[CDR FINAL] Real Madrid - Atletico Madrid - 17/05/2013 - 21:30 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, May 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's been posted by Ultras across Europe in League games in Greece, Italy, Poland, etc. etc, in some sort of coordinated move. No idea why.

2. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    I don't even think it would be a tradeoff because it wouldn't stop us from adding world class talent.

Simeone is an excellent example of what I'd love to see with us. He won a CdR with Atleti as a player and now as a coach. He is Atleti through and through... his players see that and feed off of that. I am not saying the coach has to be a former player, but we need to embrace the players that have made us great - - instead we shun them.

This forum has a great group of supporters; people that I know will defend this club against all comers. But the fact is, many of these supporters don't understand madridismo. That isn't a knock, I promise (nor does it imply you aren't a madridista). I would probably say the same about myself if I didn't grow up with a very specific identity at the club. We have lacked a true identity (or as someone said earlier, a soul) for a while now... that makes it difficult for people to really understand what that shirt means.

I won't rant on because people will surely take this as a Casillas v. Mourinho thing again, when it has nothing to do with that. I am talking about something bigger that we lacked before Mourinho ever set foot in the Bernabeu. This, above any result, is what really has me down today.

9Qui and Toro70 repped this.
  3. Gbonyx23

Gbonyx23 Member

May 4, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I am a Mou supporter but now it's time to leave. You have truly been a wonderful but a lot of our players needed the change. Personally I want this next year.
    -Karanka as coach
    -striker in lewa, falcao,
    -higz or benz can leave but imo, it should be benz
    -carvajal back
    -lopez sent out (he is too good to sit behind iker but doubt he can take iker's spot. If he wants to stay, it is completely different)
    -gundogan in (or other good dm)
    -PASSION from the team most of all

4. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lol. Diego out.

What if Iker gets injured again? Do you want to play with Adan in the CL?

5. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    We bought Diego to bring more competition to our goalkeeper position, he was sitting on the bench at Sevilla before we got him out of Andalucia, I doubt if he gets seated here he'd have much to complain about. If so, he better get his agent to get a club with enough money to get him from us, as of now until the end of his contract he's still doing what he was brought here for wether he ends up sitting on the bench or not.

6. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It was a series of messages where ultras around Europe have displayed the same message. All other groups have same/similar views to that of Ultras Sur.

So do their Barcelona counterparts, but that still doesn't make people like the Catalunya is not Spain messages :D, which i was seeing around today everywhere from people with same mental capacity as the ultras sur.

7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    AEK Athens did it too, and they are pretty much the opposite of the Ultras Sur. It's some weird Ultra logic, no point in trying to understand it.

Eddie repped this.
  8. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  9. MadridFan22304

MadridFan22304 Member+

Apr 26, 2012
    DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That ref caused this mess. That assclown was ignoring fouls over and over again. How is it possible that we had the ball sitting in their final 3rd the entire game, and they had more free kicks from near the box?

On at least 4 occasions, Cristiano got chopped down without a foul call. And on 2 instances, that asshole played advantage on a foul on the edge of the box when we didn't even have an advantage. That's why Cristiano got frustrated. After one of those, he went to the ref and asked how the ref didn't call it, and the ref said he played advantage. Cristiano was pissed, cause the ball rolled back 10 yards to Modric moving away from goal. That was one of his favorite tricks, playing the none advantage. Eventually, Cristiano got fed up and lashed out. But he got sent off because the ref should have come right in with direct red on the challenge on him, but didn't. It was absurd. Lost control of the game and that was inevitable.

10. MadridFan22304

MadridFan22304 Member+

Apr 26, 2012
    DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To me this Madridismo thing is overrated. What has happened is that there are always 2 types of players that get big pay days. Some bust ass to justify it, others think, "I am set for life" and go Benzema on that. Kaka doesn't even count, dude got injured.

We need to dump the fat, literally. But we didn't lack for Madridismo with the same players last year. This year was a circus, by the manager and the players. But one thing that players will NEVER respect from a manager is when he has personal grudges overriding talent. That's why the Casillas was so debilitating.

And that Pepe stuff was ridiculous. Pepe had been playing poor, no doubt. Yet Mou kept playing him, he was one of Mou's guys. Then he comes out in support of Casillas, and Mou had him sent to Witness Protection. No player will ever respect that. Pepe was playing, even though he was terrible, because he was Mou's guy. Then he crossed Mou, doesn't play anymore. You can't manage a locker room like that.

Now, these guys all got along last year and the results were great, not just in the league, but PKs away from the Champions League Final. Something happened this year (not one person's fault) and we lost the plot. Then Mourinho handled that situation horribly by basically deciding which guys were in his camp, and favoring those. Where the hell did Callejon go too? Things like that divide a locker room. I think a new manager will allow us to push the reset button, and our attitude will be renewed. Then, we need to get rid of the lazy players ***couch*** Benzema ***cough***. I still believe most of our players will die on the pitch for our club, but they just wouldn't this year for a myriad of reasons. We will be fine with a good coach and a little talent upgrade to fill some of our team gaps (overreliant on the counter, etc.). I think the attitude we saw this year won't be replicated next year.

11. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Benzema may be a lazy footballer and I prefer Higuain over him, but you gotta give the man some respect for his CL stats.

9Qui repped this.
  12. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What worries me is I hope this last match, and the trophy-less season doesn't convince Ronaldo otherwise to ask for a transfer. That'll be the worst way for Ronaldo to go out. But I think the consensus is he's waiting for a managerial change and holding out for a bigger pay day.

13. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Madridismo is about our club and its identity, not an alleged personality trait that is somehow linked to a players effort or lack thereof.

9Qui and Minduchio repped this.
  14. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    "Will not engage" my ass :rolleyes:

Alma Merengue repped this.
  15. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    I will not engage your ass.

16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Just a question. You said you're disgusted by the way we behave when we lose. But at the same time, in the late 80s the whole team went in to play against Bayern with incredible aggression at a level that doesn't even exist nowadays. Pure battlefield atmosphere.

As harsh as it sounds, things like madridismo, Juanito's spirit, are things people love to recall when we win, or want to win. Many clubs do the same, it creates a cultural and historical background to the club. I personally don't think it's something that would effect the way we play though, because honestly, teams have played not only better, but also worse, before Florentino.

When we win, it's typically us because of one reason or another. When Capello won the title, people figured it's because of the never giving up quality of this club.

MadridFan22304 and Eddie repped this.
  17. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    That doesn't exist nowadays anywhere. Those were very different times - not just for us, but for football general. The stuff regarding Juanito and the remontadas are a rallying cry, but a tiny part of the identity.

And yes, I am disgusted with how we act when we lose. Are you not? Is that what you want our shirt to represent? Fuucking embarrassing.

Again, I am not talking about a player running/not running ... or being overweight ... or kissing the badge ... or whatever. This needs to be fixed at the club level.

9Qui repped this.
  18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I agree, but as you said, it's different times, and i am saying that in the course of football being a world product, every club kind of cartoonified their history and identity to be easier to sell. Even the "mes que un club" is more of an advertisement slogan nowadays than anything.

The club being managed differently on a representative basis is irrelevant to how the team plays, in my opinion. We could be the gentlemans club, and if the success isn't there, we'll still have problems.

You act like this is a fixture. I didn't see any of that in Dortmund.

MadridFan22304 repped this.
  19. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    C'mon, how many times have we seen stuff on and off the pitch that has us looking like a bunch of petulant spoiled brats? We didn't see it against Dortmund, but we've seen it countless times.

I've said it many times before, we now act like the clubs we used to laugh at. FACT.

20. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    A sense of Madridismo might not directly affect the way we do or don't play but it does affect it. Madridismo, as hard as it is to define, isn't a feeling or some "old-fashioned" sentiment, it's a core set of values and even that might not do it justice. The Juanito tributes, remontadas, etc. are just a small part of madridismo.

9Qui, Minduchio and Alma Merengue repped this.
  21. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    And I think that as a Club we've never hidden that we believe all our hype so to speak. Those rags to riches stories are great but we've ALWAYS been the cool kids and generally carried ourselves as such, "stiff upper lip" and all that jazz but that is something completely different than some of the behavior you're referencing.

22. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Think any of this has anything to do with Mou making every one at the club buy his book How to be a Cule for Dummies: Teaching Psuedo Madridistas the Eternos Segundos Mentality Required for Success.

Raúl 4 ever repped this.
  23. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Or Foda se Iker y Catalunya.

24. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    On a different note, while all the praise went to Falcao for the assist on the goal, the finish from Diego Costa is top notch.