrid - 17/05/2013 - 21:30 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, May 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    yes.I can imagine both Benzema and Higuain squander that chance badly,had they been in Costa's shoes

2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I can see both of them scoring it.

Eddie and natenate101 repped this.
  3. morgan07

morgan07 Member

Jun 13, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Good run & good timing to pull the trigger, but it wasn't exactly an unstoppable shot, almost straight right into Lopez and it hit the post but fortunately (for them) bouncing in.
    We had 3 attempts in which golie was more convincingly beaten than that one by Costa, hit the post and 3 out of 3 all bouncing out. Really wasn't our day.

Benzema's post was a better attempt than Costa's and it was from a more difficult angle and both hit the post but one was luckier.

4. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    It's called a finish because the chance was finished. You can't tell me someone missing a chance was a better finish than actually FINISHING the chance.

It was a fantastic run, perfect timing in that if he had taken one more step Ramos would have been able to close him off and Lopez would have been high up to close the far post, and he finished it going across his body and completely against his momentum. I couldn't give a shit less whether Higuain or Benzema could have done the same or not, I'm praising a nice piece of football on its own with no hidden agenda.

Shay Z, 9Qui and Madrid_1902 repped this.
  5. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Then you need some reality check,I guess.They both have been missing some sitters this season so Costa's finish was far better.

6. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agree.

7. morgan07

morgan07 Member

Jun 13, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Of course it's not a better finish because it wasn't finished, but it could be just as good or better effort. Not to take anything from Costa, I'm just saying there's also luck involved in that finish seeing it hit the post before went in and that luck factor was the difference between that finish and our 3 posts rather than quality of the efforts.

Benzema's post for example, effort wise he could be credited the same way Costa credited for the perfect timing and all. It was a loose ball that's closer to Courtois and Atletico's defenders than to Benzema and they all were going into the ball, somehow Benzema managed to react faster than them all to hit it first and aimed that powerful shot between the sea of defenders + Courtois, I couldn't imagine one handled such situation better tbh. So sad it hit the post and at the end nobody care about this effort just because it didn't go in and we can continue to pretend that Benzema is a shit striker who can only missed sitters.

8. ShaRule

ShaRule Member

May 5, 2005
    Belgium - Iran
    Courtois will be the best keeper in the world!

9. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    in some reality sure, not this one

10. MadridFan22304

MadridFan22304 Member+

Apr 26, 2012
    DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Diego Lopez should have had that, though. The finish was as good as can be under the circumstances (drifting towards the corner away from the center of goal). But the GK needs to be in a crouch and that is a comfortable save. Instead he was upright and had to stab at it, where he actually got a touch, but not good enough. That's why he was so pissed. He knew he botched it.

11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Iker goes to congratulate Courtois after the match, giving him respect for his performance, and Courtois, as the only Atletico Madrid player, starts anti Real Madrid chants a day later.

No manners whatsoever.

12. ShaRule

ShaRule Member

May 5, 2005
    Belgium - Iran
    He is a very well mannered guy! Can you proof he did that!?

13. ShaRule

ShaRule Member

May 5, 2005
    Belgium - Iran
    Lol he is only 20 and already a beast of a keeper..

14. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    LOL. There is video of it on every website in Spain.

15. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    Courtois was probably also aided by a bit of liquid courage as well :D

16. BlaugranaCule07

BlaugranaCule07 Red Card

Apr 24, 2013
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^^^like you said he's probably drunk and they kind of make him say it

17. ShaRule

ShaRule Member

May 5, 2005
    Belgium - Iran
    Hahaha indeed drunk, they made him say this and his age have alot to do with it :p

18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He can go to hell. He also slept with de Bruyne's (who is after all a national team comrade) girlfriend. Classy guy, that Courtois.

19. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I now hate him with a passion and wish him bad things.

This is why you don't lose to these scrubs.

Aimar 21 and 4x4s repped this.
  20. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    De Bruyne's also his former teammate at Genk and they were close friends. The story was more or less confirmed by the NT spokesman.

Brilliant GK though. He has everything to become one of the best in the world.

21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I agree, but he's still a knut, and a knobhead.

22. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He'd still sell his soul to join this club.

Complex23 repped this.
  23. Complex23

Complex23 Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Both him and DB denied that, there was a kiss and his GF actually slept with ANOTHER footballer but wasn't courtois. Also that ShaRule guy can get off Courtois' nuts now, your belgian, we get it but now your just making an ass out of yourself

Alma Merengue repped this.
  24. BlaugranaCule07

BlaugranaCule07 Red Card

Apr 24, 2013
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who came up with that chant? Has it always been used?

25. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Perhaps it's brand new? 14 years in the making....

Eddie, Alma Merengue and 4x4s repped this.