CBS (Paramount+) Streaming and on-Air

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by socceraction, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #926 Kryptonite, Mar 28, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2024
    Oof. You probably could have upgraded to commercial-free for a comparable, if not better, price using the SportsLine deal above. Then again, if you're grandfathered into an older plan, I can see things from your angle.

Cancelation teams can be wonderful people tho. They play the same games with their own subscriptions.

I'm also down to just over $5/mo for two years with SiriusXM. It's everything they offer on the app and I don't care what the radio has because it's in someone else's car. I did the rough math and it works out to something like 3-4 months at full price and free for the rest of the two years. At this point, I think I'm getting it free until December 2025.

2. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SiriusXM… haha, that’s where I cut my teeth on feigned-cancellation, price-negotiation! I’ve managed to stay ~$5-6/mo for a decade or so now.

And I’m pretty happy with $35/yr for P+. It wasn’t worth it to me to deal w/ the hassle of the Sportsline idea, and likely having to let my plan expire as of 4/7 when I have an important UCL match to watch on 4/9. Too risky.

Kryptonite repped this.
  3. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was ~$10/mo for a while with SiriusXM...then I got it down to $8/mo. I had actually just started a year-long deal there when I learned about $4/mo for two years. Oddly enough, they also had that same price for one year and $5/mo for one year or two years. Well, it doesn't take a genius.

And yeah, I was nervous about doing the previous SportsLine deal. My deal had expired, but I wanted to wait a few days until I needed to use Paramount+ again. I figured I got lucky.

I've also played the game with my TV/internet provider since years with double zeros.

4. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Why did they scale back Argentine soccer coverage? There are a few live matches today but nothing on the app.

5. TheJoeGreene

TheJoeGreene Member+

Aug 19, 2012
    The Lubbock Texas
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Not sure, but they flat out didn't respond when I contacted them about it.

InterFan76 repped this.
  6. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I just wrote them too to see if I get an answer.

7. Roti2000

Roti2000 Member

Apr 27, 2012
    I’ve been bummed about this too.

Maybe this arrangement is just for the current Copa tourney and things will get back to ‘normal’ when the league proper begins in May?

thats my optimistic take at the moment.

InterFan76 repped this.
  8. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I’m just glad all River matches are still being shown but sucks I was bored and wanted to watch a match today

9. MLSinCleveland

MLSinCleveland Member+

Oct 12, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know this is slightly off-topic, but could someone explain why they're playing this "Copa de La Liga" instead of a normal season?

10. TheJoeGreene

TheJoeGreene Member+

Aug 19, 2012
    The Lubbock Texas
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This happens in Argentina every year now, starting in 2020. They have the cup competition for all the LPF teams and then they have the regular season. There's also a larger cup competition for 64 total teams going down to the 5th level in Argentina, very similar in structure to the DFB Pokal in Germany.

They've also moved to a system where relegation has been re-instituted and it consists of the team finishing last each year and the team finishing last in the 3 year running coefficient. It feels like they're just trying anything now.

MLSinCleveland repped this.
  11. MLSinCleveland

MLSinCleveland Member+

Oct 12, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like chaos

TheJoeGreene repped this.
  12. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Also guys is Brazil Serie A coming back on Paramount Plus? I see the season starts in April 13 but when I go onto the Brazil section it doesn’t say the date it’s returning. I know in the past all the leagues Paramount plus covers had a date when each would return.

13. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For some reason, Paramount+ wasn't working on my TV this afternoon. Luckily, CBS had enough to keep me happy.

MLSinCleveland repped this.
  14. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Okay, I guess most people probably didn't watch this game, but Paramount+ ran about a 2-minute commercial break in the middle of the second half of the live broadcast of Atletico v Dortmund CL match! Is this a new practice or did an intern press a wrong button?

15. TheJoeGreene

TheJoeGreene Member+

Aug 19, 2012
    The Lubbock Texas
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Interesting. I was watching the multicast and didn't see that on the Atletico-Dortmund game.

16. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Even if the commercial break was inserted on purpose, its not something I would expect to appear on one-half of a multicast screen. If I were to guess though, I would say it was all an accident. Though a friend was telling me he was seeing commercials popping up in the middle of Copa Sudamericana games (though totally different network).

TheJoeGreene repped this.
  17. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    BeIN is doing this now on all their games - it's usually a promo for something else they're showing where they reduce the live game to the left half of the screen and they run the promo on the other. It's kind of stupid, but at least they typically try to run it during a substitution or injury stoppage.

BocaFan repped this.
  18. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Yeah saw this too, had to be a goof as CBS isn't in the habit of this.

BocaFan repped this.
  19. MLSinCleveland

MLSinCleveland Member+

Oct 12, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could also be BeIN Extra, which is a FAST (free ad-supported television) network that has to run scheduled breaks.

20. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Did Paramount Plus loose Brazil Serie A rights? No live games shown being scheduled for today the start of Serie A.

21. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    livesoccertv says it's still on Paramount+ in the US.

22. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It wouldn't surprise me if they haven't even wrapped up the international rights yet.

Quick searches still mention Paramount, but their contract was from 21 to 23 (according to one of those quick searches). Fanatiz also picked it up in 21 or 22. Nothing clear about the 2024 season. (Edit: just checked Fanatiz's site and it says "2024 Brasileirão pending confirmation".)

23. TheJoeGreene

TheJoeGreene Member+

Aug 19, 2012
    The Lubbock Texas
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Chatting with an agent for Paramount+ and apparently he says that they had the rights for Brasileirao through 2023.

Same for Argentina.

24. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The Fanatiz page no longer includes "pending confirmation" in its description of the Brasileirão as part of their pack.

25. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well this sucks.