CD Aves x Sporting CP | Liga NOS 2017/2018 | 1a Jornada

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by OndaVerde, Aug 1, 2017.

1. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    [​IMG].......[​IMG].......[​IMG]

Date: Sunday August 6
    Time: 6:00 p.m. Local Time | 1:00 p.m. ET | 10:00 a.m. PT
    Television: Sport TV 1
    Acestream: ArenaVision 17
    Web Stream: TBD

vilafria repped this.
  2. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I'd maintain the starting XI of Dost, Podence, Acuna, Gelson, William, Coentrao, Coates, Piccini, Patricio... but I think the toughest decision is between Adrien and Bruno Fernandes. Bruno has been in great form but Adrien is Adrien, I really don't know which way it'll go. The other question mark I guess is Jeremy Mathieu's health. If he's good to go you pair him with Coates obviously but If not I'd go with William next to Coates, thought he played solid at CB on the weekend and then go with Rodrigo Battaglia at DM as he was also a standout over the weekend. If there's a game to get away with it, it should be this one.

Hoping for a stomping, a statement to be made. 4-0 Sporting

natenate101 repped this.
  3. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Those AceStream links are really high quality... when they work.

Can't wait to officially start the season. These summer months when there is no international competitions suck!

My predicted lineup - based on players we have now:

Patricio;
    Piccini, Coates, William, Coentrao
    Gelson, Adrien, Bruno Fernandes, Acuna
    Podence, Dost

GK: Patricio is the obvious choice.

Defense:
    - Piccini because there is no one else
    - Coates is one of the captains and will start
    - I think Mathieu may still have an injury and William played really well at CB last game - this may be the way to fit Adrien, William and Bruno in the team
    - Coentrao is getting better and better

Midfield:
    - Adrien has played as a DM when William was injured a couple of years ago with Joao Mario playing ahead of him - I think we will see this with Bruno Fernandes ahead of Adrien
    - Bruno Fernandes deserves the start for his vision and passing quality
    - Between Acuna and Bruno Cesar for LW Acuna offers more
    - Gelson is untouchable at RW

Attack:
    - Podence deserves the start, he's done way more than Alan Ruiz and it doesn't look like JJ will be using Doumbia in the "support striker" role - Podence reminds me of Giovinco (TFC fan here)
    - Dost will start ahead of Doumbia

4. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exciting to get this going. Hope I can catch more matches this season. Anyone know if/how Sport TV or the Portuguese Liga will be available to folks in the US?

5. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I've found acestreams to be pretty reliable for me. You'll have the odd match that has buffer issues but I find they work more often then not. I relied on them 100% the season before last. Last year I used FuboTV, which was alright but was probably as reliable as acestreams. Some times they would be choppy and some times they would drop the signal all together, they're DVR service was useless too. For a paid service it wasn't worth it for me to renew. This year I'm trying out an IPTV service, same cost as Fubo but I get tons of international channels, a bunch of Portuguese channels. So far so good, all Sport TV channels seem to stream in 1080p 60fps, best quality I've gotten out of streams. I'm just hoping it'll stay reliable once the season starts. So I'm rolling with the IPTV service with acestreams and then reddit as backup this year. Should be covered lol. I think my Fubo subscription runs til November as wall but I'm not sure if they have Liga NOS rights this year. I thought I heard they were streaming them through GolTV but in SD.

natenate101 repped this.
  6. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I have IPTV as well, got the Sport TV channels w/ very high quality. I use the acestream though when the TV is in use though.

OndaVerde and natenate101 repped this.
  7. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
  8. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I'm not excited ,

Porto is already champs according to the media

9. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I been on the Podence bandwagon since last years preseason, he was the lone bright spot lol and I thought he'd thrive in the secondary striker role. Was happy to see him back from loan last year, figured he'd be good insurance behind Gelson on the wing without losing pace, but I'm glad to see he's carving out that role he proved he could play 2 summers ago. If he can add the strength that Giovinco has he'll be a good one, that dude is a tank lol Here's hoping it's a breakout year for Podence.

I was hoping the pair of double Ds would cause fits but I'll support an academy player 10 times out of 10

natenate101 repped this.
  10. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    natenate101 repped this.
  11. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. Inkie

Inkie Member

May 17, 2013
    Paio Pires
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I'd go with Rui, Piccini, Coates, Mathieu, Coentrão, Gélson, William, Adrien, Acuña, Bruno Fernandes and Dost.

Bench: Sallin, Jonathan, Pinto/Tobias, Battaglia, Iuri, Podence, Doumbia.

Adrien has status, and Bruno is too good to be benched. I'd be happy to play Podence too, nice to see so much depth up front.

Edit: If Mathieu is still injured, then I'd play Podence, with William and Bruno swapping down the field.

13. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Let's be honest here.

This is sportings liga to lose. Benfica and Porto are both shit. We clearly have the best team it looks like.

14. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Donno about that. Benficas won four years in a row, Porto has had the best preseason, and half our team is unknown quantities. We still have the worst back 4 too, which is what wins leagues tbh. Much more hope this year than last year for sure tho.

15. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed on all of this. Our CBs worry me.

temesgen repped this.
  16. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    We need to sign a strong backup - William has shown he can play CB but in reality we need someone who can replace Tobias (Andre Pinto seems to be 4th choice and Tobias has had opportunities but failed to capitalize). Someone who can alternate with Mathieu regularly when/if he's injured, preferably relatively young so he can take over Mathieu's spot in a couple years.

natenate101 repped this.
  17. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Looks like Alan Ruiz is out of the match tomorrow through injury. Podence was likely to start in any case.

In the pre-match interview, JJ said Bruno Fernandes has the edge at the moment ahead of Adrien.

He was also asked about why Schelotto and Bryan aren't with the squad, he said that it was simply his decision he had to make

SCP_16 and vilafria repped this.
  18. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    We need to sell off some guys.

Aside from that, there has been substantial evidence that benfica has been fixing the league via the emails. Yet, the league has done nothing. No matter how terrible they are, the refs will always intervene when things aren't going their way.

19. AlexJones19

AlexJones19 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Patricio
    Piccini Coates Mathieu Coentrao
    William
    Gelson Adrien Acuna
    Bruno Fernandes
    Dost

20. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Very interesting so Podence sacrificed and Bruno fernandes playing behind Dost. I'm assuming he'll be playing more of a classic 10 rather than a second striker.

21. Inkie

Inkie Member

May 17, 2013
    Paio Pires
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    My prediction came true :D

OndaVerde repped this.
  22. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Little disappointed, both Podence and Bruno deserve to start, but Adrien should be in the starting XI as well. It's a good problem to have I suppose, but you have to imagine that Adrien will be sold by the end of the month

23. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I'm just worried Bruno might not deliver - but it is a role he played in Italy so hope it works.

Adrien has to be played while he's here. If we bench him his value will go down

24. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I can't edit my original post but if you're looking for a web/mobile stream this one seems pretty steady

Click Here

If not check out the Reddit thread

25. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Agree 100% it's one of those situations, you can't bench Adrien it's a bad move but you can't sit Bruno either and risk messing up his rhythm. It's the best choice I think. Podence can be used of the bench either behind Bruno if he doesn't perform or for Gelson