CdF 16e de Finale: Olympique de Marseille v AS Monaco

Discussion in 'Olympique de Marseille' started by prvev, Feb 3, 2008.

1. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG][​IMG]

LE GROUPE MARSEILLAIS
    Gardiens : Mandanda, Carrasso
    Défenseurs : Bonnart, Krupoviesa, Givet, Rodriguez, Faty, Sabo
    Milieux : Cana, Cheyrou, Kaboré, Valbuena, Ziani, Zenden, Nasri
    Attaquants : Akalé, Cissé, Grandin

LE GROUPE MONEGASQUE
    Gardiens : Roma, Ruffier
    Défenseurs : Adriano, Cufré, Sambou, Bolivar, Modesto, Berthod
    Milieux : Perez, Bernardi, Leko, Almiron, Meriem, Nenê
    Attaquants : Ménez, Bakar, Gakpé, Piquionne

2. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OM

Titulaires :
    MANDANDA
    RODRIGUEZ
    KRUPOVIESA
    BONNART
    GIVET
    CHEYROU
    CANA
    NASRI
    VALBUENA
    CISSE
    GRANDIN

Remplaçants :
    CARRASSO
    FATY
    SABO J.Ph.
    AKALE
    ZENDEN
    KABORE

AS Monaco

Titulaires :
    RUFFIER
    ADRIANO
    BERTHOD
    MODESTO
    PEREZ
    GUEDES
    BAKAR
    ALMIRON
    PIQUIONNE
    MENEZ
    DE CARVALHO

Remplaçants :
    BERNARDI
    SAMBOU
    MERIEM
    GAKPE
    LEKO
    CUFRE
    ROMA

3. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Valbuena! 1-0! Some nice passing leads up to a chance for Valbuena, which he takes very well on the first touch, hitting it into the opposite corner. Grandin with the assist.

4. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And just a couple minutes later its Grandin with a goal for himself! The ball falls to him off a free kick, he flicks it up to himself and then hits it into the back of the net. 2-0. Quite a nice start..

5. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ht, 2-0.

6. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cisse! 3-0, off a mistake from Ruffier on a ball high in the air. He dropped it right to Cisse, who hit the empty net.

7. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I'm a Monaco fan. I already knew OM are the better team. Congradulations to them for finally playing like they should. Valbunena and Cisse are on fire recently.

8. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3-1, Bakar.

9. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea, they've both been great. It will be interesting to see what happens when Niang starts playing again.

Hopefully this can turn out a bit like the second half of last year...although I don't think second is completely realistic, good runs in both cups and a nice ascent in the Ligue 1 standings certainly isn't out of the question.

10. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cisse off for Akale, and he gets a nice ovation.

11. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    That was a horrible tackle by Leko on Nasri, should have been sent off.

Leko is increasingly useless to us, though congrats to l'OM on playing a terrific match.

12. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed on the Leko tackle.

FT, 3-1. On to the next round..

13. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I expected to lose both games to l'OM at the Vélodrome this season, but not like this. Have to congratulate you all on the performance, but it doesn't mean I'll be rooting for you at all. ;)

14. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Well I am rooting for them to get back to the Champions League because I sure as hell dont want Nancy or Nice in there. I think Bordeaux 2nd and OM 3rd. I know Monaco arent far from a Champions League spot but we really dont deserve it since we arent that good. I wouldnt want to play in it and be over matched and humilated and OM showed this year they are capable of playing well in it. I'm cringing at the thought of Nancy, Nice, Caen, Lorient, Le Mans playing in the champions League.

15. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I don't want it to happen, but I would agree that they could finish 3rd, with Bordeaux in 2nd. As much as I don't want to admit it, it's become apparent they're a better team than we are.

16. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    You want Nancy in the Champions League.:mad:

17. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Instead of l'OM? Definitely. It's nothing against any of the OM players, of course. It's that ideally I would want Lille, Toulouse and ourselves in the Champions League, since the other two were teams that I've liked. I know that you, Sportboy, often look out for the interest of the league, so to speak, and hence I understand where you're coming from, though in my case, I prefer teams I can support in the Champions League, whereas I'd have difficulty doing it with any of our "rivals."

18. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Good game for the OM boys. i hope Nasri isnt too seriously injured, i'd love to see him play for Les Bleus this week.

19. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
  20. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i certainly wouldn't relish OL playing them right now. they looked awesome and OL looked very pale against Croix-de-Savoie.

21. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I dont want to see any French teams get killed and embarrased. If Lille or Toulouse were good and had talented teams then I wouldnt mind seeing them in the Champions League. I saw Toulouse play Liverpool in both qualifying matches and Toulouse was so over matched it was embarrasing. Being a Monaco fan I understand the OM hatred but having never lived in France myself is probably the reason I dont have a hatred for them. I do hate Nice a lot and actually I kinda hate PSG and I definately dont like Auxerre. Yes Monaco and Marseille are big rivals but I still consider Nice to be the main rival especially now since Monaco and Nice have more in common than Monaco and Marseille do.

22. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I actually don't mind Nice that much, as other than this season or a few others, they haven't been meaningful competition, despite our inability to beat them in Louis II. Though after l'OM, I suppose they are the team I would like to see lose. However, to take my bias out of the equation, it's hard not to admire the way they've been playing since the stretch when they were in the drop zone. A healthy Nasri and a more confident Cissé have a lot to do with it, though really it's the collectif that has stood out.

23. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I think its easy to hate Nice because they have violent fans and they cant get their act together and build a decent stadium. Their stadium is so poor that it makes you angry that they cant build a better one because of their ineptitude. They have great potential and it makes you mad that they just waste it.

24. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    the violence of their fans isn't really that bad compared to PSG, and nowhere near what we see in italy, but there's more to it than that; let your son go sit in the curva sud at the stade du ray and next thing you know he's plastering FN posters on autoroute pillars.

as far as building a stadium, local officials very much have their act together, but the PACA definition of "public utility" is lining your pockets and those of your cronies.